Disney Lorcana

jimim

DIS Veteran
ok I didn't see anything on it here yet about it. . .

anyone interested?

I just don't see how they can break into this arena. its a very niche area. Pokemon and MTG have survived cause they have been around for sooooo many years. I have played MTG since 94 so back in the days of the vintage legacy cards of crazy value now. there were a lot of other games back then that never took off cause even back then very niche. LOTR is the one I can think of. Still have those cards.

I like the idea of a game more accessible like Disney is doing, but kids son't want to play card games anymore. I feel it's more of a throw back to my generation. I'll deff check it out, but no way they are roping me in cause we all know its going turn into a try and collect these ultra rare cards that you will only be able to get at events or specific park days. The first set will be at D23. If anyone is going I would deff grab them if possible cause if for some reason it does take off. . . well you never know. I sold off my MTG collection in 2000 to buy my first truck out of college cause yes my collection was worth that much. fast forward to 2015 when I got my kids into it. I pulled out what was left of my collection. my kids started to google. what I sold in 2000 was now the price to almost pay off my mortgage. I wanted to vomit. one never knows. For those that play MTG they will know exactly what I mean. The 9 power cards. Original dual lands.

Anyway. . . would be cool if it actually got traction, but I highly highly doubt it will be handled and released properly and I just don't think in 2022 there is a place in that market for a new type of this game. They would have better off going digital like MTG did with arena maybe. Do limited edition codes you can only buy at events or get. . . they aren;'t worth anything cause its digital only but maybe people would play more. I know I only play arena anymore. at my age the people I played with aren't around this area and there are no more game stores. those days are over but everyday I can hop on arena and play. no where near the same feeling as when I was in high school with my buddies but I can still play. me and the kids play in the winter on paper but they are of the Digital age. they like it but because I did when I was a kid. makes me feel good but they are doing it more to please me. we will stick with our other vice of spending money. legos. those the 3 of us love equally. except my wife. lol

would love to hear from others who know about this world of D&D and the age of table top games like this.

be safe everyone. have a great day!
Jim

I would get the cards more for collections that an actual competition. I don't know where they would host these events.

I see this is pretty much a dead thread but am excited for this game.

Based on my local card shops response it appears there are a lot of Disney fans in the TCG genre (Magic the Gathering, One Piece, Yughio, Pokemon, etc). There is enough that the shop has already had to set a preorder maximum of 1 deck or expansion per an individual. Also we have already been approved to be a tournament shop. I know several people who play other cards games are waiting patiently to finally get our hands on this game.

I see this is pretty much a dead thread but am excited for this game.

Based on my local card shops response it appears there are a lot of Disney fans in the TCG genre (Magic the Gathering, One Piece, Yughio, Pokemon, etc). There is enough that the shop has already had to set a preorder maximum of 1 deck or expansion per an individual. Also we have already been approved to be a tournament shop. I know several people who play other cards games are waiting patiently to finally get our hands on this game.
I cannot wait for next month. I don’t think any of my card shops will carry it

I cannot wait for next month. I don’t think any of my card shops will carry it
Definitely ask. Mine has no in store advertisements since release date change to generic fall but they announced on Facebook that we will be a tournament shop and took preorders.

does anyone else remember the Harry Potter trading card game? I'll be curious to see how big this goes or if it just quickly disappears...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter