Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Please, yes, remove the creepy clown face. My family loves the resort, hates the clown face. we hope never to have to see it again.

View attachment 531480View attachment 531481

Anyone know why they decided to remove the clown fact from the pool? Seemed like an iconic feature that everyone likes. Added some personality.

I do not know why they are removing the clown face from the pool, but I do not think there is anything, even at WDW, that is liked by everyone. And the clown face certainly has a large number of people who don't like it.

We're traveling in January and both my parents and my family have rented points (from different owners) for our stay at the BWV. My family is in a GV/PV studio and my parents have a boardwalk view 1 bedroom. What would be the best room request for me to put down when I do online check in to hopefully get us in rooms closer together? We check in on a Monday, and my parents don't arrive until Wednesday. Would it be better to check in in at the resort instead of online? Can CMs juggle around room assignments after the room assigner makes them? We don't have to be across the hall, or even on the same floor, but I'd prefer we don't end up halfway to HS in the rooms at the very end of the BWV.

My family is in a GV/PV studio and my parents have a boardwalk view 1 bedroom. What would be the best room request for me to put down when I do online check in to hopefully get us in rooms closer together?
You should contact the owner that your family rented from and have them make a request to Member Services for a Studio overlooking the Village Green.

The Village Green is the green space between the BWI and the BWV buildings. There are quite a few GV/PV Studios that overlook the VG. This section is close to the elevators at the BWV and would be closest to the BW View 1 BRs.

Dave

We're traveling in January and both my parents and my family have rented points (from different owners) for our stay at the BWV. My family is in a GV/PV studio and my parents have a boardwalk view 1 bedroom. What would be the best room request for me to put down when I do online check in to hopefully get us in rooms closer together? We check in on a Monday, and my parents don't arrive until Wednesday. Would it be better to check in in at the resort instead of online? Can CMs juggle around room assignments after the room assigner makes them? We don't have to be across the hall, or even on the same floor, but I'd prefer we don't end up halfway to HS in the rooms at the very end of the BWV.
Since you're all renting points, the best thing would be to contact your respective owners and ask them to email or chat with DVC and request that a "traveling with" notation be put on each of your reservations, including the confirmation number for the other reservation(s). Then the room assigners will know to put y'all as close together as possible. By the time you arrive on Monday, your parents' room for Wednesday will most likely have been assigned already, making it harder to coordinate your locations, and there's no way to make that request online.

You should contact the owner that your family rented from and have them make a request to Member Services for a Studio overlooking the Village Green.

The Village Green is the green space between the BWI and the BWV buildings. There are quite a few GV/PV Studios that overlook the VG. This section is close to the elevators at the BWV and would be closest to the BW View 1 BRs.

Dave
All the Boardwalk view villas are across the hall from Pool/Garden view villas. A Village Green view is lovely, but if the room assigners can't put you there, they'll have no idea that you just want to be close to your parents. (Many request the Village Green because it is so nice.) So the "traveling with" notation will be the best way to get y'all as close together as possible. You can include the request for Village Green as a second request, but the "traveling with" should be your primary request (and your parents need to do the same).

Last edited:
I do not know why they are removing the clown face from the pool, but I do not think there is anything, even at WDW, that is liked by everyone. And the clown face certainly has a large number of people who don't like it.

I am a large number of people. Glad to see it go!

Its also been sliced up and hauled away. So I guess that, as they say, is that.

Ej6_JSnWoAAvo08

Uh, no. MANY people are afraid of clowns and I know more than a few people (myself included) who will not consider Boardwalk or BWV because of that thing.
We have stayed at every deluxe level resort *except* Boardwalk and have not done so because of that clown. My kid has an anxiety disorder and, though we can avoid the lobby and the infamous creepy chairs there, we won't stay somewhere if he has to avoid the pool. Boardwalk will be our next stay just as soon as it opens. I know it sounds stupid but it's true for us.

Just got a pretty good deal renting points and snagged a Preferred View Studio from 11/8-11/12. It's only costing us $40 more a night than the Pop Century reservation we had booked.

I've stayed in a Boardwalk Studio before overlooking the Village Green Area....Where exactly throughout the DVC wing are the "Preferred View" studios?

Thanks for the link.

Actually looking at my reservation since I linked it, it now says Studio Boardwalk View....So I guess they bumped me from Preferred to Boardwalk View?
DVC Preferred view at BWV is divided into Boardwalk view and Pool/Garden view. Originally, BW view was a request only but was later changed into a booking category. So you got the better of the Preferred views!

Thanks for the link.

Actually looking at my reservation since I linked it, it now says Studio Boardwalk View....So I guess they bumped me from Preferred to Boardwalk View?
Just a comment that the bulk of the Boardwalk Studio's are connecting to a 1BR for a 2BR Lock off configuration. The 8 dedicated units are all in a stack (xx29-xx31).

You might contact the party that you are renting from to ask them to make a request to Member Services if you have a preference.

Dave

I know the BW Inn side isn't open yet but does anyone know if the quiet pool on that side is open? BWI is our go to hotel and we will be staying two days on the villa side for the first time. I have always loved the Inn side quiet pool and was hoping it might be open but I'm sure that's probably wishful thinking.

My wife and I are flying to Orlando a day early for a beach trip in New Smyrna - I booked Boardwalk today with the special rate (I live in SC) - my room rate offer was for an Inn room but - my confirmation is listing a Villa room. I should have paid more attention - I'll be curious to see what we get. Excited to sneak in a day at WDW.

Well if you booked it for any time soon it will be a BWV since the Inn side is not open or even have a reopening date scheduled.

Dave

I know the BW Inn side isn't open yet but does anyone know if the quiet pool on that side is open? BWI is our go to hotel and we will be staying two days on the villa side for the first time. I have always loved the Inn side quiet pool and was hoping it might be open but I'm sure that's probably wishful thinking.
Yes both leisure pools are open and Luna Park pool is open but the Keister Coaster is down until about Oct. 30th though dates are subject to change. Ongoing work in the Luna Park area is expected to continue through Nov.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter