Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

This sounds like a hot mess express 🤦🏾‍♀️

Oh well, let’s cross our fingers for tomorrow. The coronacoaster is about to go crazy I assume...

Sure be interesting to see what happens tomorrow... I’m not holding my breath.

Off to circle back to researching WDW again.. 😅
I’m holding my breath! What shocking move is next in this drama? Basically I’ve finally gotten over mad and moved full on into popcorn::

(I fully endorse a WDW trip as I think having a WDW trip on my books for Nov is keeping me sane through this Disneyland Depression!)

I'm on the phone with customer service right now seeing about a refund on my tickets. Whatever is going on tonight is not good, and it's become super obvious we are not going to DL before our tickets' expiration date of January 12, 2021... or at all in 2021.... Will update if they approve the refund.

ETA: Refund approved. Took about 5 minutes. It's bittersweet.

Last edited:
Why are theme parks different than ski resorts or Yosemite? Or even malls or restaurants? I don’t get it.

I feel like I’m living in bizarro world.
I am an out of state visitor and yes, I've visited twice since March and I just don't see how everything else that's allowed is allowed... but theme parks are not.

That's why I feel like the governor is deliberately being difficult on this one thing (perhaps there are others I don't know about).

Why are theme parks different than ski resorts or Yosemite? Or even malls or restaurants? I don’t get it.

What I don't get is why Knott's can move merrily along holding food festivals, and that's OK, but add some rides (many of which are outside), and that's not?

Knott's is on its third food festival so far, and you would think that someone would notice if there had been a spike in cases due to people visiting the park.

Because people hear “Disney” and their brain sees this, and no amount of explaining that it doesn’t have to be like this gets through. Disney’s business model of gathering more and more and more people together every day until the parks are bursting is now killing it. But I agree there are so many logical inconsistencies in coronavirus response, it’s maddening. 0569FD73-56C9-4DCE-A44E-B6D6C5E16078.jpeg

Because people hear “Disney” and their brain sees this, and no amount of explaining that it doesn’t have to be like this gets through. Disney’s business model of gathering more and more and more people together every day until the parks are bursting is now killing it. But I agree there are so many logical inconsistencies in coronavirus response, it’s maddening. View attachment 529381

Unfortunately, this picture matches public perception for those who don’t visit often.

For those of us that do, we know that Disneyland does not look like is on an average day. And we would always visit ‘peak’ times of year. This looks like a New Years Eve picture.

ETA: I wish people would just listen and realize the whole ‘limited capacity’ is going to prevent this entirely. Bahhh, it makes me crazy.

Unfortunately, this picture matches public perception for those who don’t visit often.

For those of us that do, we know that Disneyland does not look like is on an average day. And we would always visit ‘peak’ times of year. This looks like a New Years Eve picture.
I know. I just think perception is having an outsize influence right now.

suspicious, maybe these guidelines will really drop tonight :/
I think they’ve basically already been leaked. When the theme parks come out and say what they did + someone leaks Iger’s resignation from the govenor’s task force- the parks know for sure what the rules are. And they are so bad nothing is literally better.

My only wonder- is the Yellow tier rumor right? It’s pretty obvious the radius rumor is correct at this point (and the parks are not happy about it so it probably confirms the idea that’s not exactly gonna be profitable...)

I get the perception that Disney=crowds...but have they not seen reports of WDW?! It’s not crowded at all and they have a reservation system, so it’s not even a free for all. 🤦🏾‍♀️

*also yes I know crowds are picking up with WDW, but it’s still nowhere near as crowded as a typical day. You can tell capacity is still low*

I get the perception that Disney=crowds...but have they not seen reports of WDW?! It’s not crowded at all and they have a reservation system, so it’s not even a free for all. 🤦🏾‍♀️

*also yes I know crowds are picking up with WDW, but it’s still nowhere near as crowded as a typical day. You can tell capacity is still low*
I had to explain to someone close to me the protocols after telling them I want to go to WDW later this year. To my surprise they were definitely still under the impression they were operating like they used to. (To their credit when I told them about the various WDW protocols they listened. And they are fine with the idea now. But now I realize they were open to the idea it might be possible to Theme Park right now- if one isn’t open to the idea at all to start with no protocol on earth will make it happen 😔 )

I was at WDW 2 weeks ago and agree. Actual waits were shorter than what was posted and lines moved quickly with no FPs coming in to slow it down. The only time the lines stopped was if we hit a cleaning cycle. I booked another trip for early November which would be my 3rd trip since they reopened.

Depending on how the news goes tomorrow we might need a thread for Disneyland folks to plan with other Disneyland folks on how to switch our trips to WDW... 🤩

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter