Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone already reported that there is no security at Disney Springs? We walked from Saratoga after checking in and went right in - no security check or anyone even standing there. Just a few signs with the mask policy.

To be honest... it doesn't make me feel real comfortable... I hadn't seen it mentioned so I was surprised.

Are the garages security free now, too?

Has anyone already reported that there is no security at Disney Springs? We walked from Saratoga after checking in and went right in - no security check or anyone even standing there. Just a few signs with the mask policy.

To be honest... it doesn't make me feel real comfortable... I hadn't seen it mentioned so I was surprised.

What do you mean security free? If you mean no bag checking...that seemed to just be a trial run they did for a little bit here and there...not the norm. We didn't see any bag checking at Springs on our trip in March or Aug.

What do you mean security free? If you mean no bag checking...that seemed to just be a trial run they did for a little bit here and there...not the norm. We didn't see any bag checking at Springs on our trip in March or Aug.

They were doing bag checking in the garages in July. You had to walk through the scanners like they have at the parks now. There was usually a pretty long line too. I don't know if they were ever doing this at the walking entrance, and I don't know what's going on at the garages now.

We parked in the lime garage over the Labor Day weekend and had to go though the security bag check machine. So they are still doing it. We have done the walk from Saratoga many times in the last year and never went through a security check just the temp screening by the once a upon a toy entrance area. They did always have the cop with the dog who is trained to sniff firearms though at that entrance.

Walking through the metal detectors (the big corrals) We had to walk through them when we parked in the garage mid-June. We visit DS quite often and have gone through the mask check/metal detector every time since they reopened after Covid. We haven't stopped by since June due to summer crowds.

We parked in the lime garage over the Labor Day weekend and had to go though the security bag check machine. So they are still doing it. We have done the walk from Saratoga many times in the last year and never went through a security check just the temp screening by the once a upon a toy entrance area. They did always have the cop with the dog who is trained to sniff firearms though at that entrance.

We stayed at Saratoga last Thanksgiving and definitely had to do the security check. They had one scanner and I remember having to wait in a short line while running late for a dining reservation.

There was literally no one there at that entrance tonight.

We stayed at Saratoga last Thanksgiving and definitely had to do the security check. They had one scanner and I remember having to wait in a short line while running late for a dining reservation.

There was literally no one there at that entrance tonight.
The wait last November there was for the temperature check not security in that area. We waited in the line and were late for dinner too 😊

The wait last November there was for the temperature check not security in that area. We waited in the line and were late for dinner too 😊

I probably grouped all that together in my head :laughing: I am still a little surprised they don't have someone monitoring things at all the entrances. That one was pretty busy tonight w ride share + that crosswalk from the neighboring hotel. Good to know it's not a new development and has clearly worked well so far!

For anyone in need of the reminder, Southwest opened their spring flight availability though calling to book is an hour wait time. I managed to poke the online system enough times to make my flights, just hope there is a sale so I can lower the point cost :crazy2: hope DH doesn't mind the extra day I had to add to get non-stop.

For anyone in need of the reminder, Southwest opened their spring flight availability though calling to book is an hour wait time. I managed to poke the online system enough times to make my flights, just hope there is a sale so I can lower the point cost :crazy2: hope DH doesn't mind the extra day I had to add to get non-stop.
The website hates me and won’t work! 😭😭

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter