Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I think that the Yacht Club only has one club level room without a balcony and only a couple of regular rooms without a balcony. So your odds of getting that room are small. But it does have a great view. :)
Yes there is one YC Club Level room without a balcony, room 5163. It has a bank of windows on the side with a dormer room section. It is / was a victim of roof architecture.

Dave

Missing Window YC CL.jpg

No not really, the wall of windows makes it very light and the room "feels" very spacious. It is also quite quiet since it is at the end of a short hallway.

ETA: more details...

Dave

I will say that the rooms are nothing to write home about.
You can tell they are old and for some reason the shower took nearly 5 minutes to get beyond lukewarm.
The view was worth it though and I'm happy to report that we had 4 USB ports.
[/QUOTE]

We will be in a CR club level TPV in a few days. We love the view!

I agree that the rooms are no great shakes except for their size. But we’ve had very gracious CMs and we love the resort.

Based on pictures it looks like hard-boiled eggs are the only egg option for breakfast? Do you happen to remember if they had any Coke zero products? TIA! 😊

I know you weren’t asking me, but hard boiled eggs are typically the only egg offering at breakfast. In March they were deviled eggs (not my favorite). Plus some deli meats and salmon.

IMG_7312.jpeg

Also in March, no Coke Zero.

IMG_7043.jpeg

Continuation of Review of Royal Palm Club at Grand Floridian

One of the first things that occurred to me when we got to RPC was that I had not seen many pictures of the actual lounge area. During our week (July 13 - 20), the lounge was very crowded which made getting pictures of the food layout really awkward / difficult. So, I popped into the lounge area one evening around midnight and during a few quieter afternoons to grab some pics of the empty space.

The RPC lounge occupies space on three separate floors. As you walk into the front entrance of the GF, just look down the length of the lobby and up to your left...you will see the lounge area on floors 3, 4, and 5. One day I went up to the 5th floor and stood on the right side of the building (opposite the lounge area, sort of over the grand staircase). Here is the picture I took from there of the third, fourth and fifth floors. You will see the CL check-in desks on floor 3, the main food lounge on floor 4, and additional seating on floor 5:

IMG_3408.jpg

The rest of the pictures in this post are from the 3rd floor. We found this floor to be a hidden gem. It was almost always empty and had a few nice large game tables. If you were there the same week as us, you probably saw me, my husband, and our two teenagers playing "Banana-grams" in this space every day during the afternoon thunderstorms!

As you get off the (very slow hydraulic) elevators onto the 3rd floor, you will immediately be facing the two CL check-in desks:

IMG_4017.jpg

Behind the desks, right next to the elevator bank and staircase to the fourth floor, you will find a nice water station that is out all day:
IMG_4020.jpg

If you are sitting at the check-in desks and you look to your left, you will find a nice comfy seating area:
IMG_4014.jpg

Beyond the seating area and against the windows are the wonderful game tables I mentioned earlier. You can see the pool view out the window:
IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

There is also a beautiful patio that you can enjoy. It looks out over the Poly:
IMG_4019.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

There is also an identical patio on the other side of the 3rd floor (by the hotel front entrance).

So, that's the basic gist of the 3rd floor...we thought the ambiance in this area was quiet, pretty, bright and calming.

I'll be back with some 4th floor pictures after I make dinner!

At AKL since Sunday. Very pleased with the quality of CL, just not a fan of being so far away from it. I’m also not a fan of the horrible construction noise above us. Just a warning, renovation on Kudu trail is most definitely not done. Today they are ripping out the carpet and installing hardwood in the room above us. It’s not just a little noise, it’s deafening.

OK, heading up to the 4th floor...the best floor...because this is where all the food is! The next picture is the only picture I took with actual food in it! As I mentioned earlier, it was so darn crowded in the lounge every day, I just didn't feel like butting in with my camera like I usually do. I snapped this pic one morning as we were heading out for the day. As you get off the elevator (or come up the stairs from the 3rd floor), there is a little area where they set up the tea and bread service every morning:
IMG_4021.jpg

Just over the half wall (behind the bread) is the main food service area. On the far counter is where they set up the coffee, water, and juices. The left counter usually had the children's selections, and the right counter had the hot food options:
DSC_7106.jpg

Here is the same area set up with morning beverages:
DSC_7184.jpg

If you were to turn your back on the above pictured area, you'd see another table that they use for the cold salad options, veggies, dips, crackers and cheeses. There are also two fridges with sodas behind the table. Here is a pic that shows the whole area. To the right you can see the cherry-colored bar area where the bartender stood every evening. Every morning, the waffles were prepared on the table shown in the very bottom right hand corner of the picture:
DSC_7113.jpg

A close-up of the TV and newspaper area. I LOVE the Frozen-themed egg decoration...it's beautiful in person!:
DSC_7112.jpg

The comfy seating area and behind that, the dining tables along the windows. I love that everyone gets a window seat!:
DSC_7099.jpg

If you are facing the windows, to your left is the kids seating area and kids TV. Our TPV room was through that doorway and down two hallways:
DSC_7101.jpg

And, the same kids area from the opposite side:
DSC_7114.jpg

And, finally, the view from the 4th floor down to the lobby:
DSC_7111.jpg

I never brought my camera up to the fifth floor but there was additional comfy seating up there too.

I will only torture you with one more post...my personal pros and cons list of the Royal Palm Club! Stay tuned :)

I posted this earlier on general thread but I think maybe I should have posted on the CL thread:

So I am about 29 days out from my stay. We are staying at the Poly club level, we have 2 GV rooms. I have a few questions:

1. Which GV rooms do you like and why? We prefer 3rd floor or 1st. Would love connecting rooms but they don't have to be. Prefer away from the lounge and quieter rooms. Which specific room #'s should I request?

2. Do I email my request in or call DSS? Or should do I do both?

3. Should I do the online check in or does that pretty much eliminate me from getting my requests? If it helps we will not be getting to Poly until around 10:00 p.m.

Please let me know if there is anything else I should do for the room requests and I would love to hear good/bad on certain CL rooms! It has been quite a while since we have been to Disney and we have never stayed CL at Poly so I need some help :worship:

Thank you!
I was wondering about DSS too. I booked Poly CL a couple of weeks ago and have heard nothing. I know from reading on here that their service can be spotty.

I was wondering about DSS too. I booked Poly CL a couple of weeks ago and have heard nothing. I know from reading on here that their service can be spotty.
I don't always hear from DSS upon booking. I tend to think that is a function Disney and their IT issues.
It's easy to get in touch with them. Call 407.939.7777 between 9-5 Eastern.
They have always been friendly and helpful I have called. If you prefer to email, that option is available as well.
Overall, I am very happy with the service they provide.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/signature-services/

Last edited:
We will be in a CR club level TPV in a few days. We love the view!

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

One of the first things that occurred to me when we got to RPC was that I had not seen many pictures of the actual lounge area. During our week (July 13 - 20), the lounge was very crowded which made getting pictures of the food layout really awkward / difficult. So, I popped into the lounge area one evening around midnight and during a few quieter afternoons to grab some pics of the empty space.

Love the pics, thanks so much for sharing so many of that beautiful lounge! Seeing all those great pics is making me want to book another RPC stay ;).

At AKL since Sunday. Very pleased with the quality of CL, just not a fan of being so far away from it. I’m also not a fan of the horrible construction noise above us. Just a warning, renovation on Kudu trail is most definitely not done. Today they are ripping out the carpet and installing hardwood in the room above us. It’s not just a little noise, it’s deafening.

Sorry about the construction noise, but hope you're having a great time :).

The comfy seating area and behind that, the dining tables along the windows. I love that everyone gets a window seat!

That's one of the (many) things I love about RPC.....there are so many windows with great views to enjoy while relaxing in the lounge :cloud9:.

Like any neurotic planner, I've been listening to podcasts and YouTube videos to help prepare for my family's first time to Disney World and our first stay at the Poly (CL Theme Park View AAHHH EXCITED) and one of the podcasts (Main Street Magic) just did their trip report on Poly CL and kind of ripped it apart. They slammed the cast members, the service, the availability of food, the food offerings themselves, the lack of seating at 7am (she said people were sitting on the floor eating), the fact that drinks weren't readily available and the overall lack of value for the money spent.

I've read mostly good things, in this forum in particular, from repeat stays with consistent reviews but I'm not sure how recent those stays were, so this is kind of worrying me - has anyone seen issues with what they mentioned as far as service issues (she mentioned she sat at a table and watched cast members asking other guests what they wanted to drink and not asking her), going at 5pm and having to stand because there are no seats available, having to ask for soda, and water, overcooked and under seasoned "dinner" items and "bad" breakfast items?? They basically said, save your money, and bring your own bagels, beer and wine - it's the same thing as Club Level at Poly and they would not recommend it. Has anything started to slip?? Is this the case?? Give it to me straight guys (even though I want to secretly be reassured 🤣 ) are we walking into a bad CL experience?

I have stayed CL almost 20 times in every one except AKL, and all I have ever heard from IPO and then DSS ahead of time was one post card in the mail for one of the stays :confused3. I wouldn’t even know that they do contact anyone if not for these boards! It really doesn’t matter, and I’m sure it is just random or some computer issue, but sometimes it’s difficult not to be annoyed or take it personally after reading what some other people get 😂😫😡😊. They really should get their act together and treat every reservation the same, at least have consistency within each resort, but I don’t see that ever happening.

Like any neurotic planner, I've been listening to podcasts and YouTube videos to help prepare for my family's first time to Disney World and our first stay at the Poly (CL Theme Park View AAHHH EXCITED) and one of the podcasts (Main Street Magic) just did their trip report on Poly CL and kind of ripped it apart. They slammed the cast members, the service, the availability of food, the food offerings themselves, the lack of seating at 7am (she said people were sitting on the floor eating), the fact that drinks weren't readily available and the overall lack of value for the money spent.

I've read mostly good things, in this forum in particular, from repeat stays with consistent reviews but I'm not sure how recent those stays were, so this is kind of worrying me - has anyone seen issues with what they mentioned as far as service issues (she mentioned she sat at a table and watched cast members asking other guests what they wanted to drink and not asking her), going at 5pm and having to stand because there are no seats available, having to ask for soda, and water, overcooked and under seasoned "dinner" items and "bad" breakfast items?? They basically said, save your money, and bring your own bagels, beer and wine - it's the same thing as Club Level at Poly and they would not recommend it. Has anything started to slip?? Is this the case?? Give it to me straight guys (even though I want to secretly be reassured 🤣 ) are we walking into a bad CL experience?
I don’t have time to go into detail, but we have had examples similar to that at the Poly CL and we have had wonderful times there. It’s all in the day, the CM, etc... overall we love it, it’s one of our favorite CLs. Some of it is due to the view from the lounge, the atmosphere at the resort, the resorts location, and the longhouse’s location, so even without stellar service we can love it. We have had times we couldn’t find a seat, but when we ate on the lagoon side we often would rather eat on our balcony anyway. Usually we could get something. We have had times when we couldn’t find someone to get us a drink easily at all CLs, that’s just the way it works when drinks aren’t out all day. We have had very nice CMs and borderline rude ones, but again that’s at all CLs. We have not had the experience of above and beyond CMs like some people her report anywhere, I often wonder if is because we aren’t “regulars” anywhere :confused3 We have not really experienced food running out, maybe an item or 2 but not a trend. I wouldn’t worry about that one review, and just go and experience it yourself! I often think all of this reading certainly has its perks, like learning things they don’t really advertise, etc, but it can also be detrimental and set up too high of expectations. People report their stellar and terrible experiences, and not the typical, regular ones.

I don’t have time to go into detail, but we have had examples similar to that at the Poly CL and we have had wonderful times there. It’s all in the day, the CM, etc... overall we love it, it’s one of our favorite CLs. Some of it is due to the view from the lounge, the atmosphere at the resort, the resorts location, and the longhouse’s location, so even without stellar service we can love it. We have had times we couldn’t find a seat, but when we ate on the lagoon side we often would rather eat on our balcony anyway. Usually we could get something. We have had times when we couldn’t find someone to get us a drink easily at all CLs, that’s just the way it works when drinks aren’t out all day. We have had very nice CMs and borderline rude ones, but again that’s at all CLs. We have not had the experience of above and beyond CMs like some people her report anywhere, I often wonder if is because we aren’t “regulars” anywhere :confused3 We have not really experienced food running out, maybe an item or 2 but not a trend. I wouldn’t worry about that one review, and just go and experience it yourself! I often think all of this reading certainly has its perks, like learning things they don’t really advertise, etc, but it can also be detrimental and set up too high of expectations. People report their stellar and terrible experiences, and not the typical, regular ones.

You are so spot on, and I know that it's true, sometimes I look into things WAY too much (hello WebMD, I'm looking at you Symptom Checker) - thank you for this! Yeah, I've done Club/Concierge level at other hotels/resorts just never at Disney. You are very right - it's spotty and depends on the day.

Everyone's experience is different, but I had my first Poly CL stay this past Oct and it was amazing! The lounge did get crowded in the morning (7-8am time frame), but that can/does happen at most (if not all) CL lounges as a lot of people head out early. We were there 5 nights/6 days and never experienced anything remotely like what's described above. All of the CMs were very friendly and accommodating, the food was always replenished quickly, and the tables were cleared/wiped off as soon as guests left. There's nothing wrong with reading reviews/listening to podcasts, but I'd take them with a grain of salt. Prior to our first Poly stay some years ago (standard room), I read a lot of bad reviews, which made me consider changing resorts. In the end, I decided to stick with it and experience it for myself. If I had changed, we would have missed out on one of the best Disney trips ever! We have tried many resorts and have loved them all, but the Poly was just amazing and we had a fantastic stay. Not every stay is perfect for everyone as things do happen and people do have bad days, but I wouldn't let a few bad/negative reviews deter you from trying the Poly. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We have never not heard from DSS when booking at BWI. Ever. 5, 6 stays there a year and we get a phone call every single time. Within about 5 days of booking. We get a small card in the mail about the same timing too.
No other stay at another CL has gotten either.
I know DSS is centrally located now but I have to wonder, even in a single office could they have assigned Resorts?
Anyway, as mentioned, getting a phone call or a postcard means nothing. You call them if you need them.
Honestly, I let their phone calls go to voice mail now. I know the speech they are going to give me by heart and I have nothing I'm going to ask of them.

Eh, you know there's a saying about opinions (reviews). They are like "you know what", everybody's got one LOL
I don't waste my time with reading others. What they experience will probably have nothing to do with mine.
I do read reports of what's offered. But that's different than a review, which is 100% subjective to the individual. And seeing how everyone is so very different, there's nothing that someone else experiences that will be just like my opinion.
Not to mention, who the heck complains because you have to ask for soda or water? That's just being beyond picky and tells me right there the type of person that is doing the review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter