• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Very Merry Christmas Party

ida107

Earning My Ears
Could you guys give me your opinion on attending the Very Merry Christmas Party? I know you have to pay for a separate ticket. We are going to be in Disney over Thanksgiving and wondered if it was worth speeding the extra money. Any and all advice is appreciated!!!

THANKS!!

Totally worth it. Here are the dates.
NOVEMBER 2014
Friday 7th November 2014
Monday 10th November 2014
Thursday 13th November 2014
Friday 14th November 2014
Sunday 16th November 2014
Thursday 20th November 2014
Friday 21st November 2014
Sunday 30th November 2014

DECEMBER 2014
Tuesday 2nd December 2014
Thursday 4th December 2014
Friday 5th December 2014
Sunday 7th December 2014
Tuesday 9th December 2014
Thursday 11th December 2014
Friday 12th December 2014
Sunday 14th December 2014
Tuesday 16th December 2014
Thursday 18th December 2014
Friday 19th December 2014

Tickets go on sale 5th May 2014

We're also planning our December trip. I was reading a blog on the Very Merry Christmas party last night and although the blogger said it was def worth it, they also mentioned that Disney opens it up to the public after a certain date, but obviously the crowds would be substantially larger. They did also mention that crowd levels for the paid parties were getting quite large and in some cases you could be dealing with the same crowd levels.

So here are my questions for any one with experience:

1. Does Disney still open this party up to the public? If so, does anyone know what dates these would be in 2014?
2. If I buy tickets in advance, do I have to buy for a specific day? If so, are there tips/tricks for picking a day with lighter crowd levels?

Thanks so much!

We're also planning our December trip. I was reading a blog on the Very Merry Christmas party last night and although the blogger said it was def worth it, they also mentioned that Disney opens it up to the public after a certain date, but obviously the crowds would be substantially larger. They did also mention that crowd levels for the paid parties were getting quite large and in some cases you could be dealing with the same crowd levels.

So here are my questions for any one with experience:

1. Does Disney still open this party up to the public? If so, does anyone know what dates these would be in 2014?
2. If I buy tickets in advance, do I have to buy for a specific day? If so, are there tips/tricks for picking a day with lighter crowd levels?

Thanks so much!

1. Yes they do. In fact tickets were made available today
2. yes you have to pick which day to go. I believe on these days everyone without a ticket is made to leave the park at a certain time. I can't speak to crowd levels personally but i read an article that said most tuesdays have the lowest of them.

1. I think you're a little confused about what the blog said with regard to Disney opening it up to the public. What the blog is referring to is the fact that after the last Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, the Christmas parade and Holiday Wishes take place during regular park hours, whereas during the dates the party is running, only people with tickets to the parties are going to see them.

The dates for the parties are in the post just before yours.

2. It's generally recommended to avoid parties on Friday nights because those attract more locals. Other than that, I don't think there's really any rhyme or reason to what dates might have lower attendance.

I got tickets for our last night, November 7th. I'm so excited, we have never been. I noticed Magic Kingdom closes at 7 on that day, but was told that with the MVMCP ticket we can enter the park anytime after 4pm. How do they know who has paid for the party and who has not? I have base tickets and we planned to go to Epcot earlier that day, so if we got to the Magic Kingdom at 5 or 6 we could go in with the ticket, would we have to exit and go back in at 7. If so, then I would probably just arrive at 7 for the party that night.

Thanks for any advice!

I got tickets for our last night, November 7th. I'm so excited, we have never been. I noticed Magic Kingdom closes at 7 on that day, but was told that with the MVMCP ticket we can enter the park anytime after 4pm. How do they know who has paid for the party and who has not? I have base tickets and we planned to go to Epcot earlier that day, so if we got to the Magic Kingdom at 5 or 6 we could go in with the ticket, would we have to exit and go back in at 7. If so, then I would probably just arrive at 7 for the party that night.

Thanks for any advice!
They start "herding" those without bracelets (we got them for the MNSSHP) to the front before 7pm. All rides prevent anyone without a bracelet from entering or purchasing any food, drink or souvenirs at 7pm.

They start "herding" those without bracelets (we got them for the MNSSHP) to the front before 7pm. All rides prevent anyone without a bracelet from entering or purchasing any food, drink or souvenirs at 7pm.

Great! We will get there around 4. I would love to get a BOG reservation, but haven't had any luck. We have an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern around 5, but a lot of mixed reviews there, so not sure what to do!

OP, you said you are going over Thanksgiving but there are no parties the week of Thanksgiving. There is a party November 21, and the next one is November 30. The parks will be so crowded during the holiday that they do not close MK at 7 during that week.

Great! We will get there around 4. I would love to get a BOG reservation, but haven't had any luck. We have an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern around 5, but a lot of mixed reviews there, so not sure what to do!

I personally would not do a TS much later than 4:30. If you are not seated on time there is a chance you would be in a restaurant when the party starts. You are paying a premium for the party time and atmosphere, you really shouldn't miss any of it. :)

Also, if you are interested in the rare character meets like the Seven Dwarfs, the lines start forming around 5:30.

We usually do a TS lunch, go to MK at 4, and have a CS meal sometime before 7.

Main Street and the Hub are very crowded during the parties, I try to avoid those areas during Holiday Wishes and the parades. There is great parade viewing in Frontierland. Don't miss the parade, the toy soldiers are my favorite part!

OP, you said you are going over Thanksgiving but there are no parties the week of Thanksgiving. There is a party November 21, and the next one is November 30. The parks will be so crowded during the holiday that they do not close MK at 7 during that week.

I personally would not do a TS much later than 4:30. If you are not seated on time there is a chance you would be in a restaurant when the party starts. You are paying a premium for the party time and atmosphere, you really shouldn't miss any of it. :)

Also, if you are interested in the rare character meets like the Seven Dwarfs, the lines start forming around 5:30.

We usually do a TS lunch, go to MK at 4, and have a CS meal sometime before 7.

Main Street and the Hub are very crowded during the parties, I try to avoid those areas during Holiday Wishes and the parades. There is great parade viewing in Frontierland. Don't miss the parade, the toy soldiers are my favorite part!

Thanks!!!! Would love to meet the Dwarfs, but can't imagine standing in line for 90 minutes for it, but you never know! Do you have any recommendations for a TS lunch at Epcot? We will be there earlier in the day before going to MK at 4 for MVMCP.

Thanks!!!! Would love to meet the Dwarfs, but can't imagine standing in line for 90 minutes for it, but you never know! Do you have any recommendations for a TS lunch at Epcot? We will be there earlier in the day before going to MK at 4 for MVMCP.

Oh my, so many!

My favorites are Via Napoli, Biergarten and Le Cellier.

Maybe we will go somewhere in Downtown Disney for lunch, it will be our 2nd day at Epcot, so we can leave there at lunch time and go Downtown for a late lunch around 2 and then go to MK from there for MVMCP - is that too much running around before or is it do-able??

We have never been to WDW at any time other than Summer, so I want to clarify something about MVMCP. Am I right that the ticket for it is separate and has no connection to our magic bands for our room and park tickets? We check in at WDW on Nov 11 and checkout Nov 18 with 7 day tickets (no park Hopper), and I want to make the best use of them all. Nov 13th is an EMH at MK, so I'm thinking that we might buy MVMCP tickets for that day. Your ideas would be appreciated.

We have never been to WDW at any time other than Summer, so I want to clarify something about MVMCP. Am I right that the ticket for it is separate and has no connection to our magic bands for our room and park tickets? We check in at WDW on Nov 11 and checkout Nov 18 with 7 day tickets (no park Hopper), and I want to make the best use of them all. Nov 13th is an EMH at MK, so I'm thinking that we might buy MVMCP tickets for that day. Your ideas would be appreciated.

The Christmas (and Halloween) tickets are seperate from, and are a seperate purchase, from park tickets.

You can eneter the park with just a party ticket as early as 4 pm. Earlier than that you would have to use a day from your park tickets.

I would carefully consider AM EMH and the party on the same day unless you are planning a long break in the middle of the day. That would be a very long day. :)

I didn't even know about this party, sounds great. We have BOG at 4 pm and The Fireworks Dessert Party on November 12th. I'm glad I saw this thread ... I wouldn't want to be forced to leave if we were there on the date of a Xmas party. Perhaps another night we could do this on our trip. What's the advantage of going to the Xmas party over a regular night? Are the decorations still up on the off nights?

If we decide not to go to the Very Merry Xmas Party, does Magic Kingdom still offer the fireworks show to non-party guests? And what about the Christmas lights on the castle. Is this only done as part of the party experience?

Although I've heard great things, the thought of dishing out almost $200 more to attend this party is hard to swallow.

If we decide not to go to the Very Merry Xmas Party, does Magic Kingdom still offer the fireworks show to non-party guests? And what about the Christmas lights on the castle. Is this only done as part of the party experience?

Although I've heard great things, the thought of dishing out almost $200 more to attend this party is hard to swallow.

The parade and fireworks during the parties are for party guests only. Those without party wristbands must leave the park at 7pm.

The castle Dream Lights come on every night around dusk, so anyone can see them - it is really beautiful.

I didn't even know about this party, sounds great. We have BOG at 4 pm and The Fireworks Dessert Party on November 12th. I'm glad I saw this thread ... I wouldn't want to be forced to leave if we were there on the date of a Xmas party. Perhaps another night we could do this on our trip. What's the advantage of going to the Xmas party over a regular night? Are the decorations still up on the off nights?

Yes the decorations remain up on off nights.

At the party there is a special parade and fireworks, dance parties, cookies and cocoa, snow on Main Street, special character greets (all 7 Dwarfs, Flynn Rider, Prince Charming, Prince Philip, Snow Prince).

If you like Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, there is a special spell card on party nights as well.

So does that mean if we plan to visit Magic Kingdom on one of the Very Merry Xmas Party days but don't attend party that they don't have a fireworks/light show for the other guests? I just assumed that they had the standard fireworks/ligh show that was available for the everyday guests and then another fireworks show available as part of the party.

The one I'm specifically interested in seeing is the one where Tinkerbell flies down from the top of castle while they play "when you wish upon a star". Seriously cried the first time I saw that, and I know my daughter would be amazed if she saw that as well. Not gonna lie, I would probably dish out the $200 just for her to experience that if it's only going to be available during the Very Merry Xmas Party. We arrive on Dec 9th and my plan was to take her to Magic Kingdom that night, however this is the night of one of the Xmas parties, so now I'm not sure if that show will be available for the non party guests.

Sorry for the long winded message. This is the one thing I'm looking most forward to sharing with my daughter and just want to make sure we don't miss it.

Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter