Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varsity Spirit After-Hours Event To Take Place at the Magic Kingdom Park On May 8, 2022

On Sunday, May 8 there will be a special ticketed party for Varsity D2 Summit participants at the Magic Kingdom Park. This after-hours event will take place from 10 p.m.– 2 a.m. Transportation to and from the party will be available beginning at 9:30 p.m., with the last bus departing the Magic Kingdom Park at 2:15 a.m.
Event participants will have access to the following offerings:
  • Attractions (queues close at 1:30 a.m.):
    • Astro Orbiter
    • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    • Haunted Mansion
    • Mad Tea Party
    • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
    • Space Mountain
    • Splash Mountain
    • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • Food and Beverage (available until 1:30 a.m.):
    • Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
    • Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
    • Main Street Bakery
    • Carts (until 2 a.m.)
  • Merchandise:
    • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin Photos
    • Emporium
    • Stroller, wheelchair, ECV & locker rentals
    • Tomorrowland Light & Power Co.

Guests Using Disability Access Service (DAS) Will Still Need Boarding Group to Ride Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT

When Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind opens to guests at EPCOT on May 27th, it will utilize a virtual queue system similar to what was required for a period at Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. As with those attractions, guests using the Disability Access Service, or DAS, will need a boarding group acquired from the virtual queue system to ride.
Guests with a DAS will have to first join the virtual queue and obtain a boarding group. Once their boarding group is called, they should head to the attraction and present their MagicBand or ticket media to enter using the Lightning Lane entrance. Guests will only be able to access this attraction by utilizing the virtual queue or by purchasing an Individual Lightning Lane. DAS return times will not be distributed like at other attractions.

Disney Company CEO Bob Chapek Botches Walt Disney World Tagline During Indiana University Commencement Speech

Indiana University alumnus and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, spoke during the IU-Bloomington undergraduate commencement ceremony on May 7, 2022, and without surprise, we have another interesting quote from the controversial executive.

POV your commencement speaker is Bob Chapek, the CEO of ⁦@Disney#IU#IUGrad22pic.twitter.com/ZOfZHbfK20
— Traeger J. Duratti (@TraegerDomorets) May 7, 2022

During his speech, Chapek mistakenly called Walt Disney World “The Happiest Place on Earth”. Of course those reading this site know that Disneyland Resort is “The Happiest Place on Earth”, while Walt Disney World is “The Most Magical Place on Earth”. This seems especially hard to forget given the ongoing “World’s Most Magical Celebration” which reflects the famous tagline, something you might expect the Disney CEO, especially one who led the Parks & Resorts division for years, to know.

Mimosas In Dessert Form NOW at Gasparilla Island Grill

The Mother’s Day Mimosa Cake is a golden sponge cake with mimosa mousse. It can be found at Gasparilla’s Island Grill in The Grand Floridian. This treat retails for $7.99.

Mimosa-Cake-14.jpg

I did too, but hopefully they won't install any of the ones that weren't done yet and just use the ones that they had already started.
I’m hoping that it’s just a meet in the middle point where they don’t have enough staff to regularly man character meets but we want people to $$$ for photo packages so we need to get rid of personal camera only

Disney Company CEO Bob Chapek Botches Walt Disney World Tagline During Indiana University Commencement Speech

Indiana University alumnus and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, spoke during the IU-Bloomington undergraduate commencement ceremony on May 7, 2022, and without surprise, we have another interesting quote from the controversial executive.

During his speech, Chapek mistakenly called Walt Disney World “The Happiest Place on Earth”. Of course those reading this site know that Disneyland Resort is “The Happiest Place on Earth”, while Walt Disney World is “The Most Magical Place on Earth”. This seems especially hard to forget given the ongoing “World’s Most Magical Celebration” which reflects the famous tagline, something you might expect the Disney CEO, especially one who led the Parks & Resorts division for years, to know.
I know this isn’t great, but even national news does this.

just caught up on everything i missed while in WDW. came back thursday. had a great time though i got sick on sunday, congestion and a cough. turns out i caught covid while there. i did make sure anytime i coughed i covered my mouth with my arm and was constantly using hand sanitizer and washing my hands. i totally meant to take pics of the resort activities for both AKL and OKW but i remembered it when i was on the plane ride home lol. Welp time to start counting down to my very first Festival of the Arts trip!!!

just caught up on everything i missed while in WDW. came back thursday. had a great time though i got sick on sunday, congestion and a cough. turns out i caught covid while there. i did make sure anytime i coughed i covered my mouth with my arm and was constantly using hand sanitizer and washing my hands. i totally meant to take pics of the resort activities for both AKL and OKW but i remembered it when i was on the plane ride home lol. Welp time to start counting down to my very first Festival of the Arts trip!!!
Hope you aren’t particularly unwell and recover soon!

I’m so sorry you got sick. How are you feeling now?? I hope better. Thank you anyway, your health is more important. I hope you still enjoyed your trip.

Hope you aren’t particularly unwell and recover soon!
thank you, the most it felt like was a cold. just some coughing and congestion, still feel a little congested and an occasional cough so getting better for sure.
I’m so sorry you got sick. How are you feeling now?? I hope better. Thank you anyway, your health is more important. I hope you still enjoyed your trip.
thank you, i still had a blast! i'm feeling a lot better now :) a little mad at myself for going 2 years without catching covid and getting it in my favorite place, but it could have been a lot worse. plus out of a group of 7 only 3 of us got it.

Indiana? 3 times in a row, gotta feel bad for the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter