disney grand california sale start 1-25-09 for founding members

sam_001

Mouseketeer
hi all i just got my letter today that the villas at Disney grand California go on sale next mouth jan 25 to march 25 2009 for members only. if this is the wrong place to put this thread please move it thanks.

Great news! Can't wait to get our letter!

Thanks,
Dennis

just received the letter too, already have a message into my guide. Kind of funny they would make their biggest west coast announcement on Christmas Eve?

hi all i just got my letter today that the villas at Disney grand California go on sale next mouth jan 25 to march 25 2009 for members only. if this is the wrong place to put this thread please move it thanks.

I read it's only members who originally bought at DL.

Horray! something else to look foreward too! My husband just today asked about going to DL.

Sandy:banana:

I wonder if you get the best deal by making a trip to DL and buying while at DL?

I tried calling my guide 3 times so far today, kept getting voice mail that she was in the office but not avaialbe. I left a message once. Since I live within sight to Disneyland, I made a quick stop at the sales center this afternoon. The people at the front seemed kind of confused. They had not yet been notified of the sale date yet and they had no information at all. I showed them the letter and they said the letter contained more information than they had heard.

Maybe these letters got to us faster than Disney was expecting? Probally just typical Disney with the left hand not talking to the right hand.....

I got my letter today as well and called our guide at DL and asked here all the normal questions as far as points,add on minimums, and price per point and she said she had no information yet, but did know the letters had gone out. i asked why they sent the letters out before having any really info to pass along and she said from the beggining that alot of founding members who purchased through the DL office and requested as much forward notice as Disney was able to provide so that members could basically get they're ducks in a row so to speak to get ready to purchase when the time comes. So bascially thats all the letters were, just a little friendy heads up that the sale will begin January 25th for founding members. A little friendly advise though to people looking to get founding member status, I was told by our guide that there were a limited number of founding members and once a certain number of people purchased DVC throught the DL sales office that was it, so if people are planning on buying DVC membership at the DL office to get founding member status just get a straight answer from your guide if that program is over and full before buying for that reason alone.

I guess the "late January" date mentioned at the Annual Meeting turned out to be true -- at least for the DLR Founding Members.

I got my letter here in San Diego too on the 24th. I had coincidentally JUST called my guide about a week ago and she knew nothing about it at the time. So I guess they are not too good at informing their sales staff.

Anyway, they are gonna get a LOT of phone calls about this in the coming month so I hope they shape up and get some info about seasons and prices to the guides!

Kat

There's really no reason to call guides for information. They don't/won't know anything that isn't posted on the internet information sites.

There's really no reason to call guides for information. They don't/won't know anything that isn't posted on the internet information sites.

Sorry, but I'm going to keep bugging my guide daily until she has information for me. The letter said "Call your Vacation Club guide (Name and phone number) today to learn more about this unprecedented opportunity, and be sure to ask for details about a special gift for Founding Members."

If Disney is sending me letters telling me to call my guide for info, I will be calling daily for info until I get it. If the sales guides complain to the higher ups that they told people to call them for info when they have none, hopefully that will speed up the release of information.

I agree that it's poor planning to send out Christmas Eve telling the receiver to 'call their Guide today', then not provide training to those guides. I think they were behind in planning but had to send out anyway - to make sure they arrive by the 25th to legally announce 90 days before the release to general members...otherwise they'd have to delay their sale dates...

Oh, and since the minimum add on points are going to be 100 starting January, does this mean we can't buy under 100 at GCV either??? That's a bit of a problem since I don't see us needing quite so many points at Disneyland.

Katherine

Hi Katherine:flower3:

I still haven't got my letter yet, but thanks to the dis I will be calling my guide at DL to remind her that we want to add on. Hopefully a points chart comes out soon so we all can decide how many points to buy and how much the annual dues will cost:scared1:

Oh, and since the minimum add on points are going to be 100 starting January, does this mean we can't buy under 100 at GCV either??? That's a bit of a problem since I don't see us needing quite so many points at Disneyland.

Katherine
That is my B I G question, and also, if we can still slice our purchase into chunks.

If the sales guides complain to the higher ups that they told people to call them for info when they have none, hopefully that will speed up the release of information.
I think you don't quite grasp the status of guides in the Disney food chain, and how little higher-ups care about their complaints.

But let's all hope the info comes out soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter