Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Oh the possibilities of a Media Facade! Unfortunate I don't think Disney will be paying for that option.

Oh the possibilities of a Media Facade! Unfortunate I don't think Disney will be paying for that option.
I could see them doing that. Imagine a night time show on one. Or a random character springing up and passing across the facade.
It would break the theme of the areas where the stations are located. The concept art shows custom themed station designs.
How about if what they put on the media facade was themed to the area? Some kind of Caribbean scene for CBR station? Hollywood for DHS?

How about if what they put on the media facade was themed to the area? Some kind of Caribbean scene for CBR station? Hollywood for DHS?
Maybe at DHS, since it's Hollywood-themed. IG has kind of a laid-back atmosphere (but that might change with the increased traffic.)

IMO it would be intrusive at the resort stations. Its bad enough having the huge pylon bases and the gondolas going over the rooms; a giant bright video screen would feel like Vegas.

THis looks like the ones coming to WDW. Interesting video.

I love the dramatic music - just waiting for voice over guy to say:

"In a world ... where monorails are falling apart, one new form of transportation is willing to take on the expanded crowds that will come with the opening of Galaxy's Edge ... but is it up to the challenge? Find out, when the Disney Skyliner takes flight - only at Walt Disney World"

Maybe at DHS, since it's Hollywood-themed. IG has kind of a laid-back atmosphere (but that might change with the increased traffic.)

IMO it would be intrusive at the resort stations. Its bad enough having the huge pylon bases and the gondolas going over the rooms; a giant bright video screen would feel like Vegas.

I could see it working at the AoA/Pop station

"In a world ... where monorails are falling apart, one new form of transportation is willing to take on the expanded crowds that will come with the opening of Galaxy's Edge ... but is it up to the challenge? Find out, when the Disney Skyliner takes flight - only at Walt Disney World"

:tongue:

"Marvel Presents....Avengers: International Gateway"

"Cap, How are we going to get all these guests out of here after Illuminations ends?"
"Bucky, we HAVE to find a way!"
"Quick - to the Skyliner!"

THis looks like the ones coming to WDW. Interesting video.

949e0704-9337-4c6a-94d1-0a1a7d56b02a-jpeg.328512

The first outer housing looks almost identical to what's gone in at DHS...

That was my first thought. We've seen disney use monorails for advertising movies. What they could do for a media facade would be interesting but you'd have to be careful at the resorts that it isn't distracting to the guests. At the DHS and Epcot stations I think they could do a lot if they wanted to.

That was my first thought. We've seen disney use monorails for advertising movies. What they could do for a media facade would be interesting but you'd have to be careful at the resorts that it isn't distracting to the guests. At the DHS and Epcot stations I think they could do a lot if they wanted to.

DHS could be really fun if they make it almost like Time Square or like the premiere of an old Hollywood movie with neon signs and spotlights and stuff and really play-up that "old hollywood" vibe

Sounds like good synergy to me!

Except they can't use most Marvel at WDW, so would have to be

"Superheros presents: Team-up: International Gateway"

"Dr Strange, How are we going to get all these guests out of here after Illuminations ends?"
"Star Lord, we HAVE to find a way!"

"Marvel Presents....Avengers: International Gateway"

"Cap, How are we going to get all these guests out of here after Illuminations ends?"
"Bucky, we HAVE to find a way!"

LOve it... except for the issue that they can't use Cap and Bucky at the parks. :-( I'm not sure if IG would count or not. Might be iffy.

LOve it... except for the issue that they can't use Cap and Bucky at the parks. :-( I'm not sure if IG would count or not. Might be iffy.

I would think the entire Skyliner would be the same as a bus, never go inside parks. Or the MK monorail which has been Avengers, although not actual characters.

Last edited:
I would think the entire Skyliner would be the same as a bus, never go inside parks. Or the MK monorail which has been Avengers, although not actual characters.

I was thinking back to one of the iron man movies that they did advertise on a monorail but they had to keep it on the resort monorails only so IG since it is outside the park might be ok.

That is a good point - and I believe in one of the concept art pictures it had the Captain America Shield logo on one of the cars (like others had Mickey, etc.)

I still think they wouldn't be able to use the term "Marvel" as I don't think they can even do that at Disneyland (thus, the Summer of Heroes, not Marvel Summer) but could probably have the character images or something

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter