Disneyland certainly is a different beast right now!

I always start my trips a little disappointed when I have to do them solo (I even offer to pay for any friend that wants to/can join me, who turns down free Disney?!) but once I’m here and single riders are running… wow, talk about a Genie! I rode Smugglers run like 7 times in a row the other day and this is my s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ third time in a row on RSR in just ten minutes 🤣

Still would have preferred a friend could have joined me for this week, but man single riders is cheating the game so much!

Last edited:
The problem with reducing the reservations that a MK can have would be for out of town folks with MK who have to fly in. We live in Texas and had the Flex Pass which was very stressful, allowing only 2 reservations at a time (but it was also VERY cheap compared to current MK and had almost no block out dates). So we would have to gamble that we could get the third and fourth park day reservations when we had entered the parks for the other two days. Reservations then were fairly easy to come by, and it always worked out for us thankfully. Would not even be possible right now with how tight the reservations are (especially for weekends). We stay at GCH most of the time, so that might mitigate the risk somewhat, but for those out of state who stay offsite, a MK with only 2 reservations would be very limited, if not prohibitive.
WDW does it by allowing length of stay extensions. --no stress -- perk of staying onsite :) Disneyland can do the same very readily.

not cheating at all. You're filling in a seat that otherwise would have gone unused.
I know, so feels like cheating though, especially when I can repeat it so quickly!

I usually don’t, except for RSR because I love it. When I repeated Smugglers it was at the end of the night and standby was only like ten minutes, I wasn’t slowing that down at all. Same with the coaster, I usually jump on that a bunch in a row when it’s almost walk on anyway… but 100% is when you’re solo 🤣

Edit: I noticed that Space Mountain seems to closed theirs by mid morning… maybe when DAS lines start to build up? (I think that exit area is the same line area for DAS). I have yet to see Indy offer it on this trip (been here since Saturday).

Guys…. How many times is it safe to ride Space Mountain in a row… theoretically…. 🤣

My daughter and I did it four times in a row walk on/maxpass a couple of years ago and survived. Would have done a 4th but the line was starting to back up and she wanted a pretzel.

The one that almost did me in was Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom this past April. We did that three in a row and my head was spinning after for a good while. It was a slow walk over to Dinoland in close proximity to a hand rail after that lol

My daughter and I did it four times in a row walk on/maxpass a couple of years ago and survived. Would have done a 4th but the line was starting to back up and she wanted a pretzel.

The one that almost did me in was Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom this past April. We did that three in a row and my head was spinning after for a good while. It was a slow walk over to Dinoland in close proximity to a hand rail after that lol
I think I hit 5 times before I had to leave so I could go feel numb with a fuzzy tauntaun (boy that makes me sound like an alcoholic 🤣 ) and now I have to go liberate the galaxy with Rise of the Resistance… hey, it worked for Han ;)

Guys…. How many times is it safe to ride Space Mountain in a row… theoretically…. 🤣

I sometimes loop Hyperspace Mountain in Hong Kong which has the same track as Space Mountain in Disneyland for an hour or two at night. After about 4 rides, I tend to alternate it with Ant Man and the Wasp which is on the other side of Tomorrowland. But the time between rides is shorter in Hong Kong because the line area is a lot shorter.

But it also depends on your tolerance for roller coasters.

Fun fact: there are a lot of people who go to Disney to ride BTMRR and other coasters because the combination of rattling, bumping, and the forces you get from riding the coasters often help dislodge stones. If you do a quick google search you'll see tons of articles about it! It really is a thing. So riding multiple times may be more than just a fun thing to do--it may be a medical procedure! :D

Fun fact: there are a lot of people who go to Disney to ride BTMRR and other coasters because the combination of rattling, bumping, and the forces you get from riding the coasters often help dislodge stones. If you do a quick google search you'll see tons of articles about it! It really is a thing. So riding multiple times may be more than just a fun thing to do--it may be a medical procedure! :D

I have no evidence to support it, but I actually think they might have broke me. About five years ago I did a week long Disney trip and did crazy stuff like ride space mountain over and over again and Incredicoaster a bunch. Abouta month later I had a bout of *horrible* vertigo. Like fall out of your chair bad. I saw an ENT and he said it likely was just a calcium crystal in the inner ear that had dislodged it’s self and rolled further out from the inner ear. They would move a little bit with my movements, but of course be delayed just ever so slightly and as they brushed against the hairs of the inner ear it would send signals to your brain of movement. Every now and then a sudden movement (tilt head back) would cause it to move a lot and the goes the room spinning. I honestly don’t know what would happen if that ever happens while driving; it happened in the shower once and I had to get down on all fours because I was worried I would fall and would risk injury. Remedy is very non-invasive and simple, Google the epley maneuver. Now maybe it was entirely unrelated and random, but I made it 31 years before this happened….

It has happened to me two or three times now over the last three years or so, but usually goes away in a day now and without a visit to the doctor…

Either way I’ll ride them 100 times 🤣

Another day at Disney, another stop by Carthay Circle Alfresco.

Everyone feels new. That’s not to say they’re all bad, but they ball seem mighty unsure about themselves. Not just today, but at most places. Almost every time I’ve had a host have to ask someone else (lead) to figure out which table was what number. They can’t be changing it frequently, which is a comment I heard from one of them “oh they keep changing it around, just a second.”

Last night I was going to be seated at a table for 6-8 as a solo guest when there was a table right next to it that could seat two, I pointed at it and said I would rather sit there so I didn’t hog a big table, my host showed the ticket to someone else and they immediately pointed at the 2 top table….

I had two different times my order was put in wrong, quickly fixed though and I didn’t really mind. Then just now they tried to serve me some other tables food and when I said “nope, not mine” they looked very confused until they asked someone else.

I know people are important, I know they have a huge value, but I’m a little surprised so much of the Disney absolute picture perfect detail was down to the staff. They must be rushing training or essentially skipping training if someone has “restaurant experience.”

Again, this are still enjoyable. Food taste amazing (kitchen staff aren’t new? 🤣) but it’s so weird seeing “normal” issues when previous years it was well oiled… food came out crazy fast, servers were super knowledgeable about menus and what the kitchen could/couldn’t do to accommodate dining restrictions, etc.

Maybe I’ll send Disney executives a bottle of oil with a note that they’re still not there…

Another day at Disney, another stop by Carthay Circle Alfresco.

Everyone feels new. That’s not to say they’re all bad, but they ball seem mighty unsure about themselves. Not just today, but at most places. Almost every time I’ve had a host have to ask someone else (lead) to figure out which table was what number. They can’t be changing it frequently, which is a comment I heard from one of them “oh they keep changing it around, just a second.”

Last night I was going to be seated at a table for 6-8 as a solo guest when there was a table right next to it that could seat two, I pointed at it and said I would rather sit there so I didn’t hog a big table, my host showed the ticket to someone else and they immediately pointed at the 2 top table….

I had two different times my order was put in wrong, quickly fixed though and I didn’t really mind. Then just now they tried to serve me some other tables food and when I said “nope, not mine” they looked very confused until they asked someone else.

I know people are important, I know they have a huge value, but I’m a little surprised so much of the Disney absolute picture perfect detail was down to the staff. They must be rushing training or essentially skipping training if someone has “restaurant experience.”

Again, this are still enjoyable. Food taste amazing (kitchen staff aren’t new? 🤣) but it’s so weird seeing “normal” issues when previous years it was well oiled… food came out crazy fast, servers were super knowledgeable about menus and what the kitchen could/couldn’t do to accommodate dining restrictions, etc.

Maybe I’ll send Disney executives a bottle of oil with a note that they’re still not there…

Something similar happened to my family last week at River Belle Terrace. We ordered our food and waited…and waited…and waited some more. Finally our server approached our table, apologized for the delay and said our food was delivered to the wrong table. We were in a rush to begin with because our boarding group had been called for ROTR. Barely made it back to the ride in time but then it they proceeded to break down. We did end up getting a portion of our meal comped but the server forgot to give my husband back his credit card and of course we we were in a rush for ROTR so he didn’t realize it until much later when we tried to buy merch in Galaxy’s Edge 😳. Back to the restaurant we went…luckily his card was there. But it was just another layer that was frustrating.

Something similar happened to my family last week at River Belle Terrace. We ordered our food and waited…and waited…and waited some more. Finally our server approached our table, apologized for the delay and said our food was delivered to the wrong table. We were in a rush to begin with because our boarding group had been called for ROTR. Barely made it back to the ride in time but then it they proceeded to break down. We did end up getting a portion of our meal comped but the server forgot to give my husband back his credit card and of course we we were in a rush for ROTR so he didn’t realize it until much later when we tried to buy merch in Galaxy’s Edge 😳. Back to the restaurant we went…luckily his card was there. But it was just another layer that was frustrating.
Ahhhh!!! I forgot again to get my Rise boarding pass!!!

They are still very much in recovery mode from that year of shut down.

I'm not going back to the parks post-shutdown until February, but I can't imagine shutting down an operation this large for over a year and then trying to get right back into the swing of things. Not making excuses for Disney as many complaints are totally valid, but I think it'll be a while still before we get an operation that looks anything like "normal".

Ahhhh!!! I forgot again to get my Rise boarding pass!!!
Lol!! I did the same thing the other day, was literally sitting in Monorail at 12noon, but looked at time 2 seconds too late- and of course gone. I gotta remember to set my phone alarm clock/reminder. :)

I'm not going back to the parks post-shutdown until February, but I can't imagine shutting down an operation this large for over a year and then trying to get right back into the swing of things. Not making excuses for Disney as many complaints are totally valid, but I think it'll be a while still before we get an operation that looks anything like "normal".
I agree. Just stating that they still are in that mode, despite capacity (seemingly) being back to normal, APs being sold again, all attractions and restaurants being open, etc. There must still be a huge amount going on behind the scenes still. I know at their quarterly results calls they keep mentioning they should be fully staffed by the end of the year, but I suspect it’ll be another six months to a year after that before the “Disney polish” is largely back… that’s assuming they bring back whatever extensive training programs they have, or take time to focus on fill in training in areas that got missed during the rush to restart.

Lol!! I did the same thing the other day, was literally sitting in Monorail at 12noon, but looked at time 2 seconds too late- and of course gone. I gotta remember to set my phone alarm clock/reminder. :)
I keep messing up with my DCA start days and forgetting I can only make WS boarding pass even though in my mind I’m for sure heading over to Disneyland once park hopping time rolls around… then something out of the blue will remind me about BGs between 12:15 and 1pm and of course they’re gone…

Two more days out of my eight day Disney… Saturday and Sunday and both will be Disneyland starts… hopefully each time I can get a Rise pass, 50% of my days getting on Rise will be good, but way worse than I personally thought I would do!

I keep messing up with my DCA start days and forgetting I can only make WS boarding pass even though in my mind I’m for sure heading over to Disneyland once park hopping time rolls around… then something out of the blue will remind me about BGs between 12:15 and 1pm and of course they’re gone…

Two more days out of my eight day Disney… Saturday and Sunday and both will be Disneyland starts… hopefully each time I can get a Rise pass, 50% of my days getting on Rise will be good, but way worse than I personally thought I would do!
Set an alarm on your phone for 0655 and 1155am. May the force be with you!

I was really hoping that the reservation system would help with crowds. But it sounds like the parks are at full capacity, but with not enough CMs. Also sounds like it's still hard to get food and the standby lines are super long. I've been waiting for our early December trip for so long but I half wonder if we should put it off until May when things are running a bit more smoothly.

I can only speak for us and our day.
We went yesterday (Thursday, Oct 21).
We were through the turnstile at 745.

We did 17 things, plus table service, two quick services, met up with friends, and saw the Disneyland Band… all before we left at 8:45pm. That included waiting in the Rise queue for an extra 30 minutes because it broke down.

Having said that, we went in with low expectations. It was busy, but not elbow-to-elbow. We did Rise, Haunted Mansion, Matterhorn, PP, Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr Toad, Dumbo, DLRR, autopia, monorail, Star Tours, Buzz, Casey Jr., Canal Boats, IASW, Jungle Cruise.

We were pleased with our day. If shows and parades come back, that will help suck people out of ride lines.

(Granted, I looked back in my notes and found a day in 2017 where we did 27 attractions before 6pm… but THAT was a particularly good day (that included being the Toy Story Parking guest of the day.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter