Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

It looks like a skillet of cornbread
They rotated a few different varieties of Bobotie, but I'm not sure if that's what you are talking about?? It is an egg dish with meat and vegetables (sometimes just vegetables) served in a casserole dish (or maybe a skillet?) but there isn't any bread in it so it might be different but still delicious!

Dd is Pinot Grigio or Sav Blanc. Hmmm. Hopefully the sparkling is good or she can run to outer rim for a cocktail and bring it up.

Thanks for posting!

I agree , they probably have a back staircase somewhere ? Lol go fetch us something good? A girl can dream….

Not that I have to tell you this, but it never hurts to ask. Never know if the wine fairy can find some new varieties around. :wizard:

I will always have a soft spot for CR CL because IMHO they have really fantastic people there, but I I wish they'd up their offering game a bit. While it's not bad, everything from the food to beverages seems a little average to me and nothing truly "wowing." CR has always been like that to some extent I guess. Oh well, still have the great views.

Last edited:
So much Coddled Egg talk recently I had to join the fun.

View attachment 666286

View attachment 666285

View attachment 666287

After a minute of stirring....
View attachment 666288

I told myself I'd try to eat the whole thing. This is as far as I got.
View attachment 666290
I looked at the first few pictures and I was like 'yeah, no...' then I saw the 'mixed' pictures and I was done. Hard to look at. No one should have to eat that on vacation.

I asked a CM after I tried one, and after the second day of seeing them. "Oh they are very popular!" There is no way I believe that. That's Disney McCoddler confuddling.

why why why. Just go to Sam's and get those frozen little mini quiches!

I looked at my coddled eggs post from early October. "The two hot breakfast items today were those repetitive coddled eggs over mashed potatoes, and ricotta filled crepes."

I think they tried to up their game with the gooey bottom bacon layer. Before it was a teeny little piece on top, the size of a piece of parsley.

Why do these eggs make me :mad: oh yeah maybe because it's like $1,200/night for that :lmao:

CL CM's are like, 'please Bob, please, let us switch it up' and he's like 'no! The shareholders don't want people eating breakfast! It's too expensive!'

You riled me up so early with those pictures.

I looked at my coddled eggs post from early October. "The two hot breakfast items today were those repetitive coddled eggs over mashed potatoes, and ricotta filled crepes."

I think they tried to up their game with the gooey bottom bacon layer. Before it was a teeny little piece on top, the size of a piece of parsley.

And to add to the fun the bacon layer is really more like pork belly chunks. I know people love pork belly but to me it's way too fatty and just adds to the sliminess. :-)

I have attempted to make my opinion known during my stays ( :rolleyes1 lol) and I get the general sense it's a "CG chef thing" and you don't really tell the chef what to do with the menu. I don't know if that's chef singular as in the head chef up there, or chefs in general. Who knows if true as if I was a CM I'd probably be saying the same thing too just to deflect blame.

I guess on one hand I do appreciate them trying to be a little foodie, but then on the other hand sometimes basic is all you really need for breakfast so why go through the time/expense? Throw some bacon and Mickey Waffles out and most folks would be ecstatic. KISS. Save the foodie stuff for evening apps.

Maybe someday when Disney hires me to run CL. :rotfl:

Not that I have to tell you this, but it never hurts to ask. Never know if the wine fairy can find some new varieties around. :wizard:

I will always have a soft spot for CR CL because IMHO they have really fantastic people there, but I I wish they'd up their offering game a bit. While it's not bad, everything from the food to beverages seems a little average to me and nothing truly "wowing." CR has always been like that to some extent I guess. Oh well, still have the great views.
They had Fairytale Cuvee and Meiome Pinot Noir a few years ago. Those are definitely better than the offerings currently at nearly double the price.

The staff is more attentive! :flower1:

Did you notice the lack of good wines at Fantasia Market??? They only had cheap stuff. I had to buy champagne and wine from The Wave last year. NOT CHEAP either:rolleyes1

Oddly Poly has some good wines and champagne for sale in the Moana Mercantile. Hmm I may just grab some from there and mono it back. Def cheaper than the "mark up" buying a bottle from a bar.

Yep my whole day revolves around my 5p red, and a nice 9p beverage for the fireworks and ewp.:cloud9:

Maybe someday when Disney hires me to run CL. :rotfl:
OMG that is what I keep saying. They have NOT stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner!

They wait on you hand and foot! Better food and drinks ALL DAY LONG. Also they make cocktails. You get greeted by your name every time!
I get to wdw and they think the CM's only purpose is to restock the plates etc. I think that is why Francisco is better off at AKL. It appears they support his having fun with the guests.

Only manger that I see doing things pretty well is Lene at BWI. She is always on top of things and the cms there are some of the best out there since covid reopening.

MY dream job lol!

OMG that is what I keep saying. They have NOT stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner!

They wait on you hand and foot! Better food and drinks ALL DAY LONG. Also they make cocktails. You get greeted by your name every time!
I get to wdw and they think the CM's only purpose is to restock the plates etc. I think that is why Francisco is better off at AKL. It appears they support his having fun with the guests.

Only manger that I see doing things pretty well is Lene at BWI. She is always on top of things and the cms there are some of the best out there since covid reopening.

MY dream job lol!

Lene is Great!!!!

MY dream job lol!
I know off topic, but Ritz Tysons is our preferred place to stay when we return to DC area after moving away many years ago. Their club level is fantastic, but we have stayed in non club level rooms as well. Our last visit was April 2019, and now that we live in TX I don’t know when we will return:charac2:

edited for typo

I know off topic, but Ritz Tysons is our preferred place to stay when we return to DC area after moving away many years ago. Their club level is fantastic, but we have stayed in non club level rooms as well. Our last visit was April 2019, and now that we live in TX I don’t know when we will return:charac2:

edited for typo
DD was not sure where to go for her honeymoon next year. Then found an island with a RC with CL. My cl loving dd knew it was perfect for them.

Question, has anyone ever said they like the coddled eggs on this board?

We go in August and I am definitely asking that question to the CM’s. :rolleyes1 They look disgusting!

I will say something positive - the overall flavor is very good, in my opinion.

It's just the texture that's hard to get past, at least for me. I think it would be better in a smaller like 2-3 bite jar. As prepared it's just too much, IMHO.

Are the coddled eggs only offered at certain clubs? I grew up eating this dish. I'm a vegetarian now (not because of coddled eggs), but I’m willing to give it a try since I keep reading about it here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter