Disney World changing to powdered creamer

pixieprincess925

I can't get to Disney soon enough!
Currently at Pop Century. Noticed this morning that the only creamer available for my $3.50 plain coffee was powdered.
I mentioned it to the manager on duty and was told ALL the Disney World hotels are moving to powdered creamer. No more liquid CoffeeMate, and definitely none in the flavored varieties.

Anyone at other resorts finding only powder?
(Full disclosure - the creamer currently in our room is liquid capsules)

Also, Pop Century does not have "fancy" coffees like lattes, so plain coffee is my only option there.

ew. That's just sad. I thought the only places that still used powdered creamer were 1990s' office breakrooms. :rotfl:I never know what I'll find in a hotel or motel, so I always pack my own half and half: 100% real cream & real milk. No fake high fructose junk or other additives.

Why would anyone be surprised? Disney ruins everything they can in the name of profits. Have to go this January because my daughter is in Cheer Competition and after that never Fu----- ever again. Tired of giving my money to greedy CEO, CFO, COO etc... No more of my money will go to into the pockets of the people who run the company while they employ people who can't even pay the rent

I’m not sure if Disney is being cheap or preparing for the shortage of creamer on the market. There is a palm oil shortage that is disturbing the creamer production. Hopefully this isn’t permanent.

I’m not sure if Disney is being cheap or preparing for the shortage of creamer on the market. There is a palm oil shortage that is disturbing the creamer production. Hopefully this isn’t permanent.
There is a shortage of Palm Oil cows. Most of them left the farm and moved to the big city once they discovered Salsa dancing. Why lounge around on the farm when you can hoof it to the beat.
~NM

istockphoto-164538609-612x612.jpg

ew. That's just sad. I thought the only places that still used powdered creamer were 1990s' office breakrooms. :rotfl:I never know what I'll find in a hotel or motel, so I always pack my own half and half: 100% real cream & real milk. No fake high fructose junk or other additives.
I totally agree. We were at Riverside in April for two weeks and I bought an electric water pot and Starbuck's Via (their instant) and had great, strong coffee every morning. We had the car so it was easy to do. I like to use heavy cream and maybe a dollop of Coffee Mate for a bit of sweetness. I have spent too many mornings walking to the food court for coffee.

I always bring a box of the individual flavored creamers for my coffee when at Disney but liked to use one of June plus one of their liquid creamers together. I guess I will plan on using only what I bring next trip

Seriously.

I'm a half and half or heavy cream person. I cannot stand any fake type of dairy, especially in coffee.
Heavy/light cream in your coffee is really good, but I feel so full after it that I don’t do it often. I watched a show about coffee once and the host was in a tribal hut in Kenya or Ethiopia and they were putting butter in their coffee.

Last trip I brought a box of the shelf stable half-and-half creamers. Much better than Coffee Mate in my opinion. I usually do coffee in the room (bring my own coffee) and have regular half-and-half in the fridge, but you can put a couple of the shelf stable ones in your bag or whatever if you want to use them elsewhere. I despise the powered stuff.

Heavy/light cream in your coffee is really good, but I feel so full after it that I don’t do it often. I watched a show about coffee once and the host was in a tribal hut in Kenya or Ethiopia and they were putting butter in their coffee.

Butter is just heavy cream, after all.

I actually do it TO feel full. I have my coffee around 7 and then my breakfast around 10. I don't like eating as soon as I wake up.

Whole Foods has cans of cold brew coffee with butter in it. It is generally associated with the "bulletproof" diet when I see those cans. I think it has to due with getting morning energy from caffeine + fat and helps with the keto diet if you're into that.

I just prefer heavy cream or half and half if I don't drink black.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter