Disney Y.E.S. Program

We are planning to do the individual enrollment YES program with my homeschooled girls. It is worth it to pay youth prices for 10 & 11 yr old "kids" that Disney tickets as adults with the regular tickets - plus I think the programs will be interesting. My question: Is there a way to pay for the YES tickets with Disney gift cards? On the website, I only see a place to enter credit card information. Is there a way to call and pay with gift cards?

Also, my 11 yr old daughter will turn 12 while we are at Disney. The YES programs are for 11&under and 12-17. The program I will choose is 1-2 days before her 12th birthday and she will prefer to attend the older class. Will there be any issues with this?

When you purchase the tickets, there is a link that asks if you need the ticket numbers for fast passes. Email them and tell them you need them immediately, the should email the numbers to you. If not, just call them. They are great to work with!

Thanks! I did send the e-mail right after I ordered but it was after business hours so there might not have been anyone around to reply yet. Hopefully I'll get the info tomorrow. If not, I'll call.

We are planning to do the individual enrollment YES program with my homeschooled girls. It is worth it to pay youth prices for 10 & 11 yr old "kids" that Disney tickets as adults with the regular tickets - plus I think the programs will be interesting. My question: Is there a way to pay for the YES tickets with Disney gift cards? On the website, I only see a place to enter credit card information. Is there a way to call and pay with gift cards?

Also, my 11 yr old daughter will turn 12 while we are at Disney. The YES programs are for 11&under and 12-17. The program I will choose is 1-2 days before her 12th birthday and she will prefer to attend the older class. Will there be any issues with this?
I do not believe you can use gift cards for the YES program or tickets. I'm told they are strict on the age brackets.

No, you can't use gift cards. The program is run by a third-party vendor and payment isn't processed through Disney's payment system so they can't take gift cards.

I've also been told they're strict on the age brackets but I don't think they'd have anyway of knowing that a class is two days before the student's birthday rather than two days after. The applications of the strict enforcement I've heard about have been someone trying to get a 9 or 10 year old into the 12+ class, or trying to keep siblings together by enrolling a too-old child in the 8-11 class with a younger child in the family. In your case I'd just list DD as 12 on my reservation and enroll in the class, because I've heard from several people and seen from my own experience that kids at the very upper end of a class's age range often find it too "young".

Do they ever add classes to the schedule? We are going at the end of October and there isn't much listed yet. Nothing in Magic kingdom at all, I'd love to sign them up for How things move

Do you know how far in advance they will announce the spring 2016 student seminar? We would like to book a room with DVC points which we would probably need to do at least 6 months out, but I read you won't know until after the October session?

If I take a small school group for a YES class that is at Magic Kingdom are we stuck at Magic Kingdom all day if we do not have Park hoppers? or do we still have the option of switching parks after the class?

If I take a small school group for a YES class that is at Magic Kingdom are we stuck at Magic Kingdom all day if we do not have Park hoppers? or do we still have the option of switching parks after the class?
If you do not have park hoppers then you can't go to a different park on the same day. You do need to use a day's admission off of your tickets to get into the park on the day of your class.

thats ok we will just choose a class held at Epcot that day. No problem and glad I know now before I got too much planning done

I'm taking my 11 yr old DD to WDW from June 26 to July 9. I'm thinking of enrolling her in an Individual YES class. Previously, she has done the Animation class at HS. Our experience was somewhat mixed but the cost savings for our family of 5 was quite significant. I'll apologize in advance if these questions have been answered up thread.

1)What would the savings be for her ticket? We'd probably do the max # of days, which I believe is 8 with no add ons.
2)Are there savings for tickets for any other family member possible? The adult chaperone? Does the adult chaperone have to buy a ticket through the YES program or is it OK if they already have a ticket?
3)It looks like both Marine Life Conservation at Ep on Monday, 6/29 at 8:30am or Exploring Animal Behavior at AK on Tuesday, 7/7 are both open. Does anyone have experience with one or both of these? Is there a consensus on a preference between the two? Is it possible to do both?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

You can do a mock booking...I believe the biggest saving is her because I understand she could purchase a discounted child ticket...the other adults get very little savings anymore, something like 3%.

1)What would the savings be for her ticket? We'd probably do the max # of days, which I believe is 8 with no add ons.
2)Are there savings for tickets for any other family member possible? The adult chaperone? Does the adult chaperone have to buy a ticket through the YES program or is it OK if they already have a ticket?
3)It looks like both Marine Life Conservation at Ep on Monday, 6/29 at 8:30am or Exploring Animal Behavior at AK on Tuesday, 7/7 are both open. Does anyone have experience with one or both of these? Is there a consensus on a preference between the two? Is it possible to do both?

I can't help with the current pricing because we haven't done an individual enrollment class in a while, but as far as the classes go... My DD took the Marine Life Conservation class in Jan 2012, when she was 11. She was really interested in the subject matter (she's wanted to be a marine biologist since she was little) and she did enjoy the class, but it was a little young for her. They played a game about sea turtles to illustrate challenges to their survival, for example, which was probably better suited for the younger end of the age group. It was still a good experience, just not as substantial as she'd hoped it would be.

I'm taking my 11 yr old DD to WDW from June 26 to July 9. I'm thinking of enrolling her in an Individual YES class. Previously, she has done the Animation class at HS. Our experience was somewhat mixed but the cost savings for our family of 5 was quite significant. I'll apologize in advance if these questions have been answered up thread.

I believe the savings on the student ticket is approximately $150. (A bit more if the child is an "adult", a bit less if they are under 10.)
Ex. Regular 6 day adult PH ticket $414-- YES ticket $250

The chaperone (and anyone else not attending) are significantly less savings.
6 day PH chaperone ticket $394-- Non-attending family member $380

I am fairly certain you must purchase a YES ticket to be a chaperone. I don't think they just let you buy one student ticket alone. Also, many of the classes begin before the park opens, so you would need the YES ticket to get in with the child anyway.

Can someone please share the link to the site that lists or searches for individual y.e.s. classes by dates. I know I've seen it before, but the specific schedule is so hard to find!

Thanks!

Question about tickets for anyone who has recently participated-

When I linked the tickets to My Disney Experience, the two adult tickets had the same description. (I am attending the program, DH is not)

Is this going to be a problem if I assigned the "wrong" ticket to us? Or are the tickets really exactly the same, but they just charge a different price?

I'm assuming it wouldn't be an issue, but the class is before the park opens so I didn't want to arrive and then they don't let me in because I don't have the "chaperone" ticket linked to my MB.

I am sorry if this has been asked but, I can not find the answer! When will the 2016 dates be announced for individual enrollment? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter