Disneyland Short Escape Cruise Transfer Questions

jimmymc

Professional Adventurer!
Since Disney pairs up the short escapes with cruises out of San Diego, I was wondering how the transfer from Grand Cal to the port worked. Did everyone ride together or were they separate cars? What time did you leave the hotel and arrive at port? Do you get any sort of priority check-in or boarding?

Bump! We are doing a land then sea vacation - what is the best way to get from DL to San Diego port if we don't have a car?

Bump! We are doing a land then sea vacation - what is the best way to get from DL to San Diego port if we don't have a car?
I would suggest a one-way car rental. Enterprise has an office in the Disneyland Pixar Pier hotel, (though it still shows up in Enferprise system as Paradise Pier Hotel). Cost is approx $100. The rental desk is open 0800-1700, you could either pick it up afternoon before or morning of your cruise date. The closest return office to the cruise terminal in San Diego is about a 15-20 minute walk.

You can drop family and luggage either at the terminal or else at a little deli directly across the street, have one person return the car and then walk back. I’ve done this before, a one-way Enterprise rental before a Panama Canal cruise, and it works very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter