Disney Magic Kingdoms

This isn’t yet another tower challenge is it? Three is a row is a bit much, plus I just find them boring.

I haven't seen anything definitive, but the October rewards calendar doesn't have cocoas being the daily reward on any day, so I wouldn't expect a Tower Challenge in October.

latest post for the Facbook page for the game says there is a live stream this Friday and there will be a new attraction, new concession, and new land!

Last live stream (I think) said the event will be like the Pocahontas cascading critters event.

Yeah, cascading critters was 3 simultaneous tapper events at once for Pocahontas comfy fabric. I am not a huge fan of those, and didn't buy Percy or get the comfy costume, but hopefully will have more success with the NBC event.

That 75 character limit is a STINKER. It doesn't really affect me who are at the end of the storyline and with most characters at 10, but I'm still mad LOL... I feel sorry for the players who are not early adopters of the game and are in the middle of the story line and who've bought tons of legendary chests for events characters they missed before joining the game. These people really do need to have their whole arsenal of characters out in the park to farm magic and tokens. And with this limit, character leveling is going to drag on and on, with no end in sight...
How many characters to have in the park should really be up to the player, and if your device is struggling and the game runs really slow, then the player can limit the characters himself/herself.

That 75 character limit is a STINKER. It doesn't really affect me who are at the end of the storyline and with most characters at 10, but I'm still mad LOL... I feel sorry for the players who are not early adopters of the game and are in the middle of the story line and who've bought tons of legendary chests for events characters they missed before joining the game. These people really do need to have their whole arsenal of characters out in the park to farm magic and tokens. And with this limit, character leveling is going to drag on and on, with no end in sight...
How many characters to have in the park should really be up to the player, and if your device is struggling and the game runs really slow, then the player can limit the characters himself/herself.

I actually have no issues with limiting characters, but I am also at end of game and only leveling the characters usually from the last event. But I must say if doing this gets two more pieces of land and allows me to get more of my buildings out and arrange my kingdom how I would like, I have no issues with the changes. I think I only have 40 or so characters out anyway and more if we are doing an event.

The 75 character limit will be cumbersome for me, but manageable. I am a long time player, but I took a break for about a year. I have slowly been collecting the characters I missed, so I usually have 6-7 character sets out collecting at a time. I have 92 characters out and collecting right now. I will be able to wrap up a couple of collections before the update, so I should come in just under the 75 limit. I can absolutely see the need for it regardless. I play on a cheap Moto phone and when I have a lot of characters out, my game play is slow and it will crash at least once while I am working to collect and send characters back out. I know this is because I have a cheap phone and I don't send in help tickets, but I think a lot of people do. I hope they will make adjustments to the magic earning for newer players, or they will just get frustrated and stop playing, but with Gameloft, you can never tell.

Any specifics from the livestream?

All credit goes to Reddit user kronkswronglever. I just copied it because they did a great job and I am too lazy to recreate it on my own.

Update 44: Lock, Shock and Barrel Cascading Critters Event
renderTimingPixel.png

Thursday October 8th: Lunchbox tapper event. Haunted Mansion Headband Stand as a leaderboard reward.
October 8th -12th. The Bride will be back and available in Sapphire chests for a short period. Sapphire Chests available in chest shop, milestone rewards etc. More opportunity to win her and other Villains that will be in the chests.
Cascading Critters Event - Lock, Shock and Barrel
Very similar event to Pocahontas. Cascading Critters event.
  • Update available: Tues October 6th (Some platforms may vary - event will start at same time for everyone).
  • Event Start: October 23rd - November 1st.
  • Tap the Spiders. Barrell is the final reward here, tap 80 spiders to recieve him. Tap 10: Legendary chest. Tap 20: 10 common blueprints. Tap 40: 10 uncommon blueprints. Tap 80: Barrell.
  • Clear the Trees. Collect potions and pruners(?).
  • Clear the Shadow Monsters. Lanterns and Lilypads.
MICKEY AND FRIENDS HALLOWEEN COSTUMES ARE A BIG HELP WITH EVENT
New Characters:

• Lock, Shock and Barrel.
  • Shock will be the grand prize.
  • Lock is the premium character. (Available in a Bundle and for Gems, only available during event.)
New Attraction:
  • Oogie Boogie’s Spin.
New Concession:
  • The Haunted Mansion Ears Headband Stand. Available in Sweepstakes prizes, leaderboard rewards (lunchbox tapper) and Sapphire chests.
Land:
  • Two plots in FRONTIERLAND. MORE land by the end of the year too.
QOL Changes
  • New feature called character kingdom limit. 75 characters in the park at one time. Going to help game play quality. Will be able to welcome new characters etc even if at limit. DMK will be more upfront with helper characters in future. No limits for attractions in park. Character limit helps with more land availability. REMINDER : DMK Dropping support for ANDROID devices with less than 1GB of RAM.
  • IOS PLAYERS WILL HAVE AN OPTION TO OPT IN TO WATCH ADS. CAN CHANGE IN SETTINGS AT ANY TIME.
Balancing:
  • NBC AND AIW floats out of legendary chests to parade tent permanently.
  • Zero rarity from Legendary to Common.
  • More balancing changes in patch notes released on monday.

Yeah, the 75 character thing is going to be fun. :-/ I'm one of those mid-range players still in the storyline (just recently welcomed Meeko) and have a LOT of characters I've never finished leveling up. For me, it's going to be a mix of "active" characters, otherwise useless characters popping in and out to make people happy, and characters I like and refuse to put away on principle.

And I'm so happy we're getting LS&B and so worried I won't be able to.

As another mid-range player, I’m not happy about the character limit, as I really need all of the ones I have out there on tasks and earning magic to progress at a decent rate.

Does anyone know when the character limit starts?

The Bride will be back and available in Sapphire chests for a short period. Sapphire Chests available in chest shop, milestone rewards etc. More opportunity to win her and other Villains that will be in the chests.

Do we know what is meant by "more opportunity"? Do they mean that these sapphire chests are the "more opportunity" or that there will be more beyond these chests?

As another mid-range player, I’m not happy about the character limit, as I really need all of the ones I have out there on tasks and earning magic to progress at a decent rate.

Does anyone know when the character limit starts?

The assumption is when you download the update. It's available on Tuesday, new event doesn't start until Thursday, so you could delay a couple of days. I didn't see the part of the livestream where they talked about The Bride, so other than that she will be available in a chest, I don't know what more opportunity means.

Do we know what is meant by "more opportunity"? Do they mean that these sapphire chests are the "more opportunity" or that there will be more beyond these chests?

Wondered the same thing, but read it the same way you did. I think sapphire chests are the only way to get her. While I gave up on being a character completionism a long time ago, she’s one of the few characters I really would like to have. Will probably buy a few sapphire chests.

Wondered the same thing, but read it the same way you did. I think sapphire chests are the only way to get her. While I gave up on being a character completionism a long time ago, she’s one of the few characters I really would like to have. Will probably buy a few sapphire chests.

Same here, so that is what I am trying to decide if the sapphire chests are only way (if so I will likely buy some) or any other way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter