Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

i wonder if wdw isn't doing the virtual queues because they are utiki zing the FP lanes as additional wait areas. With the current reduced attendance they may not feel they need it. So you have 100 people waiting in the normal line and 100 in the FP line. Nearly every ride at wdw as a FP line. DL is where I think they will need the virtual queue. You just can’t distance that many people in the line for Peter Pan.

Oh it’s too early. And the masks are gross. I bought a box of crappy surgical masks that literally do nothing protection wise, but at least they’ll let us in should we decide to go to DLR for our September trip. It’s impossible to avoid cross contamination with masks unless you’re throwing them away or washing after each use. So that’s what we plan on doing.

I was really hoping Disneyland would stay closed until September, because honestly, after schools open, all bets are off and I don’t really think Disneyland is more dangerous than a school.
There’s a chance schools may not reopen.

I bought a ticket for my friend through GAT. I didn't think about it when I was purchasing, thinking it would ask me later for her name and it didn't so the voucher came in my name. I called them and they told me it was fine, the name on the voucher didn't matter. I am linking it to my account now and want to make sure of this as it says I can't change it later: I put it in her name, correct? Even though the voucher came addressed to me?

Edited to add: I don't want to do something that revokes the voucher and I want to be able to make park reservations when the time comes, which sounds like it will be soon. We have an onsite reservation.

Highly doubtful. At least here in San Diego County.
I meant fully. In the Bay Area there is talk of 2 or 3 days in school and some homeschooling. In order to social distance. That will lead a lot of parents to take the kids to Disney for long weekends in the off season.

I meant fully. In the Bay Area there is talk of 2 or 3 days in school and some homeschooling. In order to social distance. That will lead a lot of parents to take the kids to Disney for long weekends in the off season.
I know this is a little OT, but I wonder how that works if you have working parents in the home?

I know this is a little OT, but I wonder how that works if you have working parents in the home?
It will be a nightmare, honestly. This is being discussed all over the country, including in my state. In reality, some kids will go to daycares, neighbors’ houses, or grandma’s. Some might have nannies. Older kids might stay home alone or hang out with friends. Some kids will watch a LOT of television (our current plan). Some parents will work late into the night and on weekends to try and keep up (also our current plan). Some parents might have to quit their jobs.

Though, my school district superintendent said at the last board meeting that current guidance from the health department is that it may be RISKIER to do a hybrid schedule than 5 days per week in school, BECAUSE OF the high probability that kids will be interacting with other children from outside the school at daycares, social activities, etc., on their days “off”. I’m following this issue really, really closely (even more closely than Disneyland updates, ha!) and honestly think we will see most kids return to school 5 days per week, except perhaps in the worst hit areas, which will probably have to use full-time distance learning. The alternatives just aren’t practical when you start getting into the nitty gritty. The hybrid schedule is a huge problem for teachers too, who would have to teach in person and online and likely have their own kids. Plus, you aren’t keeping anyone that much safer if the same teacher is in front of both cohorts of kids each week.

Last edited:
Plus, you aren’t keeping anyone that much safer if the same teacher is in front of both cohorts of kids each week.

Bingo. This was my thought when I read our school’s hybrid plan.

I’m very fortunate to be working from home for the rest of the year (I’m going to be so socially awkward once this is over) so I’m considering homeschooling/virtual learning. My district is providing it for those that want it.

But definitely a good point this might make people more inclined to travel/visit Disney. To be honest, this is the main reason we can come during Halloweentime. I teach at a college and normally wouldn’t be able to take off work. And if the kids home as well.... makes it easier to go whenever we want to go.

Reactions: EmJ
I bought a ticket for my friend through GAT. I didn't think about it when I was purchasing, thinking it would ask me later for her name and it didn't so the voucher came in my name. I called them and they told me it was fine, the name on the voucher didn't matter. I am linking it to my account now and want to make sure of this as it says I can't change it later: I put it in her name, correct? Even though the voucher came addressed to me?

Edited to add: I don't want to do something that revokes the voucher and I want to be able to make park reservations when the time comes, which sounds like it will be soon. We have an onsite reservation.
Yes and Yes. The new ticket is your friend’s ticket so link it to her name.

This is interesting... I had purchased family PHs through UCT. The individual "tickets" (the ones that are an entire page, with a barcode across the top) have each family member's name on it, but when I added them to my app they all ended up with MY name on them (I have an AP already). I hope that doesn't cause a problem if we ever get to actually go.

This is interesting... I had purchased family PHs through UCT. The individual "tickets" (the ones that are an entire page, with a barcode across the top) have each family member's name on it, but when I added them to my app they all ended up with MY name on them (I have an AP already). I hope that doesn't cause a problem if we ever get to actually go.
That's the kind of thing that worries me these days. I wouldn't have given it much thought before. I hope it works out fine for you, and if you bring a copy of the vouchers with the separate names on them I would think you'd be fine.

So here is a question for everyone. In looking at the list of available experiences at WDW, it looks like most of SGWE will be closed. Although MF:SR, ROTR, Droid Depot, and Dok Onder's will be open, the following are not listed as opening:

Black Spire Outfitters
First Order Cargo
Resistance Supply
Creature Stall
Toydarian Toymaker's
Savi's Workshop

Oga's is still unknown unless there is a list of dining options I don't know about.

I understand why Savi's is closed (small, no windows, etc.), but why close all the merch shops? My guesses are either (1) margins were too low on the merchandise to justify the cost of staffing; or (2) supply chains have been disrupted. Though, if Dok Onder's is operational, that may undercut the supply chain theory as I'm pretty sure it all comes from the same one or two countries. I'm also really surprised the Creature Stall isn't opening.

I'm glad ROTR and MF:SR will be running, but unless they can get, at minimum, Docking Bay 7, Ronto's Roasters, the Milk Stand, and one other thing (Oga's, ideally, or Kat Saka's or something) open, it almost won't be worth it. What are you supposed to walk around and tour?

I bought from UCT too and that happened with ours but I made sure to change the name in the app because it automatically defaulted to my name, even though the print out said my family members names. Weird!

Only the Attractions and Shop lists have been released for the 4 parks.

All Disney shops at DSprings have opened and some of those in the Co-Op are quite small like the ones in SWGE.

I’d just wait for more Shops and Dining to be released as they are completely different departments than Attractions and Shows.

Last edited:
Only the Attractions and Shop lists have been released for the 4 parks.

All Disney shops at DSprings have opened and some of those in the Co-Op are quite small like the ones in SWGE.

I’d just wait for more Shops and Dining to be released as they are completely different departments than Attractions and Shows.
Ohhhhhhh. Is Dok-Ondar’s considered an “attraction” and not a “shop”? I’m confused.

So who wants to wager on when we will hear the official thumbs up or thumbs down from the State of California? We will have to hear something prior to the 17th... either “we’re on” or “were delayed”. Next week? One week before? July 16th at midnight?
July 3rd.

What??? That seems crazy. I thought every ride would have a virtual queue.

I never expected them to use virtual queues. They want people in lines (masked & distanced), not crowding walk ways.

Ohhhhhhh. Is Dok-Ondar’s considered an “attraction” and not a “shop”? I’m confused.
It’s a shop.

All the little shops in SWGE comprise an open air mall. Was discussing with rteetz if merchandise might be moved to Tatooine Traders which is a larger SW shop. Because DL has Star Traders, maybe all SW merchandise will be moved there.

It’s a shop.

All the little shops in SWGE comprise an open air mall. Was discussing with rteetz if merchandise might be moved to Tatooine Traders which is a larger SW shop. Because DL has Star Traders, maybe all SW merchandise will be moved there.
I did see that Tatooine Traders was open. Without all the shops to visit, I’m still not sure that leaves much to do in SWGE though. Two rides and one shop, and a couple of photo opportunities.

I did see that Tatooine Traders was open. Without all the shops to visit, I’m still not sure that leaves much to do in SWGE though. Two rides and one shop, and a couple of photo opportunities.
I see what you are saying....but also think about how amazing the theming is in SWGE. It’s incredible!! It’s totally worth hanging out in. So many cool photos and to walk around without a ton of other people is a major plus. I still can’t get over walking in and seeing the Millennium Falcon. Yes, it would be a bit of a bummer to miss all the stuff. But it’s also a great excuse to come back again ;)

Although MF:SR, ROTR, Droid Depot, and Dok Onder's will be open, the following are not listed as opening:

Were you looking at WDW website at this? Or was it somewhere else that I missed? It could be that perhaps the website hasn’t updated yet.

The marketplace in SWGE is small and some of the shops are tiny. And they’re some of the best ones too... But it really is one of the best parts of SWGE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter