Disney's Aida

walter

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen this production? If so, any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I saw Aida on Broadway in April and it was the best show I've ever seen. Les Miserables was first on my list until I saw Aida. I would definitely recommend it. It got more standing ovations throughout the performance than I've ever seen in a show before. :wave:

Walter, it's very worthwhile. There was a fairly lengthy discussion about the show in late August (whien I got back from seeing the touring production. If you enjoy stage musicals, you will probably enjoy Aida.

Sarangel

I saw Aida and The Lion King on consecutive nights in New York a year ago in September. I enjoyed Aida very much but loved The Lion King. I had heard some of the critics did not enjoy Aida--it seems to me that it was not even one of the entries for best musical last year for the Tony awards--but don't let that dissuade you from enjoying this show. Heather Headley won a Tony award for her part; she is terrific.

The wife & I saw Aida shortly after it opened on Broadway. The reviews were pretty bad, so we were not expecting all that much. We were very pleasantly surprised. Aida is solid entertainment-a very enjoyable & well done show. It's not The Lion King(nothing is) but you will get your money's worth. And although, the Tony's did deny it a best musical nomination, it won in all 4 of the catagories it was nominated it-a 100% win. We highly recommend it and living in NY, we see a lot of Broadway shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter