• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Kinda wish I booked for last week myself. Very chilly at Hilton Head Island on the front end of the trip, and it's only finally warming up now that I'm leaving tomorrow.
It wasn't super great last week. We arrived and enjoyed 78 degrees. Tuesday Morning it was 42 with a 50 high. Warmed up on Thursday to 70 then Friday was overcast and blustery. Magic Kingdom was packed that day. We did 3 attractions and left to spend time in our grand villa. If you go to the springs, be there at open or prepare to wait in line to get into stores.

It wasn't super great last week. We arrived and enjoyed 78 degrees. Tuesday Morning it was 42 with a 50 high. Warmed up on Thursday to 70 then Friday was overcast and blustery. Magic Kingdom was packed that day. We did 3 attractions and left to spend time in our grand villa. If you go to the springs, be there at open or prepare to wait in line to get into stores.
Just left the Springs. Walked into most shops, including the Christmas store. Fared better today than we probably would have tomorrow, Saturday.

Brave

Characters:
Merida
Queen Elinor
King Fergus (premium: 300 gems or bundle)
Lord Macintosh
Lord MacGuffin
Lord Dingwall (premium: 200 gems or bundle)

Merida’s Comfy Costume:
Available through final stretch of the event (same as Moana event)

Download: Tuesday, December 15th
Event runs: Thursday, December 17th to January 7th

Kingdom will be decorated with holiday decorations

Attractions:
Castle Dunbroth (sp?)
Witch’s Cauldron
Runes of the Ancient Kingdom
Ring of Stones (premium: gems or bundle)

Concessions:
Ice Pastry Stand (ice pastries are event currency)
Bear Mug Milkshake Stand

Decorations:
Archery Set
Brave Gold Trophy (via Striking Gold events)

Parade Float

2 new plots of land behind Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- together they cover everything behind BTMR
- 7 million magic and 4 days to unlock
- 6 million magic and 3 days to unlock

Striking Gold tapper events:
December 22-24
December 28-30
January 3-5

Gold droppers: Mickey, Ham, Jessie, Frozen characters, Brave characters and the Brave premium attraction

Other Tapper Events:
December 19-21 - ravens
December 25-27 - storm clouds
December 31-January 2 - clean sweep brooms

One New Feature:
A mystery award offer will be available in the event hub—basically watching ads for currency and items

Balancing Changes:
There will be Frozen side quests some of which require characters to be level 4 or higher

Token conflicts may be lessened. For example, a character who drops a Merida ears hat and a Beast ears hat will not drop the Beast ears hat (during the event). The exception are Frozen token drops which can still cause conflicts.

Holiday Mickey and Minnie costumes are unlocked during the event only (gems or bundle)

Helpful characters:
Frozen characters (and anyone who levels them up)
Mickey
Goofy
Pete
Woody
Buzz
Sarge
Bo Peep
Ham
Bunny
Cinderella
Prince Charming
Tinker Bell

Red Ribbon Chest:
December 25

Got the update this morning (iPhone version) and my kingdom is now 7 million magic lighter and covered in snow.

Just downloaded the update and now the game keeps crashing when trying to reorganize the park. Ah, sweet sweet interns...

Got the update this morning (iPhone version) and my kingdom is now 7 million magic lighter and covered in snow.
13 million if you do both areas....
My Kingdom is also 7 million magic lighter and very cold looking. Considering I live in Florida snow is rare.
Not even going to bother. I've packed away all of my attractions and now only the area around California Screamin' is in play. No need to open other plots that I won't ever need.

13 million if you do both areas....
Not even going to bother. I've packed away all of my attractions and now only the area around California Screamin' is in play. No need to open other plots that I won't ever need.
I too haven't opened any new land, even the one from the last update. I don't need it. Doesn't progress the story line. Don't want to ever get into a scenario where I am ever hurting for magic.

I don't mind spending the magic. I don't enjoy rearranging my park at all, so I'd rather have room to fit in most things. If I ever get low on magic, though, I'll start holding back. I'm at 43 million today, after the big spend, so I figure I'm ok for now.

One good benefit of the new update - at least for today anyway - is that ads appear to be back on schedule of being available at 8pm et. I did the ads this morning, and they became available again tonight, long before the 24 hour period it’s been for the last month or two. Hopefully it stays that way.

Just started opening Big Thunder Mountain Railroad last night. Also working the slow grind of tokens with Tia Dalma (I only have an enchanted Davy Jones's Organ gathering tokens).

I'm looking forward to Brave. Not quite as much as I was to The Mandalorian, but this'll still be a fun thing to do in my two weeks off from work over the holidays.

I don't mind spending the magic. I don't enjoy rearranging my park at all, so I'd rather have room to fit in most things. If I ever get low on magic, though, I'll start holding back. I'm at 43 million today, after the big spend, so I figure I'm ok for now.
18M for me. But I've had attractions and concessions stored for a long while now. If I had that kinda coin, I'd just open them as well.

Other than @Renarr is anyone else looking forward to the event. Can’t say I am, but has nothing to do with Brave, I just wish they game us the gift of no new events in 2020. Only type of event that might have gotten me excited it OG Star Wars or the introduction of Marvel character.

Checking my characters before this new event starts:

Mandalorian - 10
Yoda Kid - 7
Kwiil - 7 (ready for 8)
Cara Dune - 7 (ready for 8)
Apollo Creed - 7 (ready for 8)

Lock - 8 (ready for 9)
Shock - 6
Barrell - 9 (20 hats away from 10)

The Queen (how many queens do we have in the game now?) was practically an instant welcome because I had enough people out for currency tasks already. After welcome, her first quest is.....go look for something. Deja vu!

Well the event is started and seems pretty typical so far- first character is relatively easy to get as just need the common tokens (from the tappers) and some EC so should have enough int he next hour or so

First premium character that is available now is Lord Dingwall - costs 200 gems or $3.99 bundle with items to level up

Oh, and got Elsa's holiday outfit in today's chest so something at least marginally useful (better than a bench or something)

Other than @Renarr is anyone else looking forward to the event. Can’t say I am, but has nothing to do with Brave, I just wish they game us the gift of no new events in 2020. Only type of event that might have gotten me excited it OG Star Wars or the introduction of Marvel character.
I am only because my storyline has essentially stopped. All I have left is level up some characters and it’s gotten quite boring. Looking forward for something to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter