Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all! been MAJORLY BUSY! in fact...i'm on my way to the outback RIGHT NOW! me and a friend i met here are spending the night in brisbane tonight and then heading out to a place called lightning ridge in the morning to ride horses for a week! i am soooo excited!!
i have been having an awesome time! i did get to dive the GBR and have some good photos that ill have up when i get home to MD! i am trying to dive at least once more before i go home at the end of november.

I'm in the Phoenix airport.. boy, it looks totally different out here!

ooo patsy i know what you mean!! i made a layover in phoenix on my way out here. wasnt it just LOVELY??:cloud9: i thought it was so pretty...with the mountains and all.
that was when i was still in a good mood.:rotfl2: i slowly got more pissy as my traveling went on.:rotfl2: two days of travel straight is just nooottt fun.:sad2: :rotfl:

2.gif

Hope everyone had a good one!

ooo patsy i know what you mean!! i made a layover in phoenix on my way out here. wasnt it just LOVELY??:cloud9: i thought it was so pretty...with the mountains and all.
that was when i was still in a good mood.:rotfl2: i slowly got more pissy as my traveling went on.:rotfl2: two days of travel straight is just nooottt fun.:sad2: :rotfl:

Ohh, ouchies. Where else did you have a layover?? I love exploring airports but 2 days of travel might be a bit too many airports to explore.. :scared1:

I loved Phoenix, too! The airport was GORGEOUS and we loved walking around.. you'd go down a different terminal and see a whole other set of mountains. Flying out there is so crazy-- you go from flaaaat to poof! mountains.. back to flat.. etc.

I wanna see more pictures! The ones on myspace are GORGEOUS!! :woohoo: :thumbsup2

Happy Halloween!! I made it back from work in just enough time to give ONE kid some candy :sad1: (And only her because it was my co-workers daughter and she brought her over).. so she got all the halloween candy I bought and promised me she'd share with her sister who couldn't go!

Heidi!
Glad you are still having a blast! I looked for your sister at the Tower of Terror run, but with the other 4000 people there somehow I had a hard time finding her :rotfl: anyhow I'm sure she finished way before us, so all I would have seen would have been the back of her head.

Happy November 1st, everyone! :woohoo:

So after the crazy workweek I've had.... today?... well, it was interesting.

I was told I would be laid off if I didn't accept another transfer.:mad: :sad2: :rolleyes:

afternoon :goodvibes I shouldn't tell you about the Doritos I'm munching on right now :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

just came back from a wedding where "Here comes the Bride" was played with electric guitars. :bride:

So after the crazy workweek I've had.... today?... well, it was interesting.

I was told I would be laid off if I didn't accept another transfer.:mad: :sad2: :rolleyes:

What would that mean to your life?
Is it another bank to work in and commute to in addition to the ones you work in now?
Or all your hours would be at one place in another city and you have to relocate?
Or something else?

Did the missing item (not the keys) every cause trouble?
Jan :earsgirl:

Did the missing item (not the keys) every cause trouble?
Jan :earsgirl:

No, thank goodness! The missing item was my paper with my pin code to disable alarms where I used to work (where I worked before the transfer in August) When I called the manager there she'd already deactivated my code a few weeks ago, so it'd be useless to anyone who found it.

Tom Tom bought me DDR for my Wii-- phew, this game is hard! I feel like a total idiot 'cause I'm just not that coordinated.
I really wish the instruction book gave you more information, too. It keeps grading me (and insulting me!) and I don't even know how bad the grade is!!
Anyone here DDR often enough to give me a clue? :rolleyes1

What would that mean to your life?
Is it another bank to work in and commute to in addition to the ones you work in now?
Or all your hours would be at one place in another city and you have to relocate?
Or something else?

Apparently the DM (who is making this order) is saying there isn't enough demand at the location I'm currently based out of. Which is crazy to me because I filled a vacant spot when someone quit a few months ago but I'd been working there on top of hours at the branch I was stationed out of for months-- WITH that other teller there, too!
I don't really know what is going on now. I called the DM when I calmed down and said "It's my understanding that I accept another transfer or not have a job, is that right?" and he got kinda upset that I put it so "bluntly".. I told him that that was my understanding of the situation, that I was pretty sure I would NOT be accepting another transfer and if that meant I wouldn't have a job I would need to know that ASAP because I have tuition due in January that I'll need to find another way to pay.
He told me he never thought I'd decline the transfer and he'd "see what he could do" because he didn't want to lose me and that he really appreciated the phone call.
I doubt anything will come of my phone call, but I wanted to hear from him that was the situation. Even if he comes up with a "solution" they're not going to let me stay where I am and I'm getting pretty irritated with being treated the way I am. I do not earn extra benefits on all the overtime I'm working, I do not get paid mileage and I'm feeling very abused!
It might be time to say good riddance! :sad2:

Hi Gang! Has anyone else been reading the threads about the folks that were cruising during Noel? Sounds horribly sickening! :sick: :scared:

Ohh, ouchies. Where else did you have a layover?? I love exploring airports but 2 days of travel might be a bit too many airports to explore.. :scared1:

I loved Phoenix, too! The airport was GORGEOUS and we loved walking around.. you'd go down a different terminal and see a whole other set of mountains. Flying out there is so crazy-- you go from flaaaat to poof! mountains.. back to flat.. etc.

I wanna see more pictures! The ones on myspace are GORGEOUS!! :woohoo: :thumbsup2

My first layover was phoenix, then vancouver, then honolulu, then sydney, then brisbane, then FINALLY i was in townsville. 6 flights?? what was i thinking?:confused3
i loved phoenix very much too.:goodvibes i will definitely be posting pictures when i get home (november 25th) and maybe try to before i leave to get a few up. we just have an internet quota at JCU and ive been trying to not run out/save some for the end of the semester to skype with my parents. (for those of you who dont know, skype is like making a phone call through the computer and is 100% free :goodvibes )

Heidi!
Glad you are still having a blast! I looked for your sister at the Tower of Terror run, but with the other 4000 people there somehow I had a hard time finding her :rotfl: anyhow I'm sure she finished way before us, so all I would have seen would have been the back of her head.

Happy November 1st, everyone! :woohoo:

Haha yeah i bet there were tons of people!! she IMed me before her race and said it was now her pre-race thing to talk to me before running.:goodvibes and then i hadnt heard back from her in quite awhile and i said holly, you had BETTER be done by now, i would have expected you done ages ago!!:lmao: and she replied that she had been finished for a bit. i bet you had tons of fun though, it sounded like a good time!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter