DisneyQuest

lopo

Mouseketeer
Recently, I've read rumors that DQ in DD is scheduled to close. Can anyone confirm or address these rumors with definitive info?

I'm bumping you over to the DIS Rumors and News board. Those folks have their finger on the pulse of all that is new and changing at WDW! ;)

lopo,

I hope not. It's a neat place and kids just love it. Everytime I've been there it has been busy, sometimes crowded.

But, I could wonder how many are there on UMP's ( are they called that now?) and how many are actually paying at the door.
Maybe they attribute some of the proceeds from UMP's to DQ for each customer that actually goes to DQ and uses an UMP as the ticket media.

About the only similar venues that actually has had staying power in our area is Chuck-E-Cheese, and all of the machines/activities use tokens. So the income model is diferent. If you are not familiar with these , they focus on children and the main food offering is pizza.

A relative new comer in our area with a concept similar to DQ is Dave&Busters, with more focus an the over 21 crowd. They also have a per play cost basis, but with a discount structure based on a bulk purchase of play units. Lots of VR games and quite a varied menu.

I really think DQ could have done well in this market. Disappointing that the concept was never given the right direction and leadership to reach fruition outside of WDW.

I hope not. I love this place. I wish they would do more with it but I love the PoC ride they have they. They need more like that.

DQ in Chicago closed a while back maybe the rumor you read incorrectly stated it was in DTD???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter