• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Pets! :)

bytheblood

DIS Veteran
Do you have a pet named after a Disney character? If so, please tell me about them.

What kind of animal?
Why did you pick the name?
Who in the family chose it?
Anything else you may want to ffer up about your baby.

I have a Westie named Triton, because his white hair looks kind of like Triton's beard.. My wife, brother-in-law and I came up with the name, and our girls approved. He is just 15 weeks old now.

I recently named a stray kitten that wandered into my yard at 4-weeks-old "Mickey". It had been abandoned by its mother, and just meowed wildly into the air in my backyard for days. Initially it would run if I tried to approach, but once I left it some food, it came up to me. Now, a bit more than a month later, it lives in my back patio area (I've got an outdoor covered room, with couches and such back by the pool...she sleeps on the couch). For the first month, I called the cat by the sounds she made - "meow meow". So I figured I had to come up with a name that incorporated the 'meow' part since she had become familiar with that.

I decided on 'Mickey Meow"...and have started working in the Mickey until she gets familiar with it. I figure Mickey could go as a male or female name, and at the time, i didn't know she was a she...so it was a safe neutral name too!

I have a dog, Pomeranian, named Aslan. Although, I had my dog before Disney got involved with Walden to produce The Chronicles of Narnia.

When I was younger and read the Chronicles of Narnia I said, someday I will have a Pomeranian and name him Aslan like the lion. And here I am, I have my doggie. He will be 4 in September. :)

My wife also used to have two cats named nala and simba, which was probably very common at the time she had them right after Lion King came out.. But they have new homes now due to moving around and whatnot.

I recently named a stray kitten that wandered into my yard at 4-weeks-old "Mickey". It had been abandoned by its mother, and just meowed wildly into the air in my backyard for days. Initially it would run if I tried to approach, but once I left it some food, it came up to me. Now, a bit more than a month later, it lives in my back patio area (I've got an outdoor covered room, with couches and such back by the pool...she sleeps on the couch). For the first month, I called the cat by the sounds she made - "meow meow". So I figured I had to come up with a name that incorporated the 'meow' part since she had become familiar with that.

I decided on 'Mickey Meow"...and have started working in the Mickey until she gets familiar with it. I figure Mickey could go as a male or female name, and at the time, i didn't know she was a she...so it was a safe neutral name too!

Love that story!!!

I have a Westie named Triton, because his white hair looks kind of like Triton's beard.. My wife, brother-in-law and I came up with the name, and our girls approved. He is just 15 weeks old now.

Aww. Any pictures?

I have a Jack Russell named Tinkerbell, and she is a bratty princess in every sense of the word. Her nickname is Tinky and she is sometimes called Stinkerbell.

Also have a lovebird named Tiki, which is after the Tiki room.

My mom has a long hair chiuaua(sorry I can't spell) named Simba cause he looks like a little lion.

Well, here's Mickey Meow...the stray kitty with the new home:

99997889.jpg

We currently have a 14 yr old cat named Nala. Two years ago, we lost our 11 year old black lab, great dane mix. He was named Meeko. After Meeko died, we got our German Sheppard mix. Our pirate obsession led us to name him Sparrow.

We adopted a cat last Oct, her name is Bambi Tinkerbell. DD couldn't decide on which name so we named her both..lol We also have a Chihuahua named Dolce, but we call him Dole or Dole Whip for short...lol

I have an 8 year old cat named Jack after Jack Skellington. He was my sister's cat first and she named him. She got him in the Fall so it was appropriate. Funnily enough, when she adopted him, his foster parents said he came in a litter of 7 and they were named after the 7 dwarfs. Jack's name used to be Doc!

I have 2 baby tortoises and they are called Tinkerbell and Tigerlily. :upsidedow Picked those names also because my name is Theresa and they are tortoises so kinda kept the T theme going!!! lol.
tortys008.jpg
Tigerlily is eating her greens in this pic and Tinkerbell is standing in front of the Cinderella tissue box!

We have 3 dogs that all have disney names. A black and tan miniature pinscher named Minnie. A red miniature pinscher named Koda. Then Nala is our lab mix. We also had a simba but he died as a puppy with parvo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter