• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris

Admiral

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

visiting DLP in January for 4 nights with my DW and dd who is 4. We are staying at the Newport Bay and are just looking for any suggestions and tips to help us make the most of our stay. Any advice much appreciated, thanks.

This thread might help a bit.

My tips are -

Pack a hat and your thermals - it can get VERY cold.

Take it slowly, and stop often for hot chocolate!

Go to the Blue Lagoon even just to have a desert - it's a lovely place to visit. It's especially nice on a cold winters day!!

Can you tell I only visit DLP in the winter! :teeth:

Have a great trip. :D

Hi Admiral.

I just wanted to second what Becky said. We were in DLP in December last year and it was sooo cold - I believe around -5. We still had a great time though and we found that because it was so cold, the parks emptied out early in the afternoon so if you can hack it you can pretty much walk on to whatever you want. We walked onto Pirates 6 times during our stay!! (Yes, it is my favourite).

I've never been over New Year, so it may be considerably busier, but I still think the cold puts a lot of people off.

Second Becky again on the hot chocolate - we drank so much of it but it keeps you going.

And visit Pirates and Small World often - they are relatively easy to get on, and it will warm you up!!

Have great fun planning and on your trip.

Arieljasmine princess:

Becky - what a great idea! I've wanted to eat at the Blue Lagoon but the menu looked pricey and not to interesting for my daughter. Having just dessert is a great idea! Will they frown on this or is it acceptable?

As for traveling with a 4 year old in the winter - we were there last January, and while granted, my daughter was 12, we still both love the fantasyland rides, and we really appreciated that there were NO LINES! Your and your little one will have a fantastic time despite the cold! Not having to stand in line for Peter Pan, Dumbo, and etc. will more than make up for it. And as others have already mentioned, there's always hot chocolate and plenty of indoor attractions. We bought our APs when we were there in January and they came with a bunch of Fast Passes that could be used any time (unlike the usual fast pass which has a certain time slot and day). We did not use a single one! There simply was no need, because, (am I repeating myself) there were NO LINES for anything. So bundle up that 4 year old and have a blast. If you have specific questions, keep them coming!
Jody

Jodyb - I honestly don't know what they would think of the "just desert" idea, I've not actually done it myself! :o But I'm sure if you went in at non peak eating hours, you wouldn't have a problem. When we ate there it was very quiet - I sure they would welcome any custom with open arms!!

arialjasmine - great tip about riding POTC. It's the BEST ride on a cold day. The warmest area is the queueing bit, it's lovely. So walk through very slowly if you need to warm up a bit. :D

if you can have a look for some of my trip reports, me and my gf stayed at the newport in september, should tell you a bit about it as well as fotos of the room(photobucket permitting)

have a great time the newport bay is outstanding!!!

It's the BEST ride on a cold day

Just don't do what I did on a cold February day - sit on the POTC seat before looking and sit in a large pool of water :o

I spent the rest of the day with a very chilly behind LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter