Disney World 1 hr wait all rides

skbrewer

Earning My Ears
Just left Disney World and Very disappointed. 1 hour wait on almost all rides. Some rides more than 1 hr. Stood in line on hot July heat. Paid to ride 1 ride for entire day. Poor families with little kids. Will not be visiting for years until fixed. It was crazy for me to think Disney had this under control. Many more people too than they are saying. People bumped into me like crazy. No distancing what so ever. Packed into parks and lines like sardines. I’ve been to Disney world over 30 time’s and I’m done. We even met a couple on skyline who said same thing. Research before you go. Be sure you can tolerate paying for tickets with limited rides.

Everyone needs to determine their own level of tolerance. Right now Disney is broken. Once paid fast pass hits, and paid meet and greets and paid fireworks and paid everything there will still be waits and people will still be willing to pay 100 plus to just get in.

I really need to get back. If not just to get as pissed as you and finally say screw it and opt for cheaper more friendly vacations.

Just left Disney World and Very disappointed. 1 hour wait on almost all rides. Some rides more than 1 hr. Stood in line on hot July heat. Paid to ride 1 ride for entire day. Poor families with little kids. Will not be visiting for years until fixed. It was crazy for me to think Disney had this under control. Many more people too than they are saying. People bumped into me like crazy. No distancing what so ever. Packed into parks and lines like sardines. I’ve been to Disney world over 30 time’s and I’m done. We even met a couple on skyline who said same thing. Research before you go. Be sure you can tolerate paying for tickets with limited rides.
Unfortunately we booked this trip 6 months ago, wish we didn’t have military tickets that expire 9/26/21. It will probably be our last trip, one because Disney really screwed us, and 2 the prices is just too much. We can go to Europe for 10 days with what we are spending, even with military discounts.

What time did you arrive?

I was there last weekend for 3 days. Rode rides for the first 2-3 hours and last 2-3 hours of each park being open and never waited more than 30 minutes and got lots of rides done. There are ways to not wait as long. We had a fantastic time.

This exactly! And any small amount of research here before a trip would have told anyone that. I go all the time here for 3-4 hours and I typically ride at least 4-5 rides.

I think you have a right to be frustrated. Sure there are summer crowds, there’s a big demand for travel, and it’s a weekend. However it’s also clear that Disney let in tons of people before being fully ready for them (extremely limited shows and entertainment, still limited dining, overall lack of CMs, etc.). They had a chance to gear up first, they just chose not to. Hopefully things get sorted out soon

Just got back last night myself. We never showed up till 4pm daily due to heat and rode everything we wanted to. Walk on to Peter Pan. I do not understand where some people's stories come from. At MK we rode Pooh, 7D, Under the Sea, Small World, Peter Pan, Carousel of Progress, People Mover, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, and Jungle Cruise. All between 4pm and closing (10pm). Ate at resort before park and avoided fireworks. I had read all of the "complaints" before my trip and was nervous. Had a plan and had a wonderful time.

July. Weekend. Pent up desire to travel. Typical line wait times for this time of year. Everyone kept saying they wanted everything to 'go back to normal'. Welcome to normal.
Agree with the July statement. We've been in June, July, and August and I can tell you there was a big difference between late July and early-mid August in crowd size. Two caveats though--I realize lots of people can't go after July with school starting in some places and also, who knows what August holds in an "unusual" year. It all comes down to expectations I guess. We are are prepared for waiting w/o FP in place. We go in two weeks and will update from time to time while there. I believe some changes are permanent :stir:

We just returned too, and the 1 hour waits were long but a lot more tolerable than previous last minute trips we did where no fast passes were available. I am hoping a paid fastpass system will be in place when we go in May.

I don’t think they believe anything needs to be “fixed“. People are willing to pay more for less amenities. Disney realizes it and is willing to oblige.

Its also July. That’s peak season. Even before the ’rona I’d be more willing to have a digit amputated than visit the parks in July. November - January are the best.

Its also July. That’s peak season. Even before the ’rona I’d be more willing to have a digit amputated than visit the parks in July. November - January are the best
November and December are really busy now and even more crowded than the summer. Best times now are probably mid-late August and mid-September (if you can tolerate the heat) or mid to late January and early February.

We have been to Disney every July for the last 8 years and this was by far the most frustrating. Headliner rides were down every morning and lines were horrible. They are allowing the same amount of people but with no fast pass, more ride breakdowns, shows still not open and restaurants still not open. This is not a normal July because the "crowd eating" shows, restaurants and character meets are not all open. We were at the parks four times this year including Easter day and Christmas day and our trip last week in July was the worst for attractions per day.

Last edited:
We were at MK July 4th weekend and I did not find the lines too bad. Thunder mountain, small world, pirates, tea cups, Ariel, speedway, PM, pooh around 15min or less. Peter Pan, Mine train, splash, Jungle cruise & Space mountain 45-60min. I have other things that frustrate me about Disney currently, but I actually find the ride lines more tolerable now than pre-covid. I liked that I didn't have to plan around fast passes. Just stayed in one area and do all the rides I was interested in, then move on to the next land. The standby lines moved much quicker than when fast pass took up half the capacity.

I understand that folks who are used to fast passes may not be used to having these kinds of lines and I'm sure it's gone up since I was there. I have to say I've had my fill of rides going to Disney during Covid because in general, it's been the shortest lines I've ever had to wait in. I just miss all the other stuff(shows, parades, etc). Everyone seem to have different experiences and perspective, but this is probably not the best time to visit if you have high hopes. Lower expectations and you might be pleasantly surprised.

We (group of four adults) were at WDW July 16-20. Day 1 (16th) we visited Hollywood Studios. Thanks to DS23, we had a Rise of the resistance boarding number of 6. We got to the park around 8 and our boarding group was called around 8:40. Although wait times posted were long, only two rides were accurate: Aerosmith and runaway railroad. Everything else was shorter than the posted times. Toy Story Mania was consistently half the posted time. We rode it three times and under 30 min wait each time. We rode every ride that we wanted to ride. We waited until close to park closing to ride slinky dog and waited 40 min.
Day 2 was Animal kingdom. We rode flights of passage at opening (park let us in early so rode before 8) and then proceded to Everest. Rode that twice. We finished animal Kingdom by 4pm and had done everything we wanted to do.
Day 3 was Magic Kingdom. Small World had a wait time of 60 min and it took 15 mins. This happened to us all day. We opened and closed the park but rode everything we wanted to ride. Rode Buzz three times. Lol.
Day 4 was Epcot. Longest was Frozen (posted 45, actual 35). Food booth lines were reasonable.
Day 5 was Hollywood Studios again. Hero DS23 managed a boarding group 2 so that was our first ride. This was the only day that crowds seems crazy. We rode Rise of the resistance, toy story mania, single rider Aerosmith, Tower of Terror and Walt’s Man with a Dream show. Some time between 12:30-1, we decided the crowds were too much and we headed to Disney Springs for lunch.

Overall, crowds seemed manageable and we rode everything We wanted to ride. Bus waits were never long, even at closing. Maybe we went with low expectations, but it was not nearly as bad as we expected.

I understand OP’s frustration, however.… I’ve seen multiple posts on here about people lamenting the fact that there’s no social distancing. Social distancing isn’t a thing anywhere any longer, why do some expect WDW to still be enforcing it? It seems those that mention it are SHOCKED there are so many people there all close together. Just something I’ve noticed on here and wondered if others are as baffled as I am?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter