Disney World Snob

One of the most fun things for me is comparing the same attractions at the parks. It is fun to see the different ways the imagineers approach a ride. Pirates of the Carribean is the most glaring difference but things like Peter Pan have a really similar aura but are very different where as the Haunted Mansion at WDW looks different on the outside and begins differently but is much the same over all. I find this kind of stuf fun and interesting. Just because one castle is smaller or larger or pinker doesn't mean it is bad or good. It is just different and there to be enjoyed in the overall scheme of things.

La2kw said:
UO is a great resort experience as well if you stay at one of the Universal Resorts. The size of it is on par with Disneyland. Everything is within walking distance, although they do have boat transportation. Front of the Line Access with your room key is worth every penny. The Universal parks are just as well done as any Disney park is. I like them better than DAK at the very least!

WDW is a great resort destination and I'm a big fan, but DL has a lot more character. It is more compact and has different "layers" of detail. You can almost feel Walt's touch. It's something that's missing at WDW.

THANKS for posting re UO!! We are going to stay at PBH (another first). I bought a book on UO to help me get excited for that part of our trip. Haven't opened it yet, though. ;)

I love your comments about DL 's detail and Walt's touch. Makes me really want to give it a try! :wizard:

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

Lives4Disney said:
THANKS for posting re UO!! We are going to stay at PBH (another first). I bought a book on UO to help me get excited for that part of our trip. Haven't opened it yet, though. ;)

I love your comments about DL 's detail and Walt's touch. Makes me really want to give it a try! :wizard:

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:
I'm sure you'll enjoy UO. We've stayed at all three, but our favorite hotel is the Royal Pacific.

I have been to WDW 20ish times, DL 3 times and DLP once. From strictly a Park standpoint I feel DL is the best park bar none. However I feel the fact that WDW is like a town in itself the whole experience is better. At WDW you feel like you are completely immersed in the magic. Although you really feel like you're in Walt's vision in Anaheim. If I had to Rank the parks I've been to It would be like this:
DL
MK
Epcot
MGM
DLP
DCA
AK
DS Paris

Michael623 said:
I have been to WDW 20ish times, DL 3 times and DLP once. From strictly a Park standpoint I feel DL is the best park bar none. However I feel the fact that WDW is like a town in itself the whole experience is better. At WDW you feel like you are completely immersed in the magic. Although you really feel like you're in Walt's vision in Anaheim. If I had to Rank the parks I've been to It would be like this:
DL
MK
Epcot
MGM
DLP
DCA
AK
DS Paris
I would have to remove Paris from the mix (I have not yet visited those parks), but I would rank the parks the same way.

Michael623 said:
From strictly a Park standpoint I feel DL is the best park bar none. However I feel the fact that WDW is like a town in itself the whole experience is better. At WDW you feel like you are completely immersed in the magic. Although you really feel like you're in Walt's vision in Anaheim. If I had to Rank the parks I've been to It would be like this:
DL
MK
Epcot
MGM
DLP
DCA
AK
DS Paris

Take out Paris and I'm there with you- I haven't had the opportunity to visit Europe yet. Someday soon though.
I love the grandness of WDW. Its so huge! There's so much to do and see- you can never see it all. If you stay onsite and visit all the parks its like being in a neverending fairy tale. But my fav will always be DL. It just seems to have Walt's blessing or something. There's something to be said about originality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter