Disney resort milestone events

Shawn d

Mouseketeer
First off, I'll address the obvious point that 2027/2028 are quite far off in the distance (believe me, i know). I am looking at making plans around 2027 & 2028 as the 45th anniversary of Epcot and 2028 as the 100th anniversary for Mickey Mouse unfolds. For all the people who have attended the big events - eg. WDW 50 or Disney 100, how far in advance does Disney roll the carpet out for big events. I dont want to be late to the party but also want to start making preliminary plans Any advice is appreciated

So for WDW 50 they did events for 18 months. Just depends on when you want to be in the thick of things

I’m think if I go, especially to wdw, I want to avoid the summer. But I’m curious if they will hype it as an 18 month event for Mickey. I don’t get the impression EPCOT will be anything beyond 1 year (Epcot 50 likely will be)

Nothing overly special happened during the 50th if I'm being honest! We were there during that time frame and other than special merchandise and snacks/ drinks there was so little hype it was a bit of a let down. On the actual day, the parks were busy (i think Magic Kingdom reached capacity) but that's it.
it was nothing compared to the 45th when they had year round celebrations, extra discounts for annual pass holders that even included counter service locations.
Just got back on November 27th and we didn't notice anything extra special or different from March. They had switched out the flags and signs that had big 50s on them for ones with 100, there were a few signs up throughout disney springs (only briefly popped into a couple of the parks so don't know about that)
20231127_131620.jpg

I wouldn't plan a special trip around those dates. As mentioned above, both the 45th and 50th went for 18 months but rumors I've read are saying that the 100 will only run for 100 days 🤷‍♂️ we're still seeing the effects of covid-19 on the level of activity and events (only just added the parking lot trams back to all the parks this past month) so who knows if there will be more hype over other milestone dates, but I'm not going to hold my breath!

Nothing overly special happened during the 50th if I'm being honest! We were there during that time frame and other than special merchandise and snacks/ drinks there was so little hype it was a bit of a let down. On the actual day, the parks were busy (i think Magic Kingdom reached capacity) but that's it.
it was nothing compared to the 45th when they had year round celebrations, extra discounts for annual pass holders that even included counter service locations.
Just got back on November 27th and we didn't notice anything extra special or different from March. They had switched out the flags and signs that had big 50s on them for ones with 100, there were a few signs up throughout disney springs (only briefly popped into a couple of the parks so don't know about that)
View attachment 816260

I wouldn't plan a special trip around those dates. As mentioned above, both the 45th and 50th went for 18 months but rumors I've read are saying that the 100 will only run for 100 days 🤷‍♂️ we're still seeing the effects of covid-19 on the level of activity and events (only just added the parking lot trams back to all the parks this past month) so who knows if there will be more hype over other milestone dates, but I'm not going to hold my breath!
I have to admit, I am really surprised. Here I thought Disney 100 was going to be as big, if not bigger than WDW 50. Epcot's own anniversary when I was there in late January/early February was subdued. Definitely sense the global recovery with Covid definitely played a part this year. I'll also be honest, the next time I go to Florida, Tron is not high on my list. I went on the ride when I lived and worked in Shanghai. Its definitely a fun ride but it won't be super high on my list like Guardians/Avatar/Star Wars was

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter