Disney Magic or Disney Fantasy 2014 ?

dadster

Earning My Ears
Good afternoon. We actaully booked our next cruise on our last cruise whih was the Disney Dream.

WE are doing a 7 day cruise on the RE-imagined Disney Magic, but starting to get second thoughts. Was hoping to get some feedback. Trip is not until Nov 2014 and I'm hoping that they make more improvements. I have heard some not so good reviews, BUT excited about the new Oceaneers Club and the new Marvel section. and since we went on the Dream we wanted a different experience. I have heard that the Fantasy is basically the same as the Disney Dream, which we loved. Should I play it safe and change back to the Fantasy or shall I stick with the Magic?

One more thing, we are now adding out group we are getting 2 more rooms(3 in total) 4 in each room. we are currently in the 6th floor 6101 inside state room.
They have 3 rooms together in the 2nd floor and deluxe rooms 2629 2631 2633, would it be worth it to make the change or should we stay in the 6th floor.

Thanks in advance

Hector

If you have anyone interested in the BBB for your princess or pirate, I would do the Fantasy!

The Magic is a great ship!! It's smaller and more accessible than the Fantasy and it's just been remodeled. Yes, it is an older ship and it does have it's quirks, but I would stick with it and try it out! :thumbsup2

Tough decision. I can definitely give your a better opinion when we get back from our next cruise in a few weeks. Our very first cruise was on the Dream in Nov 2012...first time cruise for our kids but DH and I had done a Carnival cruise YEARS before without kids. I swore I'd never cruise again...and then I experienced a Disney cruise! :)

Kids had a FANTASTIC time on our 3-night cruise, but we had ill family members and 4 out of 7 of us didn't even get off the boat at Castaway Cay.

DH and I then cruised on the Wonder just this past Sep/Oct for 7 nights for our 15-year anniversary. We actually enjoyed the smaller ship and having more time at sea. We were quite happy with it and that was after having experienced the Dream.

Now we are introducing our kids to their second Disney cruise...this time 4 nights on the Magic beginning later this month. We've told them it will be smaller than the Dream but I think they will be okay with that. I was a little concerned with the refurb issues but lately things seem okay. We are really looking forward to trying Aquadunk and seeing the great kids areas. My kids are not big on staying in the kid clubs for some reason (they are 9, 11 and 13) but we'll see if they change their mind this time.

Hoping for a very different cruise experience this time around and I'll try to post a report (see my PTR link in my siggy below) when we return that might help you decide. We have two connecting outside porthole rooms on Deck 6 for this trip.

Thanks PrincessForLife and Kittylady for the encouraging words. Yeah I was leaning on keeping it and just going to hope for the best. I know know matter what we will love the different experience and my kids will LOVE IT!! I guess since I invited my family I just hoping that they have a great time to. I know I will get over what ever little quirks the ship may have, but hope they enjoy it too. Fell a little pressure of them having a great time too.

My family includes myself and DW and my kids will be 7 and 10.

Then my inlaws will have 2 more rooms, my sister-in law and 2/3 kids in her room and grandma and grandpa with have the other 2 grandchildren with them. That's why we had switched over to the 2nd floor Deluxe Inside Statesroom. We were originally at the 6th floor.

I will definately take a peak at your trip that you having coming up Kittylady, and thanks again for the feedback.

We are struggling with the same decision. We are planning to book for Nov. 2014 and are trying to decide between the Magic and the Fantasy, cost difference is fantasy is 1k more.

We were on the Mgic in 2009 and loved it, sailed the Dream in 2011 and loved that too.

We are torn, older kids want Fantasy, younger one and dh want Magic...it's cheaper and has the Marvel kids club stuff for youngest dh. Although youngest ds wants minigolf too which is not on Magic. I am leaning towards Magic too as 1k less means we'll have $ for excursions stuff.
Tough decision!

Well glad to hear you enjoyed the Magic before loveysbydesign. And yes the price difference does help. Good luck with the decision, looks like we are sticking with the Magic. Aghain more for a change of pace and the Marvel Kid area
(I wanna be Iron Man) too.

Hector

Well glad to hear you enjoyed the Magic before loveysbydesign. And yes the price difference does help. Good luck with the decision, looks like we are sticking with the Magic. Aghain more for a change of pace and the Marvel Kid area
(I wanna be Iron Man) too.

Hector
I just booked us on the Magic.
There are pros and cons to each.
15 y.o. DS wanted the Fantasy for more to do and have the teen pool area. 6 y.o. ds wants to do the avengers and minigolf, but of course neither the Fantasy nor the Magic has both and dd wanted to tdo the muppet mystery thing on the Fantasy. But when push comes to shove 1k is alot of money fror us so we went with the cheaper option.
Gives us extra money to play with for excursions and such ;)

We might go for a cruise trip for our first anniversary on Jan 5th 2015. Haven't' decided the cruise and cruise lines. My husband Joe haven't been a cruise yet. I have done cruise trips so far. First one was with blountadventures to Caribbean islands and second one was in an Akaska cruise.

I would recommend the Magic, since you've already been on the Dream which is almost the same as Fantasy. Magic is a smaller ship and more intimate.. being a november sailing I'd imagine the ship not being 100% full so you would have a great time.. IMO when Magic/Wonder are full it does feel a little too crowded...but that's just me, most people don't mind it.

Personally I prefer the Fantasy because it's bigger/newer. But you should also experience the Magic as its a great ship too and if you have kids<teens they enjoy any DCL regardless of the name.:rotfl:
Have fun in your trip.!

I am having a similar problem. I will be in the 3 day magic this week for the first time and plan on booking for nov. 29 eastern on the magic or 30 western for the fantasy. I was leaning towards fantasy but it is $500 more so not sure it's worth it. Any opinions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter