Disney Magic Kingdoms

Here we go again. Ridiculous that a "professional" company would have continued issues with every new damn release. And you people wonder why I'm convinced that GameLoft is nothing more than a rotating set of interns with each new semester. The game should be on autopilot at this point, with new content added in. How can you continually have a game that won't load after each update? Or features inadvertently stop working or disappear so that they have to constantly give players make-good gifts due to errors? Once or twice, sure, it's going to happen. But every update brings a new set of frustration. Friggin' brilliant....

Last edited:
Sorry if someone has already posted this observation...I have not been following this board for quite some time...

In March, I wrote to Customer Service regarding an inappropriate ad (Lever Tactical) I saw during gameplay. It was for a modification to a AR15 style rifle. It happened so fast I failed to get any images. Customer Service sorta blew me off without such documentation.

I saw this ad again this morning and furnished images to Customer Service.

Did anyone else see this ad? I strongly feel this is NOT the place for such products.

Thanks,

Ken

Wow, no I haven’t. I would be really bothered by it too. Thank you for reporting it!

Sorry if someone has already posted this observation...I have not been following this board for quite some time...

In March, I wrote to Customer Service regarding an inappropriate ad (Lever Tactical) I saw during gameplay. It was for a modification to a AR15 style rifle. It happened so fast I failed to get any images. Customer Service sorta blew me off without such documentation.

Did anyone else see this ad? I strongly feel this is NOT the place for such products.

Thanks,

Ken
Ads seems to be regional and based on the search engine results from your local network. While in Spain, the ads came up in Spanish. While in Orlando, I was getting ads for resident discounts at WDW. So not sure where the rifle ads would be coming from.

Ads seems to be regional and based on the search engine results from your local network. While in Spain, the ads came up in Spanish. While in Orlando, I was getting ads for resident discounts at WDW. So not sure where the rifle ads would be coming from.

I'm in Ohio and never performed a search for guns or implements. Regardless of region or search history, this type of ad is just not acceptable for intended audience of this game.

I would hope Gameloft has some control of the ads displayed during the gameplay.

I'm in Ohio and never performed a search for guns or implements. Regardless of region or search history, this type of ad is just not acceptable for intended audience of this game.

I would hope Gameloft has some control of the ads displayed during the gameplay.

I totally agree.

ETA: Now that I think about it, my ads have ONLY ever been for other games. Usually Gameloft games. I have never seen an ad for anything besides a game in iOS or Windows.

Last edited:

Thanks,

Ken

Yikes. I only get ads for other games these days, but I remember getting car and household item ads more than a year ago.

They are - I actually watched the ads when I was in Norway since they were interesting for a change.

Yikes. I only get ads for other games these days, but I remember getting car and household item ads more than a year ago.

They are - I actually watched the ads when I was in Norway since they were interesting for a change.

Gameloft's Customer Service responded that they will have their ad experts look into this situation and take appropriate measures where necessary.

I appreciate their response but why not agree that this is unacceptable and ban such ads from their game(s)?

If I see such an ad again...we're through. I have brought this to their attention twice. Time will tell.

Gameloft's Customer Service responded that they will have their ad experts look into this situation and take appropriate measures where necessary.

I appreciate their response but why not agree that this is unacceptable and ban such ads from their game(s)?

If I see such an ad again...we're through. I have brought this to their attention twice. Time will tell.
I don't know the business and how they build the algorithms to run the ads, but as far as I am concerned they can treat gun ads like they do ads for cigarettes. Just don't include them.

I can’t believe I’m doing this and it makes me a little sick to my stomach, but I’m gonna defend GameLoft here. First of all I want to make it clear I agree with almost everything you said, and we shouldn’t have to see adds like thatl That said other players wouldn’t have a problem an ad like that. The problem isn’t really GameLoft, but it’s whatever service the games using. When your contact GameLoft to report this, they are just forwarding (hopefully), the complaint to the ad company they deal with. There are only a handful of services/companies that host these ads and lets just say their track records are questionable at best. Now that ads are location based your gonna see more discrepancies like this. Luckily I’ve never seen any ads like the one you mentioned and mostly see game or brand name company ads.

I’ve played a number of other games that I watch ads for and they are worse than the one GameLoft uses. In those games I see a lot game ads for games that basicalls promote gambling or easy cash. Even had a game that was running a lot of political pact ads last year, but they luckily stoped running them fairly quickly.

I don't know the business and how they build the algorithms to run the ads, but as far as I am concerned they can treat gun ads like they do ads for cigarettes. Just don't include them.

I agree with you, but for the most part it’s out of there control. Bad ads will occasionally get in and the best way to get rid or them is report them, or stop watching the ads. Reporting is the best option, because if they get enough complaints, they will likely get removed.

Last edited:
How is everyone doing on the event? I like the old movies, so it’s been fun so far.
Doing well so far. I agree... it is fun to see classic characters. Leia's welcome animation with R2D2 is perfect. My only complaint is that the ads are not working for gems or Star Wars extras and I am finding that frustrating.

So far so good. Just started Luke’s Home (8 hour construction). Luke’s at level 4, Leia at level 3 and Tie Fighter at level 4. It’s so nice not having to worry about having to worry about collecting the common main item!

For me, I see ads for other Gameloft games/Disney games. Usually the same 3-4 games over and over and over and over and over again. And about the same 10-12 ads in total as well.

Been a bit behind on my playing this weekend (Fri-Sat) due to me getting my covid vaccine (Moderna version), so do have to catch up on the gameplay eventually. I know I'll catch up on the gameplay though, there is still 3 weeks for the most part.

I am enjoying the play so far. Luke is at 6, Leia is at 4, and the Tie Fighter is at 5.

I am enjoying the play so far. Luke is at 6, Leia is at 4, and the Tie Fighter is at 5.

I'm at the same spot, and I've already reached the "welcome Han Solo" task in the story (which can't be started for another two days). Hopefully I'll be able to level all these folks up a little more before I start working on those Han tokens.

All new Star Wars characters at at 5 and likely to stay there for the rest of the event unless I max out EC near the end. Having ample left over Star Wars relics I upped the Falcon and Yavin Base to lvl 2, so now I’m just making sure to max out tokens to avoid conflicts and EC farming until the event progresses.

All new Star Wars characters at at 5 and likely to stay there for the rest of the event unless I max out EC near the end. Having ample left over Star Wars relics I upped the Falcon and Yavin Base to lvl 2, so now I’m just making sure to max out tokens to avoid conflicts and EC farming until the event progresses.
I have the Falcon at 3 and Yavin at 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter