Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Hello! I'm staying at AoA the first week of May and would love reports from recent 2022 visitors.
1) Does Skyliner reliably start going to DHS at 7:30am? How big of a line is there at 7:30? Would I need to get there at 7am? 6:30am? to be near the front when it starts up?
2) Has anyone tried what someone suggested to me for an early MTFBWY arrival: Rideshare to somewhere on the Boardwalk and walk to DHS to get there before parking lot opens and before Skyliner starts?
3) What design(s) for refillable mugs are available?
4) Is, as AllEars reports, the Ear-idescent lemonade drink available at the Drop Off Bar? (Also, where is the Drop Off Bar? I never noticed it in Jan 2020 when I stayed in the LM rooms!)
5) How late is the latest pool open? How late is the hot tub open?

1. Get there 90 minutes before park opening.
3. They have the 4 50th anniversary ones on the mobile order, but I have no idea if they have others.
4.It’s listed on the menu for the pool bar. If you open the app and search the drop off, you can see the menu and click on find on map so you can see where it is.

Anyone there over the next few weeks, can you report back what the skyliner line is like with HS and Epcot opening at the same time? Thank you!

Hello! I'm staying at AoA the first week of May and would love reports from recent 2022 visitors.
1) Does Skyliner reliably start going to DHS at 7:30am? How big of a line is there at 7:30? Would I need to get there at 7am? 6:30am? to be near the front when it starts up?
2) Has anyone tried what someone suggested to me for an early MTFBWY arrival: Rideshare to somewhere on the Boardwalk and walk to DHS to get there before parking lot opens and before Skyliner starts?
3) What design(s) for refillable mugs are available?
4) Is, as AllEars reports, the Ear-idescent lemonade drink available at the Drop Off Bar? (Also, where is the Drop Off Bar? I never noticed it in Jan 2020 when I stayed in the LM rooms!)
5) How late is the latest pool open? How late is the hot tub open?

1. It starts at 7:30 pretty much exactly. If you get there at 7:30 the line will be almost to the end of all of the 50's buildings at Pop - it's amazing (in a bad way!). We got there just before 7:00 and the line just bent around from the bridge to turn and start on the Pop side of the lake. It was not bad, we only waited 5-7 min once it opened. I wouldn't go later than 7:05, and personally would make being in line by 7:00 your goal. To be right at the front - which I don't think is super important, as long as you are decently close - I would say get in line between 6:30 and 6:45? We never went that early, but I can't imagine that wouldn't be good if 6:55 - 7:00 gave us a 7 min wait.
2. Didn't try it. We were there and got on Smugglers run with less than a 5 min wait when we were in line for the skyliner at 7:00, I think that would have been fine for anything you wanted to do. We drove once and I think did beat the skyliner people based on where we would have been in the line that day and were in the first 25 people in the RNRC line, so that worked also. If you take rideshare and are worried about being let into the BW resorts without an ADR, I have read that you can get dropped off at the Speedway across the street and walk from there. in our experience from last week the skyliner will work fine, though, as long as you get in line early enough.
3. Just the 4 50th mugs - two designs, both with a blue lid and a yellow lid option. I didn't see any of the metal ones that work much better and are bigger, but only checked AOA and pop.
4. It was on the sign at the pool bar, but I never asked to make sure they had it. There was often a long slow line for that bar!
5. Pool closed at 10:00 last week (main pool for sure, I think the cozy cone one as well but am not positive). There are no hot tubs at value resorts.

1. It starts at 7:30 pretty much exactly. If you get there at 7:30 the line will be almost to the end of all of the 50's buildings at Pop - it's amazing (in a bad way!). We got there just before 7:00 and the line just bent around from the bridge to turn and start on the Pop side of the lake. It was not bad, we only waited 5-7 min once it opened. I wouldn't go later than 7:05, and personally would make being in line by 7:00 your goal. To be right at the front - which I don't think is super important, as long as you are decently close - I would say get in line between 6:30 and 6:45? We never went that early, but I can't imagine that wouldn't be good if 6:55 - 7:00 gave us a 7 min wait.

So the end of the line is always going to be over at POP? Is there still a seperate line for guests in wheelchairs and ECV's? I haven't been since January 2020 and there was then but I know things have changed in two years.

We have an accessible Nemo Suite reserved. I have watched videos of the accessible suites and it looks like the layout is a bit different than a standard suite. The pull down bed and the living room areas are switched. Are there USB plugs by the Murphy bed in the accessible suites? It didn't look there were in the video. That will be my bed so I am very curious! Thank you.

Last edited:
So the end of the line is always going to be over at POP? Is there still a seperate line for guests in wheelchairs and ECV's? I haven't been since January 2020 and there was then but I know things have changed in two years.

We have an accessible Nemo Suite reserved. I have watched videos of the accessible suites and it looks like the layout is a bit different than a standard suite. The pull down bed and the living room areas are switched. Are there USB plugs by the Murphy bed in the accessible suites? It didn't look there were in the video. That will be my bed so I am very curious! Thank you.
There was a separate line for wheelchairs and ECVs. It was on the AoA side of the regular line, and was obviously much shorter but still had a decent line at 7:00-7:30 when people were trying to get to DHS for EE/RD.

I can’t answer your questions about the accessible suites, we had a regular Finding Nemo suite. The location of FN was great, but my boys didn’t like it and when we walked around told me they would much rather have Lion king or Cars if we ever stay there again.

There was a separate line for wheelchairs and ECVs. It was on the AoA side of the regular line, and was obviously much shorter but still had a decent line at 7:00-7:30 when people were trying to get to DHS for EE/RD.

I can’t answer your questions about the accessible suites, we had a regular Finding Nemo suite. The location of FN was great, but my boys didn’t like it and when we walked around told me they would much rather have Lion king or Cars if we ever stay there again.

Thank you for answering! Did they just not like the Nemo theme or was it the location? I have to admit, we were undecided between Nemo and Lion King.

Thank you for answering! Did they just not like the Nemo theme or was it the location? I have to admit, we were undecided between Nemo and Lion King.
They didn’t like the Nemo theme as well, and didn’t like that instead of the courtyard area we had the pool, splash pad, and play area. They like cars and lion king movies more than Nemo. I liked the preferred location for running to fill up mugs or shop/eat, but I agree about the busy area vs quieter courtyards of the other areas. I’ll try for Lion King if we go back, the whole cars/garage theme in the cars room is a huge turn off for me ( but not my boys lol! But I make the reservations 😁!). This time only Nemo was available when I first booked, and I did see availability to change later but by then had become married to the idea of the close location.

They didn’t like the Nemo theme as well, and didn’t like that instead of the courtyard area we had the pool, splash pad, and play area. They like cars and lion king movies more than Nemo. I liked the preferred location for running to fill up mugs or shop/eat, but I agree about the busy area vs quieter courtyards of the other areas. I’ll try for Lion King if we go back, the whole cars/garage theme in the cars room is a huge turn off for me ( but not my boys lol! But I make the reservations 😁!). This time only Nemo was available when I first booked, and I did see availability to change later but by then had become married to the idea of the close location.
Did you hear pool/splash pad noise inside your room? That is a concern of mine but we also want to be as close to everything as possible.

Did you hear pool/splash pad noise inside your room? That is a concern of mine but we also want to be as close to everything as possible.
No,
I don’t recall hearing anything and we were facing the end of the pool/splash pad area (but the splash pad was closed during our stay) on the second floor. I kind of wanted first floor to avoid elevators, but I’m glad we didn’t have it in that location because it would have been like we were on TV for everyone passing and would have had to keep out curtains closed all the time, particularly after dusk. It turns out the elevators weren’t a big deal, we almost never saw anyone at them or had to wait. And for us, since it was just a stroller issue, we used the stairs anytime we didn’t have the stroller.

We also like to be close to the main building because we use the refillable mugs a lot. We've found the LK rooms to be a great location and it's a generally quiet area because there's no pool. We've always requested and received a room close to the main building and could be filling up our mugs in about 2 minutes after leaving our room. We stayed in Nemo one trip and while we liked it, we didn't feel the few steps it saved was worth the extra money. And the reality is, if you end up in a room by the lake in building 4, you'll have a longer walk to the main building than most of the LK suites.

We also like to be close to the main building because we use the refillable mugs a lot. We've found the LK rooms to be a great location and it's a generally quiet area because there's no pool. We've always requested and received a room close to the main building and could be filling up our mugs in about 2 minutes after leaving our room. We stayed in Nemo one trip and while we liked it, we didn't feel the few steps it saved was worth the extra money. And the reality is, if you end up in a room by the lake in building 4, you'll have a longer walk to the main building than most of the LK suites.
Are there multiple locations at AoA to refill mugs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter