Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Regarding the possible extension of the multi-day ticket expiration dates:
This recent post is from the Official December Check In Thread. Disney has not made any official announcement about this yet.

I heard something depressing the other day that I've been keeping to myself because I didn't want it to be true. On a facebook live that Get Away Today did on Tuesday, they said that they had been told by their Disney rep, that 2019 ticket expirations would not be extended:headache::mad:. They are not ones to be throwing out mistruths, so sadly, I am inclined to think that they really were told this by Disney. I just seriously cannot believe that Disney wouldn't make it right with those of us who are holding tickets, but who knows what's to come:confused3.

• Sad
Reactions: EmJ
Regarding the possible extension of the multi-day ticket expiration dates:
This recent post is from the Official December Check In Thread. Disney has not made any official announcement about this yet.
The post you quoted said "2019 ticket expirations would not be extended " was that a typo? Passes set to expire this January would be 2021 expirations. I see no reason to extend passes that would have expired in January 2019 or January 2020.

I find it really hard to believe that Disney won't extend the expiration of tickets bought before the parks closed. Espcecially now that it is getting closer and closer to the passes expiration date. Back in March, when it was thought that this might only be a few weeks/months, I could see them not extended them. But now that it is likely to be less than 3 month between reopening and passes expiring, they almost certainly will extend them (hopefully to 1/22)
Fingers crossed. I would take even just an extra 6 months to get us through spring break and the first half of the summer.

The post you quoted said "2019 ticket expirations would not be extended " was that a typo? Passes set to expire this January would be 2021 expirations. I see no reason to extend passes that would have expired in January 2019 or January 2020.
I think that poster is referring to tickets purchased in 2019 which were set to expire in January of 2021. The gist of that post is that, apparently, Disney is not budging on domestic multi-day tickets (non-promotional) -- they have not extended that expiration date and GAT says that they don't intend to do so now.

It feels like a million years ago, but I bought our tickets in May 2019. They have an expiration date of January 12, 2021. We planned our vacation for March 2020. I was trying to buy before SWGE opened to avoid what then felt like an inevitable price hike. I remember telling my mom, "It's no big deal, we just have to go before 2021!" Hahaha. It's so funny it hurts 😣

I think that poster is referring to tickets purchased in 2019 which were set to expire in January of 2021. The gist of that post is that, apparently, Disney is not budging on domestic multi-day tickets (non-promotional) -- they have not extended that expiration date and GAT says that they don't intend to do so now.
Guess I'll play my "bad mom" card and keep the boy out of school an extra four days at the end of Christmas break. Otherwise, if we have to wait for non-reservation entry... that could be a long time.

ETA: That will leave a very bad taste in my mouth though. It is not good customer service at all.

It feels like a million years ago, but I bought our tickets in May 2019. They have an expiration date of January 12, 2021. We planned our vacation for March 2020.
I am always to afraid too buy in advance. The last couple times I have gone I bought the tickets the night before we left. But when I thought about the "what ifs" that might make me have to delay a trip a global pandemic closing the parks for a year was never on my radar.

Lol, thanks. My parents wouldn't let us miss so much as an hour of school for recreation. The idea that you can just... take them out and go on vacation... is kind of mind blowing to me.
But in this case -- "unprecedented" changes everything -- school goes with you! Totally different than it was when we were little. My parents, too, would have been appalled at the idea of missing school for something FUN.

I am always to afraid too buy in advance. The last couple times I have gone I bought the tickets the night before we left. But when I thought about the "what ifs" that might make me have to delay a trip a global pandemic closing the parks for a year was never on my radar.
This is/was our first Disneyland trip. You know what KILLS me? We were supposed to go March 2. I moved it to March 30 for nonessential reasons, just because I thought it would be a slightly better time. I think about that a lot. If I had just kept our original days, we would have gone and come back before it closed.

I have no idea whether DL is still refunding multiday tickets. They were at one point, but I decided not to do it because I thought it would give us a reservation advantage. I guess if they don't extend the expiration dates, I will also wonder whether we can get a refund and try again in a few years.

... I have no idea whether DL is still refunding multiday tickets. They were at one point, but I decided not to do it because I thought it would give us a reservation advantage. I guess if they don't extend the expiration dates, I will also wonder whether we can get a refund and try again in a few years.
Call to ask about a refund. The wait times on the phone are much shorter now. It can't hurt to ask about this.

This is probably the wrong group to ask 😂 , but what are people's thoughts on taking a kindergartener out of school for an entire week? My son's 6th birthday is just after our tickets expire. He would think he'd died and gone to heaven to get an early birthday present in Disneyland, if it ever opens again. But it would be a full week out of school....

ETA: I looked and he has the 18th off. So it would be 4 days out of school following a 3-day weekend.
I missed school frequently (about once a year) for trips to Disneyland. We never went in the summer, so it was always in October or December that we'd miss a week or so of school. I'm now completing my master's, so those days out didn't have a detrimental impact educationally. What did have an impact were the TONS of memories that were made on those trips. School will always be there, family time is finite. I say - do it!!! You both deserve it. :o

This is/was our first Disneyland trip. You know what KILLS me? We were supposed to go March 2. I moved it to March 30
That bites. I’m sorry.

And as to taking your child out of school for Disneyland. I did it several times (once for 11 school days, right before Christmas break for our first and only trip to WDW). I only stopped when my oldest hit middle school.

Good morning everyone! I am waking up with all kinds of new questions, lol. I looked last night and hotel availability is not open for 2021. When would we expect to see that happen in a normal year?

Good morning everyone! I am waking up with all kinds of new questions, lol. I looked last night and hotel availability is not open for 2021. When would we expect to see that happen in a normal year?
That's what we're waiting on for early January. It was supposed to open end of August, so it's behind. I talked with a CM who thought end of September, but still nothing. I just wish they'd open it up so we could have things locked in.

Fingers crossed for an update today now that the pressure is heating up!

Also still not seeing the hotel discount on the website yet...
Is there a standard time for these Tuesday news conferences?

I'm all over the place today, lol. Now considering Thanksgiving week and ready to pull the trigger on PPH just as soon as Newsom says the word "open" 😂

Is there a standard time for these Tuesday news conferences?

I'm all over the place today, lol. Now considering Thanksgiving week and ready to pull the trigger on PPH just as soon as Newsom says the word "open" 😂
Tuesdays are normal Dr Ghaly. He gives updates on the counties that move tiers. He gave the green light for nail salons to reopen indoors statewide under the strictest color. So there could be a slight chance he mentions theme parks...but I feel like Newsom would do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter