• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Hotel - Which tower and view should I request?

parkcitygal

Earning My Ears
Hi! We just booked a room at Disneyland Hotel and I wanted to know the best view to request. Also, which tower should we ask for? We don't know if its possible to see the fireworks from our room. If so, I'd like to request a room so we can see them. If not, is there anything else worth seeing? Thanks in advance for your help! :flower:

Sierra Tower offers the best location and views in my opinion. It is the closest to the parks. One side of the tower faces the Neverland Pool area and the other side faces DTD. You should be able to see the Fireworks from many rooms on the DTD side. Most rooms in the Sierra Tower are considered view room and therefore cost more. The Marina Tower offers view room facing the Neverland pool. The other side faces the front parking lot, but also offer partial views of DL. I could see the fireworks from a standard, low-floor room in the Marina Tower. The Bonita Tower is the farthest from the park. Again, one side faces towards the Neverland pool, although the pool is not directly in front of this tower. Instead, there are koi ponds and pleasant little water falls (at least there were the last time I was there; did I hear they were remodeling this area?) I believe you can even see the fireworks from some of the high floor rooms on this side of the Bonita Tower, but from most rooms, the view of DL fireworks would be at least partially blocked by the Sierra Tower. The other side of the Bonita Tower is the least interesting. It looks towards the Paradise Pier Hotel and parking areas.
If you have a view room and want fireworks view, I would request Sierra Tower, fireworks view. If you have a standard view, you can probably request Marina Tower, Fireworks view. Have fun!

There's a separate firework shows during busy times (Seasonally, which generally means holiday periods, summertime, spring breaks, etc. ) You aren't going to see much of the Fantasmic Fireworks from the hotel since the Fantasmic fireworks are fairly low and limited.

I didn't know you could request a fireworks view. When I talked to the first Disney reservations rep, she told me you couldn't see the fireworks from any of the properties. So she recommended an upper pool view in Marina tower. The next rep didn't have a clue. :confused3 So I'm glad I'm getting advice on this board. Before I got any of these responses, I just requested Sierra Tower, Downtown Disney view. Should I change that? If they don't know what the "fireworks view" is, what other landmark should I get so I'm sure I'm facing the correct direction? Thanks!

The Sierra Tower is definitely the best for both view and proximity to the parks. Keep in mind though, that the Downtown Disney view will definitely be more noisy, even if you are on a high floor.

If you have a DTD view in Sierra Tower that should also be a fireworks view. When I called for my reservation they quoted me a price about $45 higher for any room in Sierra Tower. If you booked a standard room then you will probably not be in Sierra Tower, even if you listed that as a preference as requests are not guaranteed.

We have booked a 2 bedroom suite. I requested a DTD view, I know nothing is guaranteed but I hope so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter