Disney Movies that would make good Broadway/West End Musicals

AliceLondon

Earning My Ears
I saw this article and it got me thinking: http://www.lionkingtickets.net/disney-films-that-could-make-good-west-end-shows/

The success of The Lion King musical has just been phenomenal, and it has helped I think with the new generation in keeping it one of the best loved Disney films EVER! I love it just as much as the movie, and I think that lots of others could make good shows! A couple of others have had moderate success such as Beauty and the Beast but none have hit the heights that TLK has. I really think that Pocahontas would make a beautiful musical because the soundtrack is stunning and the scenery could be amazing, especially the scenes with Grandmother Willow!

What do you think?

Pocahontas would be beautiful!!

I think an Alice in Wonderland show would be awesome too!

Pocahontas would be great.

So would Alice in Wonderland - imagine the costumes! :lovestruc

I would also like to see The Little Mermaid

I think Hunchback would make a great musical, because the songs are so epic! As far as I know, there was a musical produced based on the film, but only in France. They changed some things too, like the Gargoyles were clearly a product of Quasi's lonely imagination. :)

I think Hunchback would make a great musical, because the songs are so epic! As far as I know, there was a musical produced based on the film, but only in France. They changed some things too, like the Gargoyles were clearly a product of Quasi's lonely imagination. :)

There was also a Hunchback live stage performance at WDW that was absolutely stunning. Musical theater isn't my thing at all, but this was remarkable. This would be late 80s at DHS.

I will also put in another vote for AIW--the original Disney animated version.
That movie has one of the best soundtracks of all the Disney classics. There would be so much they could do with it with modern theater special effects:earsboy:

I have always believed Hunchback would be an amazing musical! It was gorgeous at WDW and the music gives me goosebumps whenever I hear it! Aladdin might be cool as well

Hunchback would be amazing, because of the music. Hercules would be fun because of the portrayals of Greek gods and mythical creatures, which could be done very creatively. I also think Aladdin could have some beautiful scenery and costumes that I would love to see staged.

Disney did produce a stage version of the movie Hunchback of Notre Dame in Germany. You may be able to find videos at youtube if you search Der Glockner Von Notre Dame :)

I really want to see Newsies in New York.

Hunchback would be amazing, because of the music. Hercules would be fun because of the portrayals of Greek gods and mythical creatures, which could be done very creatively. I also think Aladdin could have some beautiful scenery and costumes that I would love to see staged.

Yes, yes, yes to Hercules. I love the Muses. They'd be awesome.

Also agree with Aladdin. I heard the first song that Aladdin sings the other day and thought it would make a brilliant show.

Normally I would say Newsies but since thats actually happening I would have to say that I think Tangled would translate really well onto the stage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter