Disneyland show?

Have to chime in here in case @WebmasterPete and Ryno are taking feedback -

We just returned from our 2nd Disneyland trip. Tips from the old team about Southern California were invaluable both times. Years ago Tony's local knowledge was everything for our San Diego add-on. And this time @WebmasterMaryJo and Nancy put our LA weekend right on track. I could not have had such a wonderful 2 days exploring LA without the knowledge they bring to the Day 6 series. On more than 1 occasion we remarked that a tip from them had saved the day.

I'm glad that our tips helped you out, and that you could use the map, even with the crazy traffic that we have out here. There's just no getting around it, unfortunately.

I really enjoyed having the different vibes of the east and west coast teams, but I understand the desire to have a common face to the Dis brand. Hopefully they can find a way to keep the local perspective at the core of the show. The information on offsite hotels and restaurants, "Day 6" activities and even traffic tips have been invaluable in our trip planning. They also have very unique and longstanding histories with the park that added a lot of depth to the show.

Have to chime in here in case @WebmasterPete and Ryno are taking feedback -

We just returned from our 2nd Disneyland trip. Tips from the old team about Southern California were invaluable both times. Years ago Tony's local knowledge was everything for our San Diego add-on. And this time @WebmasterMaryJo and Nancy put our LA weekend right on track. I could not have had such a wonderful 2 days exploring LA without the knowledge they bring to the Day 6 series. On more than 1 occasion we remarked that a tip from them had saved the day. Please continue segments like this.

Meanwhile, @ImTooExcitedToSleep , Tyler and Katrina are wonderful being in the parks so often. I like the new Best and Worst as well.

We'll be shifting focus to the west coast as soon as we can scratch Pandora off our list. Please keep that local perspective coming.
I agree...the DL team’s insight has been invaluable in planning our trips to DLR and SoCal in general. I have no doubt we would have had a lot more issues with our San Diego days without their expertise! I love Pete and Ryno too, but part of what I loved hearing about was everyone’s recent forays into the park. Helped transport me there for a little while :) I hope that local insight remains as prevalent as it has always been! DLR has been our go to park since 2015, and the DL team has helped (whether they knew it or not ) with each of our trips! DD has had so much fun, she keeps telling me that for her birthday she wants to go to Disneyland and see Elsa, lol. Hopefully we can head out there again soon!

I had thought that since they now had a video guy in california, they would do a similar video show with a round table.
They sort of started that with (tylers living room?) and a few people, but i guess they cant find a space to do it.

Am excited and nervous for today. I will check back after lunch. Curious to see what they cover and when it was recorded.
I am nervous about the prerecorded part. DL is small and so seemingly insignificant or last minute announcements and everyday taking care of business become game changers quickly for the good and bad. This is common to happen, not the exception.
Late last week a slew of things came down that would have been a big chunk of the Sunday night show, lifting AP blackout dates, bring a friend discount tickets, last minute TSMM refurb and guests reporting they are being told a major part broke that will delay WOC reopening till August. For those planning trips for the PP opening, I imagine it’s a lot to digest.

Last edited:

First show:

None of the old crew. I am guessing Tyler is important to the show because of his technical skills and knowledge, and he and his fiancée are locals, but there is now no one on the show representing any demographic I fit in. The only reason I think that is important is because I’m thinking DL-related subjects I’m interested in will not be covered or discussed.

Second, they really need to put a little more effort into topic selection. I feel that the WDW folks have already run out of steam. “This week I’ll pick 6 restaurants, then next week YOU pick 6 restaurants, we can get several weeks out of this.” Or, “I got it, WORST SMELLS.” Comparing and contrasting DLR and WDW for the first show, it’s been done by every Disney Parks YouTuber, it’s almost a meme.

I understand Pete’s statement about wanting the show to be about trip planning to DLR, that makes perfect sense, it’s his main business. And it’s all his content, he’s paying for it, he can do whatever he likes. Although there is a DIS community, he’s not maintaining a club.

Like Pete says, just my opinion, take it for what it’s worth. But I don’t think I’ll be watching the new show.

Apparently on the Facebook page some people don't like the logo. But I do and that's what counts. ;)

So i will say I am one that commented that I wasn't crazy about it ... but it is more the fit of the logo to this show. I actually really like the logo but it gives off a very retro vibe to me - and, in my mind, that makes it more a fit for one of the many podcasts that focuses on the history of the parks and looking at attractions not longer there and stuff like that ... not a show that focuses on visiting the parks of the today

I will say I love the new intro to the show - very slick!

So i will say I am one that commented that I wasn't crazy about it ... but it is more the fit of the logo to this show. I actually really like the logo but it gives off a very retro vibe to me - and, in my mind, that makes it more a fit for one of the many podcasts that focuses on the history of the parks and looking at attractions not longer there and stuff like that ... not a show that focuses on visiting the parks of the today

I will say I love the new intro to the show - very slick!

And that's fair. I did have to laugh at some of the comments that said the logo was too Disneyland. I mean pretty show 75% of the content on the site, podcasts and Youtube channels are still Disney World centric

And that's fair. I did have to laugh at some of the comments that said the logo was too Disneyland. I mean pretty show 75% of the content on the site, podcasts and Youtube channels are still Disney World centric

yeah, the Disneyland vs Walt Disney World font didn't really bother me - only that it adds to the "retro" feel to me as among all the Disney Parks Logos, that is the oldest

Still gonna follow your posts, though. And still hope to see you at DLR. I’m the one who kept saying you hated DLR on Mixlr and kept encouraging you to make a visit there.

I’ll be at DLR this October, and again before, during, and after D23 Expo 2019. Hope to meet you there someday.

Still gonna follow your posts, though. And still hope to see you at DLR. I’m the one who kept saying you hated DLR on Mixlr and kept encouraging you to make a visit there.

I’ll be at DLR this October, and again before, during, and after D23 Expo 2019. Hope to meet you there someday.
I hope to get there soon too. Right now we are looking at a Summer 2020 trip to Disneyland if I can't get there before that.

I hope to get there soon too. Right now we are looking at a Summer 2020 trip to Disneyland if I can't get there before that.
That might be smart. SW:Galaxy’s Edge is gonna present a whole new park dynamic. Maybe it’ll settle down by then.

But I figured you’d have visited earlier. Is it because no West Coast runDisney? I’m still gonna call you out on not making a visit - until you do. And solo is ok. More than ok. You can smoke DLR as a solo traveler.

That might be smart. SW:Galaxy’s Edge is gonna present a whole new park dynamic. Maybe it’ll settle down by then.

But I figured you’d have visited earlier. Is it because no West Coast runDisney? I’m still gonna call you out on not making a visit - until you do. And solo is ok. More than ok. You can smoke DLR as a solo traveler.
No runDisney definitely put off my plans. It’s a lot easier for me to get to WDW than DLR. We shall see. It’s for sure on the top of my list.

I still have 2-2.5 years left.
I thought you’d already done that much there, Peter Pan.

How old ARE you? Don’t answer that. Still would like to say “hi” if we are ever at DLR. Sorry you won’t make D23 Expo during your Summer 2019 break. The whole DIS Crew will be in Anaheim.

I thought you’d already done that much there, Peter Pan.

How old ARE you? Don’t answer that. Still would like to say “hi” if we are ever at DLR. Sorry you won’t make D23 Expo during your Summer 2019 break. The whole DIS Crew will be in Anaheim.
Yeah I was hoping to be there for D23 2019 but due to pushing it back to August it does not work with my schedule. I had hoped it would stay in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter