Disney Visa?

goodmorningirl

DIS Veteran
Ok so I am considering getting a credit card for all my neccessary purchases like gas. I want to get a card with rewards that I would use and Disney Rewards Visa seems like the right way to go. Does anyone have Chase's Disney Visa? How do you like it? Do the points add up? Any info would be extremely helpful.

You get 1 percent back so the points add up slowly. Occasionally they will have a deal where if you spend a certain amount in specific categories they will tripple your disney dollars for any amount more that you spend in that category for the month. For example I got an offer that if I spent $250 dollars on groceries or gas they would tripple any points I spent above that. It is a decent card to have and I love the Disney design. You might be better off getting a Chase regular Visa that pays 3 percent back. In the end I like having the Disney design and the occasional perks, so I have stuck with the Disney Visa.

Yep, it's nice because I can charge my gas and groceries then go home and pay it online with my checking account. points add up quicker than you think that way. I've had it for just over a year and just transferred my rewards to a rewards card for our trip next month.

I have one and love it too. On my last trip I had $79 in reward dollars to use - very exciting, it's like "free" money. Just recently I got an offer as described above - I get 5x the rewards dollars on anything over $250 spent on gas, groceries, and dining for the next 3 months. I'm hoping this will add up for my Oct trip!

(with gas being priced so high just putting that on the card will add up fast!)

D4D

I love my Chase Disney VISA as well. You can find better Rewards Back program with other cards (like up to 3% cash) but I just really like to have that little perk of some free Disney money when I go! We built a house & charged EVERYTHING we could - had 950 rewards points accumulated - paid for 3 nights at AKL!!! Woo-hoo! For every $100 you charge on the card you get 1 point - every time I charge I'm adding up the points in my head!

I have been a Disney Visa user since "day 1." I use another card that gives 2% cash back for my groceries, gas, and drug store purchases and use Disney Visa for everything else. Last year we had $233 in reward dollars to use at WDW and so far we have $214 for our December trip! :cool1:

My wife and I have had the Disney VISA card for a number of years. I have finally transfered the points to a rewards card for our upcoming trip to Disney, 800+ points! Can't wait to start using it.

Peter

You also get free shipping when you use the card at disneyshopping.com if you spend $75 which is easy. Sometimes you get 15% coupon for presenting the card too.

The best part is that you can get a Rewards card in the park and use it to buy your souvenirs and anything in the park. We use it as a savings acct. during the year, and then spend it at the park. Yippee!

We are using our Chase Disney Visa card to accumulate points for our trip next year. I'm trying to find out how to use the Rewards Card once the points are transfered. Do you use it like a regular credit card? Example - do we present it at the resort upon check-in for purchases to be put against the rewards card, or do we use our regular credit card and then pay the balance when we check-out, with the Rewards Card? Hope that isn't too confusing. I've been making calls trying to find out but everyone just keeps quoting the "guidelines" which aren't very clear. Thanks for any assistance.

You use it just like a credit card. Just don't forget to call or go online & transfer the reward points to a Rewards Card. They mail you a plastic Rewards Card which looks just like a credit card, and it is swiped anywhere (almost) in WDW or at the Disney Resorts. You can even call ahead & pay for your room with the numbers on the card.

If you're going to use it to pay against your room or purchases made & charged to your room, I'd have them swipe the Disney Rewards card 1st, use up those points, then pay the balance on another CC (or by check, however you plan to do it. ), at check-out. We did this at AKL in '06 - you have to give them a regular CC to have on file as well as the Rewards Card, but everything was "paid for" at the end at check-out, not every day as we charged to the room. I don't know if that makes sense to you, or if that's even what you're asking. Hopefully it helps!

Thanks so much. That makes perfect sense! I tried getting the info. from Chase, Disney Customer Service, and I called the resort directly and everyone just kept quoting the "guidelines" which are not really clear. I appreciate the help.

Thought of another question last night - once you get the rewards card how long is it until it expires? Six months, a year, two years?

Expires the end of the year after the year you got the card. If you got a card today, it would expire 12/2009.

Expires the end of the year after the year you got the card. If you got a card today, it would expire 12/2009.

Yes but your rewards dollars themselves do not expire for 4 or 5 years (I forgot which). Your monthly statement will tell you when they expire.
If you have transferred dollars to your rewards card and are worried about the card expiring before you can use them (not likely-lol) you can always use it to buy Disney gc's which do not expire.
I don't transfer the rewards $'s to my rewards card until right before my trip. For my 2009 trip I'll just request a new rewards card since mine expires 12/2008.

Just to clarify: rewards not transferred to a card expire in 5 years, rewards transferred to a card expire with the card.

To order the rewards card I believe there is a $10 minimum of points to transfer. If you aren't sure if you will "use up"all the points transferred to the rewards card before the expiration date - then leave the bulk of them on the visa account. But, don't forget to order the rewards card well in advance of your trip - the first time I didn't know I had to "order" a rewards card to transer the reward points to and missed getting to use it on our trip as it took 2-3 weeks. You can always transfer points to the card via phone or internet and that happens within minutes - but the actual card itself (not the visa) takes some time to get. Also, if you have 2 disney visa rewards cards - I had to order 2 rewards cards to transfer to - I wasn't able to have the points from both cards go to the single rewards card. HTH

Lisa

If you forget to order your Disney Rewards card before the trip you can also pick up the Rewards Card at Guest Services in Downtown Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter