• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Ticket Issue/Question

Glad it all worked out for you. Too bad Disney basically shrugs at all the stress this causes people in what should be a greatly exciting time.

One question that I'm left with is whether their ability to reassign reservations can transcend the bucket system. For example, can I use your refund approach to hold park hopper reservations, upgrade a ticket to a Magic Key, and then transfer the park hopper reservations to my Magic Key? If not, can I do this while I'm a Disneyland Hotel Guest?

I have a suspicion that if they allowed E-ticket changes over the phone or internet, Disney or unsuspecting guests would be open to some sort of Fraud. Disney's unexplained "sorry, there's nothing I can do" line is deeply unsatisfying.

Numerous people have been told by CMs that you cannot upgrade a ticket with reservations to a Magic Key and retain the reservations. It is impossible. The upgrade will cancel out ALL the reservations and the advice is to do the upgrade on your last day AFTER you are done for the day.

That said, the hotel bucket functions as essentially a guarantee of getting park reservations. I have not heard one story where a hotel guest could not get in any day they wanted. And my own personal experience is that it's a literal guaranteed slot. Even when a day is unavailable otherwise.

Numerous people have been told by CMs that you cannot upgrade a ticket with reservations to a Magic Key and retain the reservations. It is impossible. The upgrade will cancel out ALL the reservations and the advice is to do the upgrade on your last day AFTER you are done for the day.

That said, the hotel bucket functions as essentially a guarantee of getting park reservations. I have not heard one story where a hotel guest could not get in any day they wanted. And my own personal experience is that it's a literal guaranteed slot. Even when a day is unavailable otherwise.
The method he used is not retaining reservations from an upgraded ticket. He had reservations using two tickets, one current and one expired. He upgraded the expired ticket to a new ticket, then transferred the reservations from the current ticket to the new ticket. Thus, leaving him able to return the current ticket if he wanted to.

Similarly, if you have two tickets, you could carry reservations on both tickets. Upgrade one ticket to a Magic Key, then (if possible at the booth he referenced) transfer the reservations from the second ticket to your Magic Key. Then, you would be free to return your second ticket.

Hotel stay is not a guarantee of reservations, though it's the best I've seen. There were days last week when no reservations were shown on the availability calendar for guests. As of right now, a Hotel Guest can't get reservations for Disneyland on April 8 & 9.

Hotel stay is not a guarantee of reservations, though it's the best I've seen. There were days last week when no reservations were shown on the availability calendar for guests. As of right now, a Hotel Guest can't get reservations for Disneyland on April 8 & 9.

A ticket upgrade is not the same as holding 2 separate tickets. The CMs can't do what you are suggesting, trust me.

Also not true in hotel bucket. From just now:

Screenshot_20220330-091029_Disneyland.jpg

Those slashed out days are days I currently have reservations already. FWIW, the 24th is currently unavailable to both magic keys and day guests, but I can make a reservation via the hotel bucket.

Glad it all worked out for you. Too bad Disney basically shrugs at all the stress this causes people in what should be a greatly exciting time.

One question that I'm left with is whether their ability to reassign reservations can transcend the bucket system. For example, can I use your refund approach to hold park hopper reservations, upgrade a ticket to a Magic Key, and then transfer the park hopper reservations to my Magic Key? If not, can I do this while I'm a Disneyland Hotel Guest?

I have a suspicion that if they allowed E-ticket changes over the phone or internet, Disney or unsuspecting guests would be open to some sort of Fraud. Disney's unexplained "sorry, there's nothing I can do" line is deeply unsatisfying.
I don't know about the scenario that you pose, but I do think that it's safe to say that the reason that Disney will only roll-over tickets in-person is to prevent fraud and to not aid in the re-sale of tickets.

Also, as an addendum to what I posted earlier, I MAY have misinterpreted what the first CM told me regarding who can re-assign reservations. Someone else posted that they were able to roll-over their expired tickets this week and the reservations on them by ONLY visiting the ticket booth. I based what I originally said on what the GR CM told me... that she could transfer reservations, but I'd have to go to the ticket booth first to roll-over the expired tickets first. But perhaps I could have saved a stop if I went to the ticket booth first.

Ok we are in a little bit of a pickle. We bought tickets feb 2020. Canadian resident deal, so we have 5 adult 5 day hopper pass with max pass. I know they have been extended to Dec 13th 2022, but we cant make it there because of work schedules of getting time off.
i have tried contacting disney and they told us we Have to bring them to ticket booth. But I’m not flying in to find out that There is no park availability. Any suggestions has anyone transferred tickets before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter