Disneyland Paris

SJCSuzy

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Hi Everybody,

I know some of you have been to Disneyland Paris, so I have a few questions. We are going in a few weeks and using our points to stay at the Newport Bay Hotel. We are flying into CDG (Chairles de Gaulle-Roissy) airport and are looking for suggestions about transportation to the park. Have any of you used the TGV from the airport to DLP? Can you give me any info on it? We've come across the info on the VEA bus but were curious about something faster.

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Suzy,
I was at Disney Paris last year in October, strange to be at disney in big bulky sweaters. We had been in Paris prior to Disney, and took the subway system out to the park. That took about an hour. Returning to the airport if I remember correctly we used their transportation, very simple. My only advice, if you opt for another mode of transport, we flew CDG to EWR (Newark) and check in took almost 2hours (and our luggage didn't make it, nightmare).

We enjoyed ourselves very much, stayed at the Sequoia I believe it was. The pool in the hotel (different builiding) was great. And all the food was fabulous!

Have a great trip!
:jester:

It's a short distance from CDG to DLP. The TGV wouldn't even get up to speed LOL. I think you can get the domestic/suburban train services from the airport but if there is a bus it isn't going to take more than 10-15 minutes.

You can take either the train or a shuttle bus

I think the VEA shuttle is easier since you won't have to worry about the hassle of changing trains going from C2 line to the A4 line. The bus trip to the airport from DLP took about 45 minutes, we left from Degaulle, we came in via the Eurostar from London right into DLP. When we took the bus to the airport, we bought our tickets from the driver, the bus picked us up outside our Hotel (NY) but stopped at all the other hotels too.

Here is the site you can get a pdf file of the Paris public transport maps

http://www.ratp.fr/Eng/Pla_q/f_pla.htm

and

http://www.paris.org/Metro/gifs/rer01.map.jpg

Here are directions:
From the Paris airports

Transfer by VEA shuttle
A shuttle service (VEA) is available for your
comfort, connecting both Paris airports
directly on a regular basis, 7 days a week,
with the Disneyland® Paris hotels (except
for the Davy Crockett Ranch®). Follow the
"VEA Navettes Disneyland® Paris" signs to
use them.

From Orly to Disneyland® Paris:
daily every 45 minutes from 8.30 to 19.45.
Friday: additional departures at 20.30, 21.15 and 21.45.

The RER: the most direct access to the kingdom of dreams...

From Paris, RER line A takes you fast to the
heart of Disneyland® Paris... In just 35 minutes,
you can be at the gates of a fairytale land
where all your dreams come true! Just get out at
the end of the line, Marne la Vallée / Chessy
station, 100 metres from the gates of
Disneyland® Park.

Norm is it 45 minutes from DLP to Charles De Gaulle Airport , or is that because of stopping at ALL the DLP hotels, I'd have thought it was at least 5 minutes per hotel?.

Granted I drove it, but I was sure it wasn't more than 20 minutes.

The TGV takes about 10 minutes. You just get to sit down and you're already there ;)
I don't know if you can use it for such a short journey though, the website didn't give this possibility.

Also it might take you longer to get a ticket and wait for the train than to take the bus, and the bus will drop you at your hotel, with the train you still need to transfer.

JJ Penguin

it was around 30-45 minutes once we left the last hotel, the bus made a few stops at the airport depending on the airline you needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter