"Disney, what has to happen for you to decide that MDE does not work?"

Not being contrarian but until you said there was an outage yesterday and one in July or I read it on the DIS I had no idea there was an issue. Because of the timing of our trips and the dates I do ADR's and FP+'s I have not been on the system for several weeks. So while every single user was impacted I did not know I was impacted till you told me.

Not being contrarian but until you said there was an outage yesterday and one in July or I read it on the DIS I had no idea there was an issue. Because of the timing of our trips and the dates I do ADR's and FP+'s I have not been on the system for several weeks. So while every single user was impacted I did not know I was impacted till you told me.
Let me rephrase.
Every single guest on property at the time.

Okay, let's say we can't book fast passes because we've missed out on our 60th day window. Can they get us those fast passes that we really need for rides like Slinky Dog and Avatar flights of passage? That's what I want to know.

Okay, let's say we can't book fast passes because we've missed out on our 60th day window. Can they get us those fast passes that we really need for rides like Slinky Dog and Avatar flights of passage? That's what I want to know.
Nope

Jesus wouldn’t even be able to get a FP for FOP. Good luck to you.

Well this is what just happened to me and the answer was no. So unfair that people who arrive after me snapped them all up.

Funny, I’ve been hanging out on the Royal Carribean Blog and Cruise Critic in anticipation of a cruise next month. RCCL just rolled out a new website and, you guessed it, its a MESS!!! Maybe they used the same web designer

One piece of advice I was given (too late for my original account)
Don't deactivate older MB, mark them as lost.
Supposedly (I say that because who truly knows with MDE) this moves the entry out of your account where just deactivating them doesn't.
Thank you! I was just looking at that!

This is also affecting us here already in the parks. MDE has lost FPs for us this week, the constant refreshing to see existing FPs, our photos not showing up for days. Today has been the worst as only 3 out of our party of 7 had park tickets according to MDE and only 3 of us could make FPs. The rest had none for the entire morning. It really is unacceptable. 2 hours on my phone waiting for customer service and they could “see” our tickets, but would not help us with FPs.

I'm starting to see some progress in my MDE account. Most of the phantom/duplicate family members appear to have finally been taken off my list, and my old cancelled ADRs are gone as well. Still getting the:

Pardon the Inconvenience
Some of our digital experiences may be unavailable at this time. We’re actively working to resolve this issue and provide the best possible Guest experience.

But slowly things may be getting fixed. Still not a comfort for those who are taking a beating in FP selection due to losing linked tickets and party members

I'm starting to see some progress in my MDE account. Most of the phantom/duplicate family members appear to have finally been taken off my list, and my old cancelled ADRs are gone as well. Still getting the:

Pardon the Inconvenience
Some of our digital experiences may be unavailable at this time. We’re actively working to resolve this issue and provide the best possible Guest experience.

But slowly things may be getting fixed. Still not a comfort for those who are taking a beating in FP selection due to losing linked tickets and party members
Haha I got so excited to see this but my old family members and ADRs are still there for me. Hopefully soon...

ETA: at least I got my tickets back

I was looking around pricing resort rooms last night and noticed they've created some new graphics for wait screens. I wonder if those are their latest "magical enhancements" :crazy2:

ETA - Specific new wait graphics, Big Thunder, Dapper Dans, are two I've seen.

Last edited:
I also noticed a new photo thumbnail for my Kilimanjaro Safaris FP.
Oh, guess I need to go check out the FP area.....
Need to see the oh so important stuff they've been spending their time developing

Oh, they are ALL new! Even the ADR! Wow, what magical "magical enhancement" they made :rolleyes2

I used to work with a system called Siebel. It was fantastic for our insurance call center. Unfortunately they kept adding more and more features, more and more tasks for it to do, macros added, etc and every release (which happened every few months) it would break for a few days after it.

We could still do our job but only to a point because that sytem was used to track so many things. It was also frustrating for us when we would get a call from an agent, immediately apologize that the system used for information to automatically pre-populate (you know when you enter your policy number or account number when you call it would transfer over) wasn't working at the moment and also immediately hear "what you don't have the policy information in front of you *sigh* here it is again" amongst other things.

Now the main issue was the Siebel system we used was just never intended to take on as much tasks as it kept being given and that was straight from our in-house IT guy who got loads of fun on those days when it would break.

The funny thing was the program that was very very vital to our work and that almost never broke was an old IMB program from the 1980s that was not reliant on the internet. When it went down, which was rare, it was due to a server issue. But again it was rare that it would go down.

I know Disney had the MDE built but quite honestly some of it (though I couldn't say just how much) could be due to how much they've added into it. I can only hope it gets better because it's one thing to be a bit slow, it's another thing to have tickets, ADRs, hotel reservations, FPs disappear and "stitch ate the page" all the time on a good portion of the website when it's experiencing issues.

What we don't know is what overall percentage of people have issues. It can be a bit deceptive to assume that people on Disboards constitute the majority of opinions or that their experience is in the majority. I have not personally ever experienced any issues with MDE in my visits and missed it when I was at DL last year; I felt like they were in the dark ages. Am I the majority or are those experiencing problems the majority? None of us know. So, yes, tell Disney the specifics of the issues, so that they can determine if it's a widespread problem or limited to some minority/specific technology issue. Either way, it's best to provide them the explicit details so that they can either fix it or provide information on technology limitations (or say that they aren't going to fix it).
I can assure you it's no small percentage of guests that have issues. I am in and out of multiple MDE accounts every day, as are my colleagues, and we all have numerous problems. We also have numerous problems on the professional end of Disney tech. Their IT is, in general, a $@*#-show.

My theory? Disney doesn't care. People will still come, and until they see revenue loss from their IT not working, they will continue to not care.

I do email them daily about it, and I encourage every single one of you to do the same.

Jesus wouldn’t even be able to get a FP for FOP. Good luck to you.

We easily got a FP for FOP at our 60 days when we went in April. There were several times available. My FP window is today but my Shades of Green reservation dropped off and will not link again. I spoke with someone in chat yesterday who could not figure out how to get it linked either and sent it "back stage". I asked about getting Fast Passes and he could not guarantee they would do anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter