Disney outlet at Vineland new parking fee

I'd have to rent a car when I'm down there so it would be cheaper to Uber for me.
Then this conversation doesn't apply to you. This affects those that have a vehicle at their disposal. Not those that will be taking a cab.

Great idea, how to keep from over crowding your parking lot. Why would anyone pay to park at a shopping mall? PT Barnum was right...

We visited twice last month and had no trouble finding parking for free in back. We arrived both times about 10 minutes before they opened.

We visited twice last month and had no trouble finding parking for free in back. We arrived both times about 10 minutes before they opened.

Good to know, we went last year and had no problem parking in the morning, there are only a couple stores I want to go to, so I don’t want to pay.

Which side is the free parking near? Last year we parked near Nike, but I’m guessing that is the front side and no longer free?

Which side is the free parking near? Last year we parked near Nike, but I’m guessing that is the front side and no longer free?
I always park as close as possible (which is no longer very close) to the entrance near the food court; I walk through the food court to go to the Disney store. That's the only store I ever go to.
So is that considered the "front" or the "back" of the mall? I park on the side facing Vineland.

Good to know, we went last year and had no problem parking in the morning, there are only a couple stores I want to go to, so I don’t want to pay.

I always park as close as possible (which is no longer very close) to the entrance near the food court; I walk through the food court to go to the Disney store. That's the only store I ever go to.
So is that considered the "front" or the "back" of the mall? I park on the side facing Vineland.

We parked in back not facing Vineland than walk around the Sephora store towards the Disney outlet which is right outside the food court.

We parked in back not facing Vineland than walk around the Sephora store towards the Disney outlet which is right outside the food court.
Ha. I go at least 3 times (to the Disney store only) on every trip. I pick up stuff for friends who I book vacations for, but take the Magical Express and thus stay within WDW; so I get them retroactive souvenirs.
I've never parked back there! I'll give it a try next time. Thanks.

No mention of where handicap parking is. They covered lots of other categories - Veterans, expectant mothers, etc.
I dropped them an email about this and got a nice reply saying they would add that info to their web site.

I never thought there were any great prices there anyhow. Except for maybe the Disney Outlet.

Most outlets nowadays are the same retail stores from regular malls with "outlet" added to the signage. Sometimes they'll have discontinued merchandise marked down but it's often a matter of lucky timing to get it (and the actual mall stores will often have the same deals available, too.) The character warehouse is one of the few exceptions as far as I can tell.

Most outlets nowadays are the same retail stores from regular malls with "outlet" added to the signage. Sometimes they'll have discontinued merchandise marked down but it's often a matter of lucky timing to get it (and the actual mall stores will often have the same deals available, too.) The character warehouse is one of the few exceptions as far as I can tell.
The outlet stores also often stock cheaper versions of what they sell in their regular stores; Consumer Reports had a report on that a few years ago, comparing the items.
The Disney store now seems to be doing that, too. When I was there in December they had sweatshirts, hoodies, and t shirts for reasonable prices . . . and the tags were indicating those prices, with no "mark down" taken, unlike the reduced merchandise. So I assume they are bringing in that merchandise to pad out their inventory. A friend I bought a hoodie for (I think it was $12) said the quality was comparable to previous marked down hoodies I had purchased for her.

I used to get some wonderful “deals” at the Disney outlet. But I don’t think I’ve bought anything there in a decade.

The outlet stores also often stock cheaper versions of what they sell in their regular stores; Consumer Reports had a report on that a few years ago, comparing the items.
The Disney store now seems to be doing that, too. When I was there in December they had sweatshirts, hoodies, and t shirts for reasonable prices . . . and the tags were indicating those prices, with no "mark down" taken, unlike the reduced merchandise. So I assume they are bringing in that merchandise to pad out their inventory. A friend I bought a hoodie for (I think it was $12) said the quality was comparable to previous marked down hoodies I had purchased for her.

I forgot about the cheaper merchandise... That's definitely true too. I have just the lucky brand jeans to prove it.

I don't think Disney is doing that though. Rather, they just dropped the quality across the board. I've seen some pretty flimsy t-shirts in the $25-30 range on Main Street in recent years.

I don't think Disney is doing that though. Rather, they just dropped the quality across the board. I've seen some pretty flimsy t-shirts in the $25-30 range on Main Street in recent years.
What I meant was they have sweatshirts, hoodies, and t shirts at much lower prices than at the parks. I think the t shirts were $5. Most of their merchandise, if it's marked down, has the regular price tag with a lower price sticker on it. These items have tags that are marked at the selling prices, which I believe were $10 for the sweat shirts, $12 for the hoodies, and $5 for the tees. They are not marked down. They are not as fancy as the "regular" (read: overpriced) items.
That being said, I have bought terrific bargains there. I got a 2015 hoodie marked at I think $35, in 2016 for $5. In December they had Star Wars merchandise at tremendous discount; i.e., an R2D2 robot for $10. I even picked up for gifts a few Chanukkah mugs, marked $14, for 49 CENTS.

If you download the MyPark app, you can reserve a parking spot for $3 for maximum 2 hours. That's what I'll be doing in June when I visit. Both I-Drive and Vineland locations are listed on the app. You can even reserve a space "in the future".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter