Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I so hope you're right! We're booked at CBR 4/29-5/8/19 and it would be amazing if the skyliner was up and running by then. I'm not expecting it at all, but will be thrilled if we get lucky that way!

It's very likely using the skyliner (and depending on time of day etc), you will be at either IG or DHS entrance before a bus would even hit your CBR bus stop.

Trick will be how fast you can get to the CBR Skyliner.

If that's an internal bus anyway-well not so great. You could hop on any bus I presume (even MK) to get to the skyliner.

My suggestion is you request "Near the Skyliner" for a room.

Rivera is more compact, less spread out so not as important.

I bet they will be open by then, once the tower and stations are up in doesn't take too long after that.
It really just comes down to when they can get the cable workers. And if they have to wait until the ski resorts don't have them booked, they may not be putting on the cables until November or December. But once the cable is up, they should be open fairly quickly.

It really just comes down to when they can get the cable workers. And if they have to wait until the ski resorts don't have them booked, they may not be putting on the cables until November or December. But once the cable is up, they should be open fairly quickly.

I doubt there will be much of a gap in construction and the cable crews are scheduled to show up once everything would otherwise be ready for them. Costs a lot for equipment/people to sit around idle and a lot to move them out just to move it back in. I bet they are on track to get to the cables after they would be done in ski resorts, sometime after Labor Day.

Last edited:
It looks like half walls of jalousie windows...the old Florida air conditioning :love: That’s much better than the previously mentioned vents near the roof. There should definitely be a breeze blowing through as long as it stays in motion.

I am just laughing at the fact that there was paper covering it probably to keep people from seeing it but the paper was too lightweight (I work in the paper industry) to make it through the transit. Can't believe they didn't cover it better or even stick in a soft side or something. Wouldn't want to have been following that truck with the paper flying off.

Wow they are shiny.

hypnotic-eyes_disney-jungle-book_2079.jpg

You will ride the sardine cans in the sky .....

They are plus enough for you to pay the new hotel rates .....

I’m planning to go in January and May 2019. Not too interested in the January trip, but really hope the skyliner will be up and running before May! We’re planning on being there May 5-11.

I’m planning to go in January and May 2019. Not too interested in the January trip, but really hope the skyliner will be up and running before May! We’re planning on being there May 5-11.

I think you have a better than 50/50 chance at that one. I think they'll try and get it on-line well before SWGE opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter