• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World Or Disney Land

Hauntedmansion13

Mouseketeer
Which is better? I go to DW as my home park, but I am going to DIsney Land and which is better? Just an opinion and also could you give me some reasons why the park you pick is better.:wizard:

WDW is better because there are 4 parks, two water parks and DTD is way better. HOWEVER I totally prefer DL to MK. I love New Orleans Square at DL, I like the lay out better and the rides (even the ones that are the 'same') are better at DL. I also like that you can just walk back and forth between the parks. Just my 2 cents :thumbsup2

There are just differences and pros and cons. What differences will you notice at DL?

Pros:
-DL is MUCH smaller. You can stand on the sidewalk and turn a 360 and see the entrances to 5 different rides (took me a while to adjust the scale of the map). Your feet are going to thank you.

-Both park entrances and DTD are right there. So you can park once and enjoy many things (there's a reason it's the largest parking structure in the world). You've just completely eliminated the transportation nightmare that exists in WDW and you'll never have to cross a body of water to get to MK.

-Hotels close enough to walk, and many people do. You will never convince yourself that you must stay on property to have a good trip as hordes of others have done in WDW.

Cons:
-More outdoor queues (so less A/C and sun protection)

Just Differences (you may think these a pro or con or neither):
-Dining is less of a big deal, there is no 180 ADR issue at this park, a few locations offer an ADR program that I think opens 60 days or so before but it's more typical of other theme parks where you tour until ready to eat and walk up and do so. It's entirely likely you'll never find yourself traveling to a Disney resort just to eat.

-LA was not built around Disney and they owe Disney NOTHING. You will notice a difference in attitude in areas outside DL. LA has LOTS to offer and everyone at the airport isn't headed for ME, etc. etc.

-The castle at DL is MUCH smaller is size, scope, and scale. So much so I was taken aback when seeing it for the first time again as an adult and asking others "Is that the castle?"

-Even if you see the same ride take the time to ride. Many of the experiences are different and it's fun comparing the same ride at two different parks.

Keep an open mind trying not to have a pre-conceived notion of which one is "better"...they are just different.

Have a great time.

I have never been to DL... only DW... but.. in my thoughts... which DL being smaller and only 2 parks, compared to DW larger parks and 4 of them.. i would say DW is better

Disneyland Resort California got one thing that Walt Disney World doesnt have: Walt Disney actually worked there and walked around there. And he had an appartment there. To me that alone is a reason to visit DLRC at least once.

But you cannot compare any of the Disney resorts. Although they have simularities, each and every Disney resort is special on its own.

Unfortunately comparing DLR to WDW is not a fair comparison, so there really can't be a "better" of the two. I agree with the PP that there will be Pros & Cons for you as a WDW veteran experiencing DLR for the first time.

From many people, the "Better" of the two parks is going to come down to what you and your family want from the trip. If you're looking for nostalgia, an intimate park experience and a bit less stress in the planning department, then DL is going to be your favorite. If you're interested in "Foodie" activities, are planning a multiple day vacation (3-days +) and looking for that all encompassing experience, than WDW will be the place for you.

If you're looking for nostalgia, an intimate park experience and a bit less stress in the planning department, then DL is going to be your favorite. If you're interested in "Foodie" activities, are planning a multiple day vacation (3-days +) and looking for that all encompassing experience, than WDW will be the place for you.

I agree 100%. I started my Disney experience at Disneyland and I LOVE it!!! I think it will always have a special place in my heart :love: and I plan to continue to go there. However, WDW, has more options for a longer vacation and food, so the planner in me loves that option. Not to mention WDW has Epcot and that is a great experience.

Disneyland is amazing! I am a WDW vet who visited three years ago and went three years in a row!!! It really is wondeful!

Best Fireworks show is at DL - Remember Dreams Come True
Best Stage show is at DL - Aladdin
Best Nighttime Performance is at DL - Fanatasmic!

Pirates, Space Mtn, All of Fantasyland, IASM, Railroad, Autotopia, Toontown, TIKI Room, Main Street are all better at DL. Now they have World of Color, next year they are adding Little Mermaid, and the year after that its Cars land. Walt walked the park. He lived there and you can feel it. The nostaglia is amazing. The details are incredible.

Don't get me wrong I love Disneyworld. It is an immense resort but I have to give Disneyland's two parks a thumbs up over WDW's four parks.
My favorite ride of all the parks is Disneyworld's Splash Mountain. If Epcot was built at WDW I would never go back to WDW. California's weather is consistently better.

Here is one of my favorite quotes I've heard and I tend to agree with it:

"There's an answer the old timers at Disney like to give when asked to compare the Anaheim and Orlando main parks, and to me it still applies as to how they are currently run: Disneyland is a park designed by a father for his daughters, while the Magic Kingdom is designed by a committee for the hordes."

So go and have fun.

To me, this question can never have an answer. Sure, Walt Disney World has aspects better than Disneyland , and vice versa. I can probably never choose one over the other. We can argue Walt Disney World is larger and has more attractions but I can never forget that Disneyland has quality over quantity and plus, It's Walt's park :wizard:

TO ME DW will always be my number one, but ask me when I am there dead Summer with the sun beating down..then I think fondly of DL with its more temperate temps:wizard: Either one though I am on :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter