• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Dining Party Size

Angie1437

Earning My Ears
I'm about to make an online reservation, but had a question. Do I include a barely 1 year old in the party size? I wont be ordering her food, just probably giving her some of mine since she really is a small snacker throughout the day, but she will be taking up a seating area, hopefully with a high chair. Thanks

I would include if you need a high chair. If it's a buffet I wouldn't bother. Have fun!

Yes because she will still affect the size of the table you'll need.

Yes. I include my 3 mos old grandson. Otherwise, you may have an issue with the size of the table. If there are 6 plus the baby, and you only put down 6, the table reserved for you will likely be a straight 6 top, then you will need to be reseated to a 7-8 top to make room. Unless you plan on having the child strictly on a lap, include them in your count. You won't be billed for them.

Yes. I called for my Sept 6th reservations and they included my 1yr old in the count. A high chair takes up the same amount of space as a regular chair, so they need to be aware and make the room.

Yes, you need to include everyone regardless of their age, whether they'll be eating or not, etc. It's so they can properly size your table, and it's also so they can stay within the firecode capacity of the restaurant.

Yes, include the non-eating child in your reservation. They need a headcount for the reservation. Any reservation that you make on-line will only allow you to select # of guests and then on your confirmation it will say # of adults, but it doesn't matter if they are adults or children. For example, when we make reservation for our family of 2 adults and 2 kids, it says 4 adults. Then, when we check in we just tell the hostess 2 adults and 2 children. They always asked us the ages of the children, so in your case you would say 1 for the baby, and then if it's a character meal or WOC or Fantasmic meal, you wouldn't have to pay. When we went to Ariel's Grotto when DS was under 3, we weren't charged for him and he was given a portion of Mac n cheese for free (and it was a very generous helping.)

You should include her even if she isn't eating. But remember that Disneyland doesn't really "reserve" a table for you. So even with a reservation you may have to wait for a table that fits your party. It just means you get seated before walk-ups and you will be seated where as walk-ups could be turned away during busy seasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter