Disney Vacation Account.. Success!!

MrBean

Runnin' Dopey
This is great news!!

I just successfully used the Disney Vacation Account to pay for my Annual Dues!

No more faxing in a thousand gift cards!! Hope this information helps others out (plus the 2% bonus doesn't hurt).

:thumbsup2

We paid our annual dues from DVA prior our new year trip . It is a great thing that they have accepted it because it is used as Disney gift cards . Just came back from magical trip as always . Have a nice day.

We paid our annual dues from DVA prior our new year trip . It is a great thing that they have accepted it because it is used as Disney gift cards . Just came back from magical trip as always . Have a nice day.

It's great to have confirmation that this works!

Every topic I've searched for here said that it wasn't possible, but those were all from last year.

It's great that it worked out for you too :thumbsup2

It's great to have confirmation that this works!

Every topic I've searched for here said that it wasn't possible, but those were all from last year.

It's great that it worked out for you too :thumbsup2

According to the DVA FAQ, it's still not supposed to be possible to use the DVA for dues:
Can I apply my Disney Vacation Account toward a Disney Vacation Club Membership?
No, Disney Vacation Club Real Estate interests cannot be purchased with the Disney Vacation Account.

Can I apply my Disney Vacation Account toward the Annual Dues for my Disney Vacation Club Membership?
No, your Annual Dues cannot be paid using your Disney Vacation Account.
https://disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com/questions/#usingMyAccount

Just called and was told No. They did seem like they didn't know what I was even talking about so maybe I will try again.

Just called and was told No. They did seem like they didn't know what I was even talking about so maybe I will try again.

The woman I spoke to didn't know what the Disney Vacation Account was either. I just told her it worked just like a gift card and she said "Let's give it a try." She typed it in the system and it took it. Shows up under transactions on the DVC website, and was deducted from the DVA.

Just tell them your using a gift card so they don't get confused :thumbsup2

According to the DVA FAQ, it's still not supposed to be possible to use the DVA for dues:

https://disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com/questions/#usingMyAccount

It's true the FAQ says that, but it also used to exclude vacations booked with travel agents and still doesn't say you can use it for DCL shipboard credit, which you most definitely can.

I'm guessing because of how quickly the DVA is evolving, the FAQ just hasn't been kept up to date.

As per usual, the DIS knows more then Disney's cast members :thumbsup2

I believe they are not allowing it, in writing (legally) because of the logistics of tracking in case of errors. If Disney, legally, can stand behind the disclaimer, it's for a reason.

The woman I spoke to didn't know what the Disney Vacation Account was either. I just told her it worked just like a gift card and she said "Let's give it a try." She typed it in the system and it took it. Shows up under transactions on the DVC website, and was deducted from the DVA.

That is awesome news! Thanks for posting this.

I'd love to give this a try but I have one question. The DVA account has 16 digits. A Disney GC has 16 digits plus an 8-digit security code. Didn't the CM ask for the security code? Or was the 16-digit account number sufficient?

I'd love to give this a try but I have one question. The DVA account has 16 digits. A Disney GC has 16 digits plus an 8-digit security code. Didn't the CM ask for the security code? Or was the 16-digit account number sufficient?

They only need the 16 digits. I called and paid on my smaller contract this morning, right after reading this! No problems at all. Told Member Accounting I'm using a GC. They asked me how much I have on the GC, I said enough to cover the dues. They even gave me the balance on the DVA afterwards.

I also asked if it was possible to pay part of the dues and was told no. So I'll have to enter the rest of the $50 cards into my DVA to pay off my bigger contract. Sure beats reading numbers over the phone or faxing it in.

They only need the 16 digits. I called and paid on my smaller contract this morning, right after reading this! No problems at all. Told Member Accounting I'm using a GC. They asked me how much I have on the GC, I said enough to cover the dues. They even gave me the balance on the DVA afterwards.

I also asked if it was possible to pay part of the dues and was told no. So I'll have to enter the rest of the $50 cards into my DVA to pay off my bigger contract. Sure beats reading numbers over the phone or faxing it in.
Thanks! I've just added enough to cover my smallest contract and I'm going to call MS now. This will be so much easier than reading off multiple $50 GCs to the CM!

Thank You!

I saw this on the Disney Vacation Account site:

"You'll be eligible for a $20 Disney Gift Card for every $1000 you spend on qualified vacation purchases with your Disney Vacation Account prior to December 31, 2017 (date subject to extension), up to a total $500 in Disney Gift Card(s) per household. Your Disney Vacation Account must be active for a minimum of 120 days at the time of spending in order to receive this bonus. Request your Disney Gift Card(s) 4-6 weeks in advance of your vacation date to allow time for delivery to your mailing address. See FAQs for complete details."

So basically if I opened an account today, I wouldn't be eligible for the $20 gift cards because I will have to pay my dues now? It still might be worth it though if I could type in my own gift cards instead of faxing in a copy. Plus, it would save Member Accounting time.

I saw this on the Disney Vacation Account site:

"You'll be eligible for a $20 Disney Gift Card for every $1000 you spend on qualified vacation purchases with your Disney Vacation Account prior to December 31, 2017 (date subject to extension), up to a total $500 in Disney Gift Card(s) per household. Your Disney Vacation Account must be active for a minimum of 120 days at the time of spending in order to receive this bonus. Request your Disney Gift Card(s) 4-6 weeks in advance of your vacation date to allow time for delivery to your mailing address. See FAQs for complete details."

So basically if I opened an account today, I wouldn't be eligible for the $20 gift cards because I will have to pay my dues now? It still might be worth it though if I could type in my own gift cards instead of faxing in a copy. Plus, it would save Member Accounting time.
As long as you keep the account open for at least 6 months, you are eligible for the bonus. You are allowed to use the $$ in your account during that time - just leave a few dollars in it.

So you call and tell them you want to pay with your DVA account? Or can you do it all online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter