Disney Visa?

I remember getting an email stating that I would get triple point value for using my Disney Visa for groceries, gas, etc. Anyone know when that expires? I'm going to Disney the end of this month. I can't wait to use all of that Disney moooooolah!

Thanks everyone - this a such a great source for information. We're just going keep accumulating the points and then request our card about a month out.

We've had our card for about 3 years now. Charge everday purchases and as many of the household bills as possible (phone, cable etc). Last trip we took was December 2007 and we had $300 to spend for food and other souvenirs. Look at it as free $ as long as you pay the total amount off each month!

I get 5x the rewards dollars on anything over $250 spent on gas, groceries, and dining for the next 3 months. I'm hoping this will add up for my Oct trip!

(with gas being priced so high just putting that on the card will add up fast!)

D4D

I dont think u will get the bonus rewards before your October trip. I spoke to a rep at Chase and what happens is, after the promotion period, September 30th, then they will determine how much you have earned and you will get it 6-8 weeks after. I am hoping to get mine before my December trip

I dont think u will get the bonus rewards before your October trip. I spoke to a rep at Chase and what happens is, after the promotion period, September 30th, then they will determine how much you have earned and you will get it 6-8 weeks after. I am hoping to get mine before my December trip

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THAT!!!!!

I was sitting her for awhile now saying, I'm not getting triple points, even though I signed up for it! I didn't really think anything about it because as long as I'm getting my 1%, I'm fine, anything extra is just icing. However, it makes much more sense to me now.

I use my Disney visa like a debit card. I charge everything that can be charged. The only bill I can't charge is stupid Progress Energy. I used my points a few months ago to pay for my annual pass for the year. It's really nice not having to worry about my ticket every year.

Not only am I getting 5x times the rewards for Restaurants, Gas, Groceries, and Air Fare right now, I also just got 15% off at the Disney Store purchase online (or in store). The gas at 5x really helps....just imagine the number of Disney Dollars earned for our trip in December/January!

I was just curious but how difficult is it to qualify for the Disney card? Do you have to have really good credit or could a student qualify for it as well?

In the info you get, Disney vacation, cruises, etc. are interest free for 6 months. It is also on the Disney web siter anlong with additional info. Along with the common, gas, groceris, etc. we use ours to pay insurance, doctor bills, some college tution, books, cable, utilities, etc as long as there is no fee from the company. I also use mine for work.

Geeez, after readin' this thread, I'm gonna use mine for everythin'
I can, dang, y'all should make a commercial for Chase. :rotfl:

I got the Disney Visa in 2003, just before DD was born. We used it for everything (and paid it off each month) so that we'd have a bunch of rewards when we took DD for her first WDW trip in 2005. Surprise! Second DD came along in 2005 so we postponed the trip. By the time we went in January of this year, we had over $1200 in rewards!:cool1: We used it for 2 nights at POP before our DVC stay, 5 nights of the dining plan, tips, souvenirs, the BBB and DD4's park ticket. I still had $57 left over! Now, I'm going again in 3 weeks with just the DD's and I've accumulated another $400 in rewards! :banana:

It's great to have that "free" money that can ONLY be used for Disney stuff. It helps me justify stuff like BBB, Wonderland Tea Party and MNSSHP. Those extra "extravagances" that we'd never considered before are now like icing on the cake.

Now that we are DVC owners, I think our rewards are going to be used to pay our annual dues. Kind of a bummer, but it helped me to convince DH that we could afford a 100 point contract.

Just got a card in the mail for 5x rewards on gas station purchases for Oct, Nov & Dec. Not much but better than the nothing I had been getting. Now let's just hope that the station I use qualifies.

I too got the 5x reward promotion in the mail today........I went back and looked at my statements because it states that the way the merchant classifies the purchase determines whether or not it is in one of those categories. Do "vehicle expenses" count as gas? If so, I'm going to have DH use the card to make a fuel purchase for his trucking company, and that will pretty much max out the amount you can get with the promotion :cool1: .

I posted this on another topic in this forum, but thought I'd ask here too.

I have had my Disney Visa for many years now, but have never gotten any of these offers that everyone keeps talking about.

Do you think that this has anything to do with getting e-statements instead of paper statements sent to my house???

I posted this on another topic in this forum, but thought I'd ask here too.

I have had my Disney Visa for many years now, but have never gotten any of these offers that everyone keeps talking about.

Do you think that this has anything to do with getting e-statements instead of paper statements sent to my house???

Don't know if this helps, but my offer didn't come with my paper statement, so I wouldn't think so. I just recently got my first offer, and I've had my card for a couple of years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter