• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World eliminates outside vendor drop off services

Hearing rumors elsewhere of new policy that soon Disney will not allow any vendors to drop off items for guests with bell services and that the guest must meet directly with the vendor for pick up and drop off. Has anyone seen anything official on this? The only thing I saw was a video from Kingdom Strollers talking about the new policy and that if your reservation was made before Oct. 1 the old rules applied.

As someone who was considering purchasing DVC this is a big deal to me as I had groceries delivered every trip. I could pick them up from bell services and not have to wait for a delivery guy. Now that that’s not the case I think I’ll stick to Bonnet Creek. I won’t pay $5,000+ for a vacation where they aren’t willing to hold a few groceries or a stroller.

Or a scooter--which for many is a necessary medical device. A friend has a husband on dialysis--they have to have medical supplies delivered for him--how can you schedule a UPS or Fed Ex delivery? How far is this policy going? I'm an attorney--if I need to receive a Fed Ex package they are not going to accept it?

Being able to have a Kingdom Strollers stroller sitting there waiting for me was a godsend. That would royally suck.

For groceries, well, I guess that would still take less time than actually going to a store. But why are they taking this ability away? It's not like they are cutting their rates!!

As for Fed Ex document packages, I really doubt that they won't sign for those.

I met with my Instacart delivery person right at the VGF lobby two weeks ago because our order contained alcohol. It wasn’t that big a deal. Guests who do not rent from one of the approved vendors of strollers and ECVs already have to meet their vendor upon delivery and when returning.

I'm sure it has more to do with the available space to store items that are ordered ahead of time, and possibly the liability of having to manage said items until the person paying for them can receive them. Decisions like this are generally related to logistics issues.

I feel like I've seen more scooters in the parks than in years past, and if they have seen an increase in guests using rental vendors for scooters, strollers and such they may be approaching a point where during the busy season they just don't have the room or staff to manage holding onto and taking responsibility for someone else's rentals/purchases.

It was always a courtesy they extended, not an entitlement of the stay at the hotel - so it was always subject to change. That's not a commentary on anyone's feelings about it, just the facts.

Disney just instituted a $5 charge for deliveries. That didn’t apply to strollers tho.

Why not just add a charge to guests who do this? Yes that’s an inconvenience but that’s better in my opinion than not allowing it at all.
I think that it really comes down to a space issue. There were so many scooters parked under the portico at the GF last week that they spilled over behind valet pick up.

They really aren’t disallowing it so much as they are requiring guests to meet their vendors at drop off and pick up times.

I'm upset about this... I get it and I could totally see no longer allowing strollers or groceries. I feel like mobility devices or strollers needed for medical reasons should be an exception.

For example, we were originally scheduled to arrive at 4pm but due to a flight delay, we didn't arrive until 12:30am the next day. My fiance was recovering from foot surgery and unable to walk or stand. If his wheelchair was not available when we arrived, it would have been a major problem for us. He would not have been able to get to our room at all with out it.

I think that it really comes down to a space issue. There were so many scooters parked under the portico at the GF last week that they spilled over behind valet pick up.

They really aren’t disallowing it so much as they are requiring guests to meet their vendors at drop off and pick up times.
The problem is, guest arrive all day and night. This could make it difficult for the vendors and the guest to coordinate a scheduled time.

I think it takes away from park time to be just sitting there waiting for a delivery. Maybe with some grocery companies you know the 2 hour window, but for other companies you could be looking at wasting 1/2 to a full day just waiting for them to show up.
I don't use strollers or wheelchairs and drive so I pick up my own food, but this seems like an extreme inconvenience for those who do need these items,

I get that. I think space is the biggest problem. They’ve been allowing this for years. These services aren’t anything new.
Agreed. It definitely feels like there are more scooters in the parks now than ever before, and we usually go during slower periods - I can only imagine that holding onto scooters and strollers in the busy seasons has them busting at the seams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter