Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly embarrassing question- does anyone know if you can purchase the everything brownie at breakfast?

We could, but I think they were from the day before. Still yummo! New items like cupcakes and brownies are generally put out around 10:30 am.

We stayed at AoA LM for Thanksgiving week last year and loved it. We didn't book the BB offer :facepalm: because we didn't think we'd be back this year. Sure enough we're coming back and we're bringing a friend with us. The addition of the friend has moved us to a Nemo suite and I was reading about the kitchenettes. If I understand correctly they come with paper plates, bowls, cups and plastic silverware. If that's the case I'm re-thinking placing an order through Garden Grocer and ordering some sandwich stuff to make lunches with. Most of the ADRs we have booked are breakfasts and we're on the DDP so we'll have one CS meal for the remainder of the day. We're thinking about doing midday breaks so if we did a midday break at the room and had sandwiches or something that we could pop in the microwave then we could potentially save some cash on lunches.

For those that have stayed at places with a kitchen or kitchenette what did you do with that? :confused3

We stayed in a suite, we were also on the dining plan, it was so much food, we never ate 3 meals. On the days that we left early, we just grabbed something easy for breakfast, like donuts, poptarts or left-overs from the night before ( for our desserts, we would get something we could eat for breakfast the next morning & take back to the room), had CS for lunch in the parks & then dinner. I did take something for sandwiches & some things for my DD to have in the room. We did keep extra drinks in the refridgerator, took frozen juices & water to the parks.
They do keep the paper plates, plastic ware, ect ect filled up, the maid fills it up everyday when they do the rooms.
Landscapes opens at 6am.

We stayed in the little mermaid section last month. We had 3 rooms. One for my daughter, mom and I and one for the extended family. Wouldn't stay again for a lot of reasons but mostly the strange food court and the small rooms. I'd rather stay at the all stars.

Oh, and the thermostat kept making the room warm. Weird. :confused3:confused3

we got back monday from WDW. we were at AOA for 6 days, followed by 6 days at BWV. I admit, we were happy to get to Boardwalk.

we knew there would be a lot of kids, which is fine (we are 2 empty nesters.) the resort was very pretty, colorful and CHEERY!!! but it seems very congested. the walkways seemed more narrow than at the other values.

we stayed in Littel Mermaid, and I admit it, I was wrong when I posted earlier. it WAS a long walk! I know I posted that it's a long walk from some buildings at POR to the food court etc, and the same for Coronado..and Carribbean.. but those far away sections at least have their own bus stop. and it seems like the disigners tried to make the walk longer by making you walk around a useless grassy circle. or having you walk out of the way to get to the center walkway (we werein bldg 9, and what was posted earier is true. you have to walk in the oppostie direction of the center walkway (towards the parking) and then back again. .... I really don't know why they didn't put in a walkway to the main path.:confused3
we were thrilled to not get a parking lot view.. but we ended up walking along the parking lot every time we went to the bus anyway.. shorter.

they did have a stand selling some muffins etc and coffee, tea in the morning. and YES!!! they did fill the mugs with coffee and tea. I think the LM section would be much better if they also put in an automated refill station like they have at BLY and Vero Beach. (or a bus stop! tee hee

also hubby didn't care for the food court, but we knew that going in. we walked over to Pop's food court one night.

butI'm still glad we stayed there.. I would love to stay there with the grandkids in a suite. like I said, it's very cheery and pretty. I think a great resort for families with kids.

We are booking an AOA suite this week for dec7-12 and can't decide Finding Nemo or Cars...any thoughts?

A friend will be staying at AoA in October. Any advice on what Cars Building she should request?
Thanks!! :)

As a distance question, buildings 1 and 3 are positioned closer to Animation Hall than building 2.

We are booking an AOA suite this week for dec7-12 and can't decide Finding Nemo or Cars...any thoughts?

FWIW, The Nemo buildings are popular, probably because they are the closest to Animation Hall and to the Big Blue pool. Sometimes they are not available to book because they are full.

If you are a Pixar Cars fan, the design and theming of that section is well done, and mirrors the feeling of Cars Land in California Adventure.

Hi !

I know the suites come stocked with (6) each of forks, bowls etc.... , but my question is, does mousekeeping replenish these thoughout your stay? We plan to eat breakfast cereal in the room each day and don't want to re-use.

Thank you!!
Cheryl

Hi !

I know the suites come stocked with (6) each of forks, bowls etc.... , but my question is, does mousekeeping replenish these thoughout your stay? We plan to eat breakfast cereal in the room each day and don't want to re-use.

Thank you!!
Cheryl
Yes they do. Though they were missed one day but the cart was right outside our hall and housekeeping gladly gave us a new supply then.

I posted this in a seperate thread with no responses so i figured I'd add it here.....please forgive me if its already addressed in this thread, as there is too much to read. :surfweb:

We are booked at AOA LM.....although I would LOVE to be closer to the food court and main pool, I refuse to pay the suite price.

My question is, how far of a walk is it from LM rooms to the food court? We enjoy our refillable mugs

Is it as far....or further than: the 90's room at POP or Mighty Ducks room at ASMO? We've stayed at both those resorts and those were the furthest from the main buildings. OR Trinidad South at CBR?? I was just wondering if it's comparable to those distances or worse.

Thanks to all that can help.

Would it be worthwhile to catch a taxi from AOA to FW for HDDR? About how much $$ would it be?
Depends on where you will be that day. General rule of thumb is to allow an hour and a half travel time. With a taxi, you could bring that down to maybe 30 minutes? Remember that the taxi will drop you off at the main area at the campgrounds, then you still have to take an internal bus back to HDDR. If you're at MK that day, you can just take a boat over to the campground. The boat dock is close to HDDR.

I posted this in a seperate thread with no responses so i figured I'd add it here.....please forgive me if its already addressed in this thread, as there is too much to read. :surfweb:

We are booked at AOA LM.....although I would LOVE to be closer to the food court and main pool, I refuse to pay the suite price.

My question is, how far of a walk is it from LM rooms to the food court? We enjoy our refillable mugs

Is it as far....or further than: the 90's room at POP or Mighty Ducks room at ASMO? We've stayed at both those resorts and those were the furthest from the main buildings. OR Trinidad South at CBR?? I was just wondering if it's comparable to those distances or worse.

Thanks to all that can help.

Building 7 closer to lion king is the closest. I think the video I watched somewhere online showed it taking about 8 min to the buses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter