Disney World Hotels, Sensory sensitivities, anxiety, and fireworks

Others have some great suggestions/ideas, I just wanted to chime in with the fact that I have a friend who lives about 15 miles away in Clermont. At night you can hear the 'booms' from the MK fireworks. It isn't super loud and unless you knew you wouldn't automatically think 'fireworks'.. but I'm just saying this as that's 15 miles away and you can hear it. So anything in the general vacinity of WDW there will be some level of noise you can hear. You just won't escape it 100%. So if she's that sensitive, the other suggestions for white noise or noise cancelling headphones etc. would be beneficial.

Trip update: We ended up staying at Caribbean Beach in the Trinidad section for the first half of the trip and Swan Reserve for the second half.

At Caribbean Beach, even in the Trinidad section you could hear the Epcot fireworks when they went off, but they weren't loud. We did up getting my daughter comfortable using the side machine again before the trip so that was running every night during the fireworks. One night she had not not fallen asleep yet when I heard the fireworks but she did not seem to notice them.

The Swan Reserve, we had a room facing east towards mini golf, and we did not hear fireworks while we were there.

Trip update: We ended up staying at Caribbean Beach in the Trinidad section for the first half of the trip and Swan Reserve for the second half.

At Caribbean Beach, even in the Trinidad section you could hear the Epcot fireworks when they went off, but they weren't loud. We did up getting my daughter comfortable using the side machine again before the trip so that was running every night during the fireworks. One night she had not not fallen asleep yet when I heard the fireworks but she did not seem to notice them.

The Swan Reserve, we had a room facing east towards mini golf, and we did not hear fireworks while we were there.
Glad everything worked out for your family!

Even though this is an old thread, adding some information in case it helps anyone: I have a daughter who really hates (and fears) the sound of fireworks when we are in the parks (usually we go inside or my husband puts his hands tightly over her ears) but she enjoys watching them. She tolerated the fireworks from the outside of the Grand Floridian (she enjoyed them and wanted to stay out to watch but had her hands over her ears occasionally) — conversely, we can usually can’t even see them from the Beach Club Villas but they are somehow even louder.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is your absolute best bet as far as staying far away from any loud noises goes.

As far as avoiding noises in the parks, I recommend Bose over-the-ear noise-cancelling headphones. They're expensive, but better than even my most effective ear defenders. She can listen to music or her favourite calming sounds or watch her shows on a phone/tablet whilst having the sounds around her blotted out.

My DS, who was ~4 at the time, hated any loud noises--shows, rides, fireworks, etc. My other DS, 2 at the time, had just had tubes placed in his ears and was able to actually able to hear fully since he was 9mo. Our ENT suggested using the silicone ear plugs for both pool and loud environments. Could not have made it through the parks without them, and they took up a LOT less bag space than having to haul 2 sets of over-the-ear noise cancelling headphones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter