Disney+ Price Increase?

scrappinginontario

My understanding is that Disney+ is in the process of going to tiered pricing meaning it will cost 1 amount to keep it as it currently is and a different price with ads.

As Canadians, many of us have renewal dates in mid-November as that is when Disney+ first came to Canada.

My understanding is that the tiered pricing will come into effect in November, possibly Nov 1 which is before many of our renewal dates. While I have already received an email from Disney+ stating my cc will automatically be charged on my renewal date and the amount that it will be charged (same amount as I paid in 2022), I don't believe this as everything I've read points to a price increase before that date.

This is what my renewal email said,

1697736021749.png

Has anyone received anything different? Heard anything different?

I tried calling twice to request to renew now but was told I cannot. My only option would be to cancel outright and re-subscribe. I was told it would not affect my current plan (users, passwords, lists, etc) but I can't see how that would be the case if I cancel my plan completely and resubscribe.

Thoughts? Considering cancelling my plan but, we do use it and enjoy it.

I am cancelling disney plus when my annual is up. We don't use it enough and I do not want to pay for ads. Time to go back to DVDs.

Last edited:

I just checked my Disney + account and I was only charged the $119.99 plus tax for a total of $135.59 so I just squeaked in at the lower price this year. My billing date is November 11th so maybe other people who have November renewals will get the lower price for this year as well.
My account shows next years price will be $149.99 plus tax so I will rethink before November of next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter