Disney World Solo Trip Report (July 9th- 12th 2021)

ShadowBoxer

Nerdy Storyteller
Hi everyone,

I was enjoying my Disney World and week off from work so much that I forgot to give a little report about my solo trip July 9th-12th. First, I will say the Disney Magical Express was a fine ride, I only had to wait about 25 mins when I arrived July 9th and was in the parks by 12:50PM-1:00PM. It was hot but not has hot as I was expecting for July, it was in the high 80's and low 90's. Definitely had to stay hydrated but the heat was very manageable. In terms of the crowd levels, it definitely seems like Disney is quickly approaching pre COVID levels as the parks were PACKED. The capacity has to be over 50% now. As a Star Wars fan, I REALLY enjoyed Galaxy's Edge and did most of the things there are to do there (built a lightsaber, got a reservation for Oga's Cantina, and got a boarding group for Rise of Resistance, and rode the Falcon ride). Enjoyed riding rides in the other parks like Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot. If you are worried doing a solo trip don't be, I met a few nice people while waiting in lines and nearly all of the Disney Cast members were super nice and friendly ( more on that in a bit).

Now sadly, I did have some negative experiences on this trip as well. The first thing was that when I checked into my hotel (all star movies) I left my backpack and luggage with them to be stored until the room was ready (since I left for the parks soon after). The cast members had actually lost or misplaced my back pack and luggage and it took a while for them to find it. They claimed they had put my stuff in my hotel room and sorta questioned me like I was a liar or thief you know. I was worried I was going to be stuck with no clothes or anything the entire trip. They did eventually find it but it was sort of an apology. But I understood and didn't let it bother me.

I did encounter one VERY unfriendly Disney bus driver. The first bus driver I encounter that Saturday night waiting to go to Disney Springs. There was a bus at the hotel and it was a bit packed and was the bus was about to pull off. But it was room for one more to stand near the front I saw. So I waved at the driver and wanted to ask her if there was room for one more since she hadn't pulled off just yet. She just gave me an angry glance ( said nothing) and did this hand gesture like (go away) like I was an mosquito or something. I understood bus were packed but I just thought that wasn't a friendly or Disney way to do it. So I waited for the next bus which took like 30-40 mins.

Next, I feel like Fast Pass should come back as I never got to ride Slinky Dog or Flight of Passage ( I have ridden FOP before but never Slinky). The wait times for both were over 100 mins and standing directly in the sun wasn't going to go well for me. Slinky was 120 mins ( both times I tried) and FOP was a whopping 140 mins. Also, quite a few rides broke down that also prevented me from riding. Space Mountain was down for several hours, I got stuck on Haunted Mansion for like 12 mins, and never got to ride Mickey and Minne Runaway Rail Road as both times I was in line it broke down for over 30 mins.

Still despite some not so magical moments, I still very much enjoyed me trip as the good definitely outweighed the couple of bad instances. Like I said, large majority of the cast members were very friendly and made it less weird to be solo. Likewise with a few nice people I chatted with in various lines for rides or food. Also the characters were also still fun from a distance, like Donald liking my T- shirt and Mickey giving me an air fist bump lol. Overall, still a good time. Hoping it will be a bit more magical when I come back late next year (2022)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter