Disney WISH

JecHec

Mouseketeer
Hi all
was wondering if anyone can give any news on your latest travels on the WISH. We have always traveled on the Dream and this would be our first on the Wish

Going on my 2nd Wish cruise in 30 days. I have come across a few short trip reports and folks seem to love it.

I cruised the first time in the fall of 2022, I loved everything about the ship. It is goregous.

I would watch YouTube videos and read recent reviews. Everyone has their own opinions, but I think its in a class of its own.

I have cruised on the Dream 3 times, the most recent in the fall and a bunch on the Magic. I feel if you cruised the Wish first, the other ships will look pretty dull, but they are still beautiful to me. The Wish is special. I am sure the Treasure will be too.

But this is my 3 cents! :smickey: 🚢 :earsgirl:

Hi all
was wondering if anyone can give any news on your latest travels on the WISH. We have always traveled on the Dream and this would be our first on the Wish
We've been on both the Wish and the Dream (plus all the others) and our suggestion is to completely forget everything/anything about the Dream. The Wish is a very different ship in layout. Just go with the flow of exploring a new place and don't try to compare the two.

We have been on the Dream 3 times and then sailed on the Wish last summer. All 3 of us preferred the Wish over the Dream. It is beautiful. We liked The Market pool quickservice food better. We thought the bars and lounges looked so much nicer and we liked that they were spread out instead of in a dark corner of the ship. The staterooms (especially the bathroom) were newer and more modern.

The adult only pool is smaller than the Dream but we liked the views from it and the seating around it. Didn’t like that the TV on the Wish is fixed to the wall and can’t be angled to watch from the couch.

We have been on the Dream 3 times and then sailed on the Wish last summer. All 3 of us preferred the Wish over the Dream. It is beautiful. We liked The Market pool quickservice food better. We thought the bars and lounges looked so much nicer and we liked that they were spread out instead of in a dark corner of the ship. The staterooms (especially the bathroom) were newer and more modern.

The adult only pool is smaller than the Dream but we liked the views from it and the seating around it. Didn’t like that the TV on the Wish is fixed to the wall and can’t be angled to watch from the couch.
I agree with all of these so won't repeat them but here are a couple of other factors.

Things better on the Wish (in addition to what is stated in the previous post):
--Kids club on the Wish was jaw-dropping. If you have kids age 10 or below, they will never want to leave.
--Adult drink on the Wish options were much better. Bigger variety and better quality of cocktails, and lots of them were very fun too with smoke bubbles, baileys encased in an ice cube, bird-shaped glasses and other creative things that I thought were really fun and cute.
--Family pool layout is very different. Lots of different smaller pools on Wish instead of two larger pools on Dream. This worked out better to distribute crowds (Chip n Dale pool at the front of the ship was always empty, but even in the main midship pool area, we could often find a quieter pool among the options). Plus if one went down due to a kiddo having an accident, there were still lots of other pools, whereas on the Dream it created a huge crowding issue if one pool was shut down for cleaning.
--Dinner entertainment on Wish is very enjoyable. Recognize not everyone likes a show with dinner, but if you do, that is a huge advantage on the Wish as we loved the Frozen and Marvel shows whereas the Dream only has the Nemo show, which we didn't love.
--The bump out balconies are a great idea. My husband is very tall and likes a deeper balcony to stretch out, and as a family of 5 we never could fit in the bump out rooms on the other ships. Plus I like that all the bump outs on the Wish are midship--great for seasick people like me.

Things better on the Dream
--Preferred Beauty and the Beast to any of the shows of the Wish, though to be fair, the Wish shows are better for smaller kids.
--Aqua Duck is a better slide than Aqua Mouse. The Aqua mouse screens take up a larger part of the ride and don't add much, plus I hated getting squirted in the face with the water jets on the Mouse. The Duck is just a really good water coaster with great views outside the ship.
--Prefer the original Captain Jack themed pirate party to the new pirate rock band show on the wish. They are both fun but the Dream one feels a bit more disney.
--Mini golf was a nice feature on the Dream--disappointed this wasn't on the Wish (though the indoor sports court on the Wish is a nice alternative, just prefer mini golf personally, especially with the ocean/island views)
--Midship detective on the Dream is a much better game than the Wish cell phone game, which was very glitchy and less good with smaller kids who are prone to drop your iphone especially when the game prompts them to swing it around.

Have been on the Dream 3 times and the Wish 2 times. I would happily sail on either again, but I do agree that the Wish all around is my favorite.

I agree with all of these so won't repeat them but here are a couple of other factors.

Things better on the Wish (in addition to what is stated in the previous post):
--Kids club on the Wish was jaw-dropping. If you have kids age 10 or below, they will never want to leave.
--Adult drink on the Wish options were much better. Bigger variety and better quality of cocktails, and lots of them were very fun too with smoke bubbles, baileys encased in an ice cube, bird-shaped glasses and other creative things that I thought were really fun and cute.
--Family pool layout is very different. Lots of different smaller pools on Wish instead of two larger pools on Dream. This worked out better to distribute crowds (Chip n Dale pool at the front of the ship was always empty, but even in the main midship pool area, we could often find a quieter pool among the options). Plus if one went down due to a kiddo having an accident, there were still lots of other pools, whereas on the Dream it created a huge crowding issue if one pool was shut down for cleaning.
--Dinner entertainment on Wish is very enjoyable. Recognize not everyone likes a show with dinner, but if you do, that is a huge advantage on the Wish as we loved the Frozen and Marvel shows whereas the Dream only has the Nemo show, which we didn't love.
--The bump out balconies are a great idea. My husband is very tall and likes a deeper balcony to stretch out, and as a family of 5 we never could fit in the bump out rooms on the other ships. Plus I like that all the bump outs on the Wish are midship--great for seasick people like me.

Things better on the Dream
--Preferred Beauty and the Beast to any of the shows of the Wish, though to be fair, the Wish shows are better for smaller kids.
--Aqua Duck is a better slide than Aqua Mouse. The Aqua mouse screens take up a larger part of the ride and don't add much, plus I hated getting squirted in the face with the water jets on the Mouse. The Duck is just a really good water coaster with great views outside the ship.
--Prefer the original Captain Jack themed pirate party to the new pirate rock band show on the wish. They are both fun but the Dream one feels a bit more disney.
--Mini golf was a nice feature on the Dream--disappointed this wasn't on the Wish (though the indoor sports court on the Wish is a nice alternative, just prefer mini golf personally, especially with the ocean/island views)
--Midship detective on the Dream is a much better game than the Wish cell phone game, which was very glitchy and less good with smaller kids who are prone to drop your iphone especially when the game prompts them to swing it around.

Have been on the Dream 3 times and the Wish 2 times. I would happily sail on either again, but I do agree that the Wish all around is my favorite.

yikes I am tired just from reading all the things you did so you could compare lol.

The Dream was my first ship and so it will always have a special place in my heart, but I agree with those that say the Wish feels more festive. I like the lighter tones. But mostly I liked the themed bars, they are great on the Wish. Went back to the Dream and couldn't help feeling they couldn't compete. But in the end, it's a matter of taste and there are those that don't like the elevator layout on the Wish (2 versus 3 main areas). You just cant lose if you are on a Disney cruise. But yes, all other things being equal (cruise port, destination) I would pick the Wish.

On our second Wish cruise now… have also down dream and magic last year. I will just say I love the Wish. Elevators bigger, lobby area bigger, and more pools was a plus. Also the fitness center on the wish I enjoyed more (if you workout on vacation). Also as another poster stated, aqua duck is much better than aqua mouse. But I love the feel that the Wish brings…. I didn’t feel as cramped as I did with Dream. Not uncomfortable, but just cramped. Looking forward to the treasure tbh. The bigger the better in my opinion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter