"Disney resort" really means "Disney" for the 60+ day ADR booking window?

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
We have a split stay, Four Seasons and Beach Club, and in the past I've been able to book 60+ however many days we're staying at Four Seasons because it's a "partner hotel," but for this trip it's only letting me book one day at a time. Just confirming that partner hotels are not included in the 60+10 (or however long you're staying) ADR window, or is there something wrong with my MDE account?

I was able to book my reservations at the 60 day mark when I was staying at the Swan which is a partner hotel a few weeks ago. However, MDE would sometimes be glitchy with this and not consistent so I had to refresh my account and then it would work when I was looking for different ADRs.

I am booked at the Swan from 7/11-7/14 and BCV from 7/14-7/20. I was only able to book for 7/11-7/14 this morning, even though on the calendar, all of my dates were highlighted in blue, but I couldn’t actually click on the 15-20 dates to check availability. Luckily for us, my in-laws are going and staying at BCV the entire 9 night stay, so we were able to go on and book everything for the whole trip, but I always thought if you had connected reservations, you could book everything.

Thank you, we also arrive on the 11th and I was only able to book for that day, but we're there for 10 days. Waiting for a call back from tech support, this is clearly a problem with my account!

I'll ask about the full stay/split stay because I also have been able to book for the full stay when I've had a split stay in the past - I'm surprised you couldn't book for the whole stay.

I am booked at the Swan from 7/11-7/14 and BCV from 7/14-7/20. I was only able to book for 7/11-7/14 this morning, even though on the calendar, all of my dates were highlighted in blue, but I couldn’t actually click on the 15-20 dates to check availability. Luckily for us, my in-laws are going and staying at BCV the entire 9 night stay, so we were able to go on and book everything for the whole trip, but I always thought if you had connected reservations, you could book everything.
You cannot book the entire trip if you have a split stay anymore. You used to be able to do that, but it changed. So your 60+10 window for the second half of your stay opens up 60 days from when you check into your second hotel.

Yup, just confirmed that with tech support. Oh well, sad about the change but happy there's not anything actually wrong with my MDE account.

Thank you, we also arrive on the 11th and I was only able to book for that day, but we're there for 10 days. Waiting for a call back from tech support, this is clearly a problem with my account!
Also try the website instead of the app. I was having all kinds of problems with the app this morning, finally logged onto the website and had more success, though some of my desired ADR times were no longer available.

You cannot book the entire trip if you have a split stay anymore. You used to be able to do that, but it changed. So your 60+10 window for the second half of your stay opens up 60 days from when you check into your second hotel.
Yep, just to confirm it is not a disney vs partner hotel thing, it is a split stay thing. We had a split stay at two disney properties and could not book past the end of the first hotel stay.

With how tight dining reservations at 60 days, it really threw a wrench in our plans, so I feel you. So disappointing and really makes no sense.

So disappointing and really makes no sense.
I have no idea if this is why they ended it, or how widespread the problem really was, but I have heard reports about how people used to book split stays for the sole purpose of opening up their ADR window early, then cancel the first half of the split stay after they had their ADRs locked in.

In other words, if I was going from June 5-10, I could book a split stay for June 1-5/June 5-10. I could then make all my reservations 180 days (now 60 days) from June 1, rather than from June 5. That extra 5 day jump on ADRs is huge. Once everything was booked, I could just cancel the June 1-5 reservation, and I was all set.

I have no idea if this is why they ended it, or how widespread the problem really was, but I have heard reports about how people used to book split stays for the sole purpose of opening up their ADR window early, then cancel the first half of the split stay after they had their ADRs locked in.

In other words, if I was going from June 5-10, I could book a split stay for June 1-5/June 5-10. I could then make all my reservations 180 days (now 60 days) from June 1, rather than from June 5. That extra 5 day jump on ADRs is huge. Once everything was booked, I could just cancel the June 1-5 reservation, and I was all set.
I mean, you could still do this, you'd just have to book a redundant stay. So book June 1-10, and book June 5-10 and then cancel the June 1-10 one. The deposit on the package is the same so it is no extra cost to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter