Disney Radko Ornaments

SalandJeff

Disney Addict x 3
Hi Everyone...this is my first time on this particular board...looks very interesting.

Does anyone know if they still sell the Christopher Radko - Disney glass ornaments in the Christmas store at DD?

I know in past years they always had a tree & big display. On our Sept 03 trip, I don't remember seeing the tree or very many ornaments. And I just decided in Dec that I need to start collecting these (I think I'm nuts...do not tell my DH!!!)

When I was there this past December, I bought a patriotic Mickey Radko ornament. That is the only one I saw. A few years ago, I got the Radko Cinderella Castle ornament. It is one of my favorites!

Hey Leslie....or should I say neighbor....I live in Milford and grew up in Orange!!!

My DH and I are faithful DIS nuts (me by choice, him by association), owners at BWV and have been going every year for the past 14.

Nice to meet a fellow Nutmegger!

:wave2:

Wow!! I feel a song coming on...

It's a Small World after all...

We've been in Orange for five years...mostly grew up in North Haven with some time spent in Hamden, Cinti., OH and Chicago, IL.

Maybe we'll bump into each other sometime! :D

Our tree is entirely Christopher Radko Disney. We have been collecting Disney Radko for over ten years. Unfortunately, Christopher Radko no longer has license to make Disney ornaments and that is why there are only a very selected few ornaments left at the Christmas Shop at Disney Downton. I was there in December and the few styles they have are the leftovers from last year. Once in a while they sometimes have a specially made one in the Disney Catalog but that is it.

I have been hoping to make our tree complete with a Radko Disney Tree Topper but to no avail. I had to surrender and purchase the resin Tinker Bell with opti-fiber optic wings as the tree topper and it looks nice but I would still prefer Radko but since the license thing has occurred I'll have to wait and hope that maybe future years Disney will get their class back and Christopher Radko.

Disney is trying to promote their glass ornaments to look like Christopher Radko's but anyone who knows Radko ornaments can see the difference. The quality and detail is not there and Disney tries to sell them at Radko prices.

I remember when Radko was big at Disney Christmas Shop like you said the tree was full of Radko and three walls of ornaments. So many people would walk by and say "Oh I would never pay that much for an ornament" but remember "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" and Disney Radkos were really reasonable (cheaper than Radkos regular ornaments at department stores!).
Radko is definately worth the cost for they last forever and don't break as easily as one would think.

Whew! Sorry to go on and on. Obviously I love my Disney Radko Ornaments. I wish you all the luck trying to make your Disney Radko tree. It will take a while to collect those treasures but every year as you find them your tree will be all the more special every year!

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Radko did make a few Disney tree tops in years past. You can find them on ebay. I'm pretty sure there were at least 2 Pooh tree tops and 2 Sorcerer Mickey ones, but I think there might have been a couple others too.

Thank you Hope, I'll have to check that out. I remember years back seeing the Mickey Sorcerer tree topper but at that time had a different tree which the height didn't allow. Now with a different tree I have the height but, of course, cannot find the tree toppers!

Thanks Again!

Thanks to everyone for the info...leave it to me to decide to collect after they stop the agreement with Radko!:rolleyes:

BellenBeast - your tree sounds beautiful - guess I'll have to start watching ebay. Do you remember what the price ranges were for the ornaments? I'd like to know whether the prices on ebay sound fair or not.

Thanks again.

Prices on Ebay range. My Dad has about 90% of all Disney Radko ever made, and the bulk of it came from ebay. Sometimes he'd pick up an ornament way below retail, sometimes around retail and sometimes over. He said one week the price for something would be exhorbant, the next someone would get it dirt cheap.

The key is to have patience, know the absolute limit you are willing to spend and stick to it. None of the pieces are so rare that they won't be reposted eventually, although you may have to wait a few months. And also try and research the orginal price so you know whether the bid price is good or bad. This link should help you with that.

http://www.radkolinks.org/disney.html

Hi,

E-mail me. I have some duplicates of Disney Radko ornaments that I've bought or been given thru the years and I'd be happy to sell them at cost, although shipping them could prove interesting! Let me know if you're interested.

AS far as tree toppers, we have 2. One is Santa Mickey and the other is Sorcerer Mickey.

Nothing compares to a real Radko!

Hope - thanks for the website link - it will be very helpful.

Chip and Dale - I sent you an email.

Thanks again!

Hi Everyone!

Hope your weblink was very useful. I am going to utilize this listing for marking all my ornaments down when taking off tree and as well as ones in storage. I couldn't believe how many ornaments there were. We mainly have majority of the ones from 1998 - 2002. The years prior I was amazed and I'm like Oh oh ! More to find! So I guess me and SalandJeff are going to possibly have competition on e-bay! (Only kidding SalandJeff!)

SalandJeff the prices listed on Hopes web link looked about right in what I paid for the later ones.

Chip and Dale, I'm going to try and reach you about the tree topper.

Thank you to all of you for being so helpful to me but for SalandJeff as well. SalandJeff you may want to check the shops the next time you go to Disney World. There's one in Pleasure Island called Suspended Animation that has some retired/disneyana radko and there's a Hallmark Store right next to Goodings Grocery store that carries tons of retired items and they would have the Radkos I'm sure or speak to the owner for he has connections to try as well. Quite honestly I forgot to check him for my tree topper! Best of luck to you and enjoy your collecting. Finding the ornaments in various means will make the tree all the more special for they will be treasures when you find them!

I'm going to jump on the end of this and ask if anyone has any extra Radko Dwarf ornaments? I got Snow White as a present years ago and wanted to collect the Dwarfs, but they were retired before I got the chance. If anyone knows where to get them I'd love to know!

Thanks!
Lisa

Hi,

I'm not sure, but I don't think the dwarfs were sold individually. Somewhere in the deep dark recesses of my mind I seem to remember them being sold in a boxed set at the Disney Gallery. Any Radko experts out there who can help out?

There is an error in my above post-- we have 3 tree toppers done by Radko:

Sorcerer Mickey
Santa Mickey
Pooh

I'm not aware of any others, but there may have been some. All information appreciated.

I am surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but there is a store in New Orleans Sq at DL that is Radko. It's a tiny shop (I was there the day it opened), but it was still there when i went to DL in May 2002. I am looking in my 2004 Birnbaum book for DL, and it's called L'ornement Magique. You might want to call DL Merchandise Guest Services and see if they can help get you something. Their number is (800) 760-3566.

i have a couple of Radko's myself (Disney ones, of course) and they are great! Good luck!

Doombuggy - thanks for the info. During our 2002 trip, the Christmas store at DD had all the Radko ornaments and Radko tree set up. But when we went in 2003, the tree was gone and there were only a few ornaments...so I think the license agreement must have ended sometime in 2003. I will email Disney Mercandising just to double check.

Thanks again.

Hi,

Last time I spoke to DL merchandise they said they would not ship Radkos due to significant breakage. That was last year. Perhaps the policy has changed. If so, please post.

I am trying to find a Christopher Radko Disney ornament – The QUEEN (Evil) 98-DIS-14
Can you help?
PM me if youhave one thanx

well, i was looking @ one of the old disney-store catalog.
2004. they made a cookie jar. when they did a clearance sell
my wife got a few for her family as christmas gifts.
it was mickey's gang driving an old car.

i always wonder about my wife's motives, :rolleyes1 ,
so i kept one hidden, :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter